• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTAV - Spring 2013, Xbox 360/PS3. Trailer #2 hits on Nov. 14th

Dabanton

Jesus, I just saw that newswire comment....God, some people out there take it like they are personally offended by this delay. THEY DIDN'T HAVE POWER YOU IGNORANT FUCK!

I would advise anyone keen to keep their sanity to not go and read the rest of the comments over there.

Very easy to see why R* are so sharp with the people resposting the same questions again and again in their newsposts they act like idiots.

Jesus, I just saw that newswire comment....God, some people out there take it like they are personally offended by this delay. THEY DIDN'T HAVE POWER YOU IGNORANT FUCK!

You think that's bad, don't ever visit GTAForums.com. They have a thread titled "How much do you hate Rockstar for making us wait?".

GQman2121

Banned
It's ridiculous that you can't purchase the single digital magazine through the pc.

GTA IV had one the weirdest CEs but it was probably the most useful of any CE. You got a duffel bag and a little strong box. I would have kept them if the name was not on them.

It's not a bad little gym bag. The zipper on mine broke though.

lefantome

This is one of the most useless preorders ever, it doesn't change anything if you preorder now or you have preordered 5 months ago.

- No info about the Limited Edition, i probably will buy it, but I had to preorder the standard version, and cancel the preorder if the limited will be announced.
- No info about the preorder bonuses: today in my gamestop they didny know even that the preorder started today(or they didn't want to tell me, then why in the us they already gave bonuses). Amazon is not giving anything.
-No trailer 2, the newset trailer is more than a year old, we don't even know when the next one will be released, they only announced the delay, and it seems that they can't even tell when it will be out. C'mon.
- US retailers, UK retailers, and the rest of the World???

Marleyman

Banned
My strong box from getting the CE is very useful
keep my weed in it

My gym bag however broke early on; the zipper sucked.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
This is one of the most useless preorders ever, it doesn't change anything if you preorder now or you have preordered 5 months ago.

- No info about the Limited Edition, i probably will buy it, but I had to preorder the standard version, and cancel the preorder if the limited will be announced.
- No info about the preorder bonuses: today in my gamestop they didny know even that the preorder started today(or they didn't want to tell me, then why in the us they already gave bonuses). Amazon is not giving anything.
-No trailer 2, the newset trailer is more than a year old, we don't even know when the next one will be released, they only announced the delay, and it seems that they can't even tell when it will be out. C'mon.
- US retailers, UK retailers, and the rest of the World???

Two points:

1. you will be able to buy the game on launch day anyway
2. why not just wait till you have more info before preordering? It's not like they're going to run out of slots in the next couple of months

Raptomex

My strong box from getting the CE is very useful
keep my weed in it

My gym bag however broke early on; the zipper sucked.
HA. Same here. Zipper broke. I use the box for anything R* related that will fit in it. R* stickers, MP3 bullet keychain, the GTA V viewfinder, etc.

abundant

I'd rather see the trailer 1st then read the GI article. Once the trailer comes out, we will know all of the information regarding GTA5.

If it's like past GTA trailers, then we won't know much, just a bunch of guesses. We've had the first trailer for over a year now and the only concrete info we got was the location of the game.

Raptomex

Anyone besides me get the "key to the city" reward from the GTA IV contest back in '08? Comes in a really nice case. It's not a cheap piece of shit either. Kind of hope they do something like this for V

GQman2121

Banned
If it's like past GTA trailers, then we won't know much, just a bunch of guesses. We've had the first trailer for over a year now and the only concrete info we got was the location of the game.

Well, planes are back. Jet skis are in. Laser sights.

I still don't believe it's only Los Santos. I'm fully expecting San Andreas to be revealed.

Raptomex

I still don't believe it's only Los Santos. I'm fully expecting San Andreas to be revealed.
I hope that's true but I think it's only Los Santos a and a surrounding countryside and desert. The first trailer for SA only revealed Los Santos but eventually they showed off the others. In this case, we got a trailer, artwork (in which the settings look like they're in LS), and viewfinders with LS and surrounding area locations. The real LA is a pretty huge place. It sprawls. I could be wrong. Rockstar always surprises. Also, I hope the lasers indicate customizable weapons. That would be awesome.

abundant

We got that there were dogs and planes.

My point stills stands - dogs are in but what about other animals? Laser sights are in, but as an attachment or just for special guns. GTA trailers of the past have always been cock teases, you rarely gain a lot of info from them, some but not a lot.

Anyone besides me get the "key to the city" reward from the GTA IV contest back in '08? Comes in a really nice case. It's not a cheap piece of shit either. Kind of hope they do something like this for V

A guy who was a writer at our studio got one. It was actually really nice.

