• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV - Spring 2013, Xbox 360/PS3. Trailer #2 hits on Nov. 14th

Dabanton

Why would power outage in NY affect GTA5. Aren't the games made in Scotland?

I know when I do work at production houses that the finalised work gets sent over to the US head office for a final look over, sign off. I would imagine that even if the trailers were done in scotland it would need to be sent over to the NY offices first.

bud23

For all of the changes in San Andreas:

http://www.grandtheftwiki.com/Content_Changes_in_GTA_San_Andreas

Amongst the most interesting:
- Animals that would roam the rural areas were cut. Their models are still available in the game's files, albeit without AI present.
- Sharks in the water were cut.

This article lack an important info. If you remember, an early beta version of San Andreas included the city of San Diego/Los Puerta in V (a parody,of course)....

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6664/delperropier1000.jpg

Santa-Monica-Pier-630x419.jpg

... just east of Santa Monica(picture above) is Interstate 405
(Del Perro freeway), the "San Diego Freeway", a major north-south route in Los Angeles County and Orange County, California...
Imo Del perro Freeway will cross San Andreas´s state joining the cities of Del Perro(santa monica),LS and Los Puerta(san diego).

netBuff

They allow it. They do it themselves. Halo 4 has a second disc you have to install to play MP.

At this point this seems most likely, developers seem to have found a comfort zone with this method, stuffing all the SP on disc 1 and adding extra content like language packs, multiplayer component or addon files on disc 2.

That's an install of an "extra component" - the main game can still be played without any hard drive install.

Microsoft clearly doesn't seem to allow the main game to be dependent on a mandatory installation, games like Battlefield 3 or Medal of Honor probably wouldn't have taken the "optional HD textures" routes on the 360 and done the same type of installation as on PS3 without such restrictions.

GlamFM

Banned
That's an install of an "extra component" - the main game can still be played without any hard drive install.

Microsoft clearly doesn't seem to allow the main game to be dependent on a mandatory installation, games like Battlefield 3 or Medal of Honor probably wouldn't have taken the "optional HD textures" routes on the 360 and done the same type of installation as on PS3 without such restrictions.

I'm pretty sure RAGE had a mandatory install.
Edit: I might be wrong.

Imo Del perro Freeway will cross San Andreas´s state joining the cities of Del Perro(santa monica),LS and Los Puerta(san diego).

They showed a sign for a Los Puerta freeway though, the Del Perro Freeway is signposted to run towards East LS.

Not heard about San Diego in GTA San Andreas beta, is there anywhere I can look at that old info?

I pre-ordered at my local GameStop but they didn't have the schwag yet. They took down my phone number on a piece of paper and told me they'd give me a call once it came in. That was nice of them :)

Dave_6

I pre-ordered at my local GameStop but they didn't have the schwag yet. They took down my phone number on a piece of paper and told me they'd give me a call once it came in. That was nice of them :)

They did the same thing for me but I'm having doubts they will actually call me when the stuff comes in.

Is this from GTAV? Good lord please let me explore all of that land. :O

The thing is, too much land like that can be boring. Look at Just Cause 2, which has an awesomely huge world, but it's mostly mountains everywhere and no variety. The mountains can't really be traveled by vehicle or walking, and there's nothing fun or interesting in them, so it is pretty much wasted space that hinders your movement.

San Andreas had a lot of untouched environment areas, but they were easily traversed and had a lot of variety. A forest with evergreens, a large, grassy plain, a mountain in the corner, farm lands to the side, a swamp area, small towns scattered about, and a desert with a big hole (the quarry) north. You could drive and mess around in these areas, and it never really got boring.

If GTA V has less areas like the mountains in that post card and more areas like San Andreas and the first GTA V trailer, then that would be optimal IMO.

bud23

This article lack an important info. If you remember, an early beta version of San Andreas included the city of San Diego/Los Puerta in V (a parody,of course)....

They showed a sign for a Los Puerta freeway though, the Del Perro Freeway is signposted to run towards East LS.

Not heard about San Diego in GTA San Andreas beta, is there anywhere I can look at that old info?

I didn't express myself well. My point is that there could be a highway in order to link the major cities in southern San Andreas .
This highway would be based in the Interstate 5/Interstate 405 (It is a bypass of Interstate 5).

I remember to read that a version of San Diego was present in the San Andreas beta, but Rockstar had to remove some parts of the map.
For example, San Fierro was bigger in the beta version,actually bigger than Los Santos.

The thing is, too much land like that can be boring. Look at Just Cause 2, which has an awesomely huge world, but it's mostly mountains everywhere and no variety. The mountains can't really be traveled by vehicle or walking, and there's nothing fun or interesting in them, so it is pretty much wasted space that hinders your movement.

San Andreas had a lot of untouched environment areas, but they were easily traversed and had a lot of variety. A forest with evergreens, a large, grassy plain, a mountain in the corner, farm lands to the side, a swamp area, small towns scattered about, and a desert with a big hole (the quarry) north. You could drive and mess around in these areas, and it never really got boring.

If GTA V has less areas like the mountains in that post card and more areas like San Andreas and the first GTA V trailer, then that would be optimal IMO.

Agreed here, which is why I'm hoping they add in collectible/side mission type stuff like what RDR did with the "wilderness handbook," or whatever it was. Pick 5 of a specific flower (gives you some mostly useless ability, unlocks the next stage) or skin 5 mountain lions, etc. It won't work in a GTA environment, but I'm hoping that they can put their minds together and come up with something interactive in the wilderness.

