• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV - Spring 2013, Xbox 360/PS3. Trailer #2 hits on Nov. 14th

Dabanton

I liked the dogs in RDR.

As I was on a skinning spree in the game I wondered whether they'd allow you to skin the dogs.

I lured it to the edge of the farm and found out you could.

lol.

KingKong

So hyped for trailer 2, I wonder how much they've improved character animations if any (trailer 1 looked significantly better than GTA4 but not as good as Max Payne 3)

lefantome

552368_540700026757_373305569_n.jpg

look at the hills in the background, the area is HUGE!

Squire

Banned
So hyped for trailer 2, I wonder how much they've improved character animations if any (trailer 1 looked significantly better than GTA4 but not as good as Max Payne 3)

I would expect the same. The thing with Max Payne 3 was it's linearity let them pump resources into the graphics.

Dabanton

The MP is going to engulf me completely.

Freeroam

GTA Race and Race (Those of us who got into these modes know how goddamm good they were you and 15 other players going hell for leather round the city)

I wonder which of these will be coming back and which will be excised?

Deathmatch
Mafiya Work
Car Jack City
Race/GTA Race
Team Deathmatch
Team Mafiya Work
Team Car Jack City
Cops 'n' Crooks
Turf War
Deal Breaker
Hangman's NOOSE
Bomb Da Base II
Free Mode
I think a lot of those modes could be worked into the free roam elements especially if ranking up is brought over and they follow the way that RDR MP was setup with the lobby being the open world.

MormaPope

Banned

Freeroam

GTA Race and Race (Those of us who got into these modes know how goddamm good they were you and 15 other players go hell for leather round the city)

Deathmatch
Mafiya Work
Car Jack City
Race/GTA Race
Team Deathmatch
Team Mafiya Work
Team Car Jack City
Cops 'n' Crooks
Turf War
Deal Breaker
Hangman's NOOSE
Bomb Da Base II
Free Mode

8 vs. 8 jet fighter battles
Bicycle race down Mount Chiliad
Tractor races
Naval battles (maybe even cruisers or submarines since they hinted you can go the depths of the ocean)
Firefights in Hollywood and maybe even on movie sets

Even though I was planning on getting Halo 4 next week, I might just pre-order GTA V. It isn't really logical but I need to have this game, plus being there day one and finding out all the mechanics and seeing all the new stuff will be intoxicating.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano

Freeroam

GTA Race and Race (Those of us who got into these modes know how goddamm good they were you and 15 other players going hell for leather round the city)

I think a lot of those modes could be worked into the free roam elements especially if ranking up is brought over and they follow the way that RDR MP was setup with the lobby being the open world.

Race was always fun until the person that's in last place quits the match causing a chain reaction of other players quitting too. GTA Race hits its maximum fun quotient when someone camps the finish line with explosives, lol.

Oh man, this game is going to eat away at any free time i have. And i'll love it.

Dabanton

Race was always fun until the person that's in last place quits the match causing a chain reaction of other players quitting too. GTA Race hits its maximum fun quotient when someone camps the finish line with explosives, lol.

Oh man, this game is going to eat away at any free time i have. And i'll love it.

Yeah that was lame. But as it's gone on and a more hardcore element have stuck around even those in last place can find fun things to do to fuck up the other drivers.

Derrick01

Banned

Freeroam

All I care about is free mode and I hope no sacrifices to the gameplay are made to get it to work. As little as there was to do in GTA 4 they took most of what was there out in free mode.

It would be awesome to fly jets and do whatever else they have planned in this game with a bunch of people.

MormaPope

Banned
Since there are obviously farms and the like in GTA V that must mean livestock/horses and barn like animals are on the farms. Bears and cougars/wolves will be in the wilderness, dogs and pets will be in the cities. In the ocean there will be fish and sharks.

If there is one thing they're using from Red Dead Redemption, it's exploration can and will be dangerous, imagine going in someones back yard only to be mauled by their dog. Imagine crash landing in the wilderness, with no vehicles in sight you'll have to travel by foot to reach a town or city again.

GTA V is shaping up to be superior to GTA San Andreas because all that space in San Andreas oozed atmosphere but nothing else, San Andreas in GTA V is now a living breathing world where going into the woods could lead to you being killed.

Squire

Banned
I always figured they were building to this with RDR's ecosystem and their stress on random events out in the wild to keep the world from getting stake. It'll be like SA, but all that landscape will be used.

dc89

All I know guys that in the UK it's GAME who have those posters. I think someone mentioned in the US it's Gamestop.

I guess we'll learn in due course.

Dabanton

Since there are obviously farms and the like in GTA V that must mean livestock/horses and barn like animals are on the farms. Bears and cougars/wolves will be in the wilderness, dogs and pets will be in the cities. In the ocean there will be fish and sharks.

If there is one thing they're using from Red Dead Redemption, it's exploration can and will be dangerous, imagine going in someones back yard only to be mauled by their dog. Imagine crash landing in the wilderness, with no vehicles in sight you'll have to travel by foot to reach a town or city again.

GTA V is shaping up to be superior to GTA San Andreas because all that space in San Andreas oozed atmosphere but nothing else, San Andreas in GTA V is now a living breathing world where going into the woods could lead to you being killed.

Gulp!

Coming across a cougar or bear in RDR was pant filling stuff especially the cougars as they would sneak up on you silently until they were close and then do that growl..

Having them in the countryside or mountain ranges of GTAV would certainly add a nice bit of danger to proceedings.

KingKong

So it's going to be two characters, older white guy and a young black guy, right? Of course they could pull some kind of twist and have a female cop

MormaPope

Banned
Gulp!

Coming across a cougar or bear in RDR was pant filling stuff especially the cougars as they would sneak up on you silently until they were close and then do that growl..

Having them in the countryside or mountain ranges of GTAV would certainly add a nice bit of danger to proceedings.

In GTA V players will have a much bigger advantage though, in Red Dead all the weapons were from 1910, in GTA V we'll have access to Ak's and Glocks. Although I really do see there being a weapon limit in GTA V, maybe not 2 weapons only, but I do see thew idea of having every weapon class available to use at whim being taken out.

If there is weapon customization though I wouldn't care about limiting weapons to the player, I don't really care anyways.

GQman2121

Banned
So it's going to be two characters, older white guy and a young black guy, right? Of course they could pull some kind of twist and have a female cop

I think you're reading too much into it. The promo images rarely have anything to do with the main narrative.

KingKong

I think you're reading too much into it. The promo images rarely have anything to do with the main narrative.

Maybe but they've shown the black character too much for it to just be nothing, and obviously the white guy was the narrator/in the robbery scene

LegoArmo

I think they were setting up the idea of multiple characters from GTA IV and the DLC, this might be the same as that, but maybe it'll all be in there at release.

dreamfall

That would be particularly awesome- I just hope she'd be completely corrupt. Like start off good, have some moral quandary, become the anti-hero and then just become psychopathic!

Edit: Always wanted to play as Asuka from III. She seemed so brutal- efficiently getting paid by any means necessary.

MormaPope

Banned
I think they were setting up the idea of multiple characters from GTA IV and the DLC, this might be the same as that, but maybe it'll all be in there at release.

Dan Houser/Rockstar also said they wern't going to focus on making large DLC expansions for future games, it would explain the long development cycle. They want to have everything they want to accomplish for V done.

Dabanton

Luckily I have the day off tomorrow. I think I'll take a trip down to my local GAME to get a poster as I must have one.

GQman2121

Banned
Sandy done fucked the shipments of the pre-order goodies up for my neck of the East Coast. Nothing until next week they say.

Top Bottom