Tankshell

I hope that's true but I think it's only Los Santos a and a surrounding countryside and desert. The first trailer for SA only revealed Los Santos but eventually they showed off the others. In this case, we got a trailer, artwork (in which the settings look like they're in LS), and viewfinders with LS and surrounding area locations. The real LA is a pretty huge place. It sprawls. I could be wrong. Rockstar always surprises. Also, I hope the lasers indicate customizable weapons. That would be awesome.

Taking into account the apparent scale of the environment in GTAV, I wonder if they will be able to keep the same extremely dense/high quality of the city from GTAIV? That was one of the things that amazed me most about the game... the attention to the minute details. Just hoping that the world doesn't feel a bit barren due to the development team being spread to thinly to deal with the huge map...

Raptomex

Taking into account the apparent scale of the environment in GTAV, I wonder if they will be able to keep the same extremely dense/high quality of the city from GTAIV? That was one of the things that amazed me most about the game... the attention to the minute details. Just hoping that the world doesn't feel a bit barren due to the development team being spread to thinly to deal with the huge map...
I don't think we have to worry about that. Rockstar seems to always keep what was good about previous games and improve on it. They've always been able to create living, breathing worlds.

Tankshell

I don't think we have to worry about that. Rockstar seems to always keep what was good about previous games and improve on it. They've always been able to create living, breathing worlds.

Just the logistics of it must be insaaaaaaane. So many artists all working on the game at once. It amazes me how these AAA games actually come out looking like a singular vision at all.

Raptomex

Just the logistics of it must be insaaaaaaane. So many artists all working on the game at once. It amazes me how these AAA games actually come out looking like a singular vision at all.
If I'm correct GTA IV was one of the most expensive games ever developed. Over 1000 people and I think it cost somewhere around $100 million.

GlamFM

Banned

A lot of people seem to think that. I´d say the chances of it happening are around 0%. (maybe a little lower)

God, remembering the Key to the City makes angry and sad at the same time. I actually completed the contest in the given time, but it didn't register on the R* social site because it was glitchy and laggy as hell back in those days.

I was so, so sad. Never went back to the social club after that. TT

Raptomex

God, remembering the Key to the City makes angry and sad at the same time. I actually completed the contest in the given time, but it didn't register on the R* social site because it was glitchy and laggy as hell back in those days.

I was so, so sad. Never went back to the social club after that. TT
That sucks. I was in school at the time I had to print out the form to send in. Got it 6 months later. I kind of hope they do something like this again and part of me doesn't want it either. The achievement in GTA IV to beat the game under a certain amount of hours annoyed me. I accomplished it without knowing until I unlocked the achievement but the thought bothered me. I like to take my time with GTA and I don't want an achievement like that again. And with the contest it's like you had to rush to get a 100%. Again I like taking my time. GTA cities are very immersive.

Pachimari

Can somebody explain the high quality details in GTA IV's city for me? I never really got into the game, so it's honestly just for curiosity. :)

Raptomex

Can somebody explain the high quality details in GTA IV's city for me? I never really got into the game, so it's honestly just for curiosity. :)
Little details to give it a realistic feel. At least that's what I think we're talking about. Bums in alleys, garbage, leaves, etc. Rockstar is great at creative living, breathing worlds. And the little things really help make the world immersive. At least to me. Also, some of the shit the pedestrians say is hilarious.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
TIL that everyone that every bought the CE of V used the dufel bag and strong box for the same thing .... you keep your WEEEED in there man ...

I still keep my pipes/papers/pot and pills in that tin. Lovely little box.

My zipper broke on the bag as well. Still awesome.

Edit: LoL and the R* logo piece is still on my keys (it's always on the ring with my housekey .. makes it easy to find in the dark)

Nibel

iFvTISuox36WP.png

Fjordson

Damn, no trailer until next week =[ bummer. Oh well.

Was also sort of hoping they'd have some sort of collector's edition. The GTA IV one was pretty cool. Wonder if they still might announce one closer to release.

Squire

Banned
A lot of people seem to think that. I´d say the chances of it happening are around 0%. (maybe a little lower)

Yeah, it's "Los Santos and the surrounding countryside." The line doesn't hit at anything more. In fact, it's oddly specific.

Yea it's kind of good thing now that I think about it. I mean GI is only 3 days away. That's nothing compared to everything else this past year. It's better to have something else to look forward to later next week, especially video. All in all, I'm surprisingly glad, also because I know when to expect what instead of refreshing threads all day long haha.

Fjordson

Yea it's kind of good thing now that I think about it. I mean GI is only 3 days away. That's nothing compared to everything else this past year. It's better to have something else to look forward to later next week, especially video. All in all, I'm surprisingly glad, also because I know when to expect what instead of refreshing threads all day long haha.
That's true actually.

Now I can stop annoying the wife by constantly checking Rockstar Games on my phone to see if they've posted the trailer :lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Man, that GTA 4 trailer breaking the internet was glorious. GTA 5 slowed it down, but that initial 4 one just destroyed it for like.. 10 minutes

Top Bottom