But, if the wilderness is like Liberty City in GTA4 (big, sterile and nothing to interact with), then I'm with you.

TheNatural

My Member!
Vice City just came out on Android/iOS right?

And I think I just read San Andreas is registered ESRB for PS3, so it must be coming there too. Has there been any confirmation for 360? Never understood why Rockstar hasn't put it out there, seems like a very easy way to print money.

Whaat, but para-climbing is awesome! The best way to travel. Not expecting a grappling hook in GTA 5 but para skiing would be nice except there's no sign of snow..

I enjoy the size of Just Cause 2, it could do with more animals to keep the empty parts interesting. Apart from birds I think I saw one crab and one scorpion through the whole game. I feel sorry for anyone who feels compelled to 100% that game though, I only managed 50%.

Pachimari

Vice City just came out on Android/iOS right?

And I think I just read San Andreas is registered ESRB for PS3, so it must be coming there too. Has there been any confirmation for 360? Never understood why Rockstar hasn't put it out there, seems like a very easy way to print money.
Vice City isn't out yet. They only announced it. It'll be out for iOS and Android later this year.

Someone pointed out on GTAForums that the Ferris Wheel in IV had carts on it despite being non-functional.

Could be a draw distance issue or an earlier build (however unlikely).

We'll have to wait and see.

Someone pointed out on GTAForums that the Ferris Wheel in IV had carts on it despite being non-functional.

Could be a draw distance issue or an earlier build (however unlikely).

We'll have to wait and see.

It could be a later build where they've disabled the carts temporarily, who knows. I doubt it's LOD as it does look closer than the older shot, doesn't seem like a telephoto.

Speaking of the Bobcat, they need to let you be able to stay in the back of trucks at high speeds without falling out.

Even let you get cover on the back window.

Fjordson

Lol @ the Bobcat. Man...I want to replay San Andreas really badly. But I just know if I wait it'll go on sale on Steam. Probably only like a $10 difference all in all, but I'm cheap :lol

Nope, I don't think there's a single game on the 360 that requires a mandatory installation for the singleplayer component of the game.

Yup, because not all 360's have hard drives, there is no way for Microsoft will allow mandatory installs to play a game.

To give some reference between GTA4 and RDR, GTA4 was a bigger game than RDR when it comes to data. This has to do with two things: 1) GTA4 is considerably denser map than RDR, and 2) GTA4 has radio stations which, surprisingly, takes a bulk of the disc space.

I think it is fare to say that GTA5 will be multidisc on the 360 from what we see so far. Now, the question is what is R* going to split between discs? Remember, bulk of disc space is between map and audio (particularly radio).

UrbanRats

Well there's no way they'd split the map in two discs and you can't split the radios.
If anything they will split the playable characters (RE2 style) or the singleplayer in general.

I think it is fare to say that GTA5 will be multidisc on the 360 from what we see so far. Now, the question is what is R* going to split between discs? Remember, bulk of disc space is between map and audio (particularly radio).

Umm...
If it was up to me I'd just have optional installable radio stations, if that's a solution and if splitting half of the story audio/cutscene data between discs wouldn't be enough. But I'm not convinced it'll be an issue yet. There will be a large map but perhaps the same amount of built up area in total.

netBuff

Umm...
If it was up to me I'd just have optional installable radio stations, if that's a solution and if splitting half of the story audio/cutscene data between discs wouldn't be enough. But I'm not convinced it'll be an issue yet. There will be a large map but perhaps the same amount of built up area in total.

If a game like Max Payne necessitates multiple DVDs on Xbox (although MP3 uses video heavily), then it's probable that the same will apply to GTA 5. I think they are going to divide the discs along lines of story progression if at all possible. Installable radio stations or similar won't happen, they likely won't be willing to hamper the experience for people that didn't install anything.

But who knows, maybe one DVD will suffice: Certainly neither out of the realm of possibilities nor highly unlikely.

rouken

"game informer leaked info"

take with a grain of salt

from here: http://au.gamespot.com/grand-theft-auto-v/forum/game-informer-info-leaked-64476559/?page=0

-You play as Albert DeSilva a half american half puerto rican american
-He is 42 years old and has an ex wife and 2 kids
- the show breaking bad has a little influence on the game as Albert is drawn to the life of crime from an older age for the money.
-You also play as Dougie Vejo a younger criminal just coming up in Los Santos
-Los Santos is the only large city, smaller towns round out the countrtyside.
- Grove Street makes a return, however Carl and Sweet are not in the game.
-Money plays a large part as Albert lost most of his in a ponzi like scheme.
-Property buying is back
-The only customization for characters are clothes/hair/facial hair. no gyms or tattoos
-one or more characters from 4 may show up
-car customization is back, seems more fitting for Dougie however Albert may be going through a midlife crisis.
-the triumphant return of Lovefist!!! or as the band is now known as the Jezzies.
-Songs confirmed so far: My Michelle-Guns and Roses, Magic Power- Triumph, California Dreaming- The beach boys and Beautiful-Snoop Dogg featuring Pharrell.
-New mini games include golf, tennis and surfing
- Mission played was called "Alimony" featured the scene from the trailer in which they rob the jewelry store
more info soon!!!

sure is fake, there is one part the poster edited where you could change characters by pressing the back button.

Top Bottom