• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTTV Revealing New Sony Game "Very Soon", More

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
bigboss370 said:
two years is fine, but its been what, less than a year since KZ2? i think its too early to announce or show footage.

If Kz3 is released Christmas 2010 as has been rumoured, that would mean well over 2 years if you believe the assertion that Kz2 development finished in time for its then-intended Q4 2008 release date. Uncharted 2 make its debut just over a year after Uncharted: Drake's Fortune hit shelves. It's not unreasonable for Kz3 to follow a similar path.

Edit: \/ There you go, then.

JaseC said:
Well over 2 years if you believe the assertion that Kz2 development finished in time for its then-intended Q4 2008 release date.

We know that reviewers had review copies in December of 08.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
They will reveal that Peace Walker was being worked on the PS3 the whole time with Naughty Dog optimizing the MGS4 engine for maximum enjoyment. :lol

InfiniteNine said:
They will reveal that Peace Walker was being worked on the PS3 the whole time with Naughty Dog optimizing the MGS4 engine for maximum enjoyment. :lol
I would love for that to happen.

If this turns out to be a sequel to PSN titles... Flower 2?

Surprise sequel probably means we were not expecting it. I'm placing my bets on Demon's Souls 2.

Colony Wars please!

Goddamn, how often will I have to repeat this to finally get this game Sony?? What about the chatter some days (weeks) ago about the revival of an old Playstation franchise, will this be the same as the GTTV reveal?

Edit: I did my homework by now and it seems to be about a sequel. So Colony Wars it is, or Demon's Souls 2 :D

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I hope it's a new Level 5 game that isn't WKC. Didn't L5 announce they're making a game for the Wii and PS3?

y00tz

Neo Member
The "surprise sequel" bit, along with the fact that 1up saw a game in Japan, to be revealed around the same day, makes me wish/dream that Last Guardian is being announced as a direct sequel to Ico and shipping in 2010 with a bonus bluray of Ico + SoTC.

:lol :lol :lol

y00tz

Neo Member
The 4G1U crew was in Japan last week, they didn't even hint that it was Sony related, just a dream.

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Good plan, wait till God of War 3 is released and then instantly pile on another hype train.

Actually this announcement is gonna be out at least a week before GoWIII comes out, so I don't know what you mean?

Nothing wrong with "Hype" as long as it's worthy of hype and exciting.

beast786

Seems like a game PSXextreme talked about this last year

"You may have heard it here before: we are aware of a truly huge PS3 exclusive title that hasn't been announced or confirmed as of yet."

" and the only hint we can give you is that it is familiar. Well, we're talking about a massive upgrade over the last installment, but nevertheless...familiar"

"The good news is that we might be able to spill the beans on this as early as January or February, but we're at the mercy of Sony right now."

"You know about Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, God of War III, MAG, Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Gran Turismo 5, Heavy Rain, and The Last Guardian. This title will have a place in that elite group as soon as it's announced; you can be guaranteed of that"

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/5705.html

beast786 said:

"You may have heard it here before: we are aware of a truly huge PS3 exclusive title that hasn't been announced or confirmed as of yet."

" and the only hint we can give you is that it is familiar. Well, we're talking about a massive upgrade over the last installment, but nevertheless...familiar"

"The good news is that we might be able to spill the beans on this as early as January or February, but we're at the mercy of Sony right now."

"You know about Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, God of War III, MAG, Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Gran Turismo 5, Heavy Rain, and The Last Guardian. This title will have a place in that elite group as soon as it's announced; you can be guaranteed of that"

So...no Killzone 3? Sony I am disappoint.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
Killzone 3. Just book it people.

ARC controls necessary and we have a deal. I'll book it
beast786 said:

Okay, so now it's time to over-analyze this thing to death.

First, he says massive upgrade over the last installment. He doesn't say first installment, so I'm thinking it will be something with at least two games out. He also says that it's a massive upgrade but still familiar. To be a familiar game with a massive upgrade must mean we haven't seen it (on PS3) yet, since how massive of an upgrade can a game be if we've already seen the game on the PS3. And the whole 'it's familiar' corroborates that cause of course a game that we've seen on the PS3 already will be familiar.

So it's a PS1/2 era game that is coming to PS3. I'd say Syphon Filter PS3 since we know that Bend was hiring people, and they have PS3 devkits. But another game that could fit the bill is Starhawk since battlefront-esque fighting with seamless air and land fights would be a massive upgrade.

I do think the quote rules out Resistance 3, Killzone 3, inFamous 2, et al.

And Syphon Filter is a title I could see GT announce. The question is because of it happening in the swing of GDC and Sony's ARC being their focus on GDC, will it be an ARC title?

Anyway, the announcement turnover on this game is about 38 hours, so we'll see then.

Firewire

Banned
beast786 said:

Now I'm 100% sure its the new Syphon Filter.

Mikey Jr.

beast786 said:

Shit.

Well, its Twisted Metal. Ohh well, never been a fan, but whatever.

Firewire

Banned
Mikey Jr. said:
Shit.

Well, its Twisted Metal. Ohh well, never been a fan, but whatever.

If you follow David Jaffe, you know it can't be the new Twisted Metal. His time line where he documents when he was showing stuff on the new game to Sony wouldn't match up. Also I don't think he was out and about showing an uncompleted game to anyone who wanted a glance.

AAK

Twisted Metal wouldn't be first party since it's from ESP.

But meh, I'm pretty sure they won't show any footage at all. Just like a logo teaser or something.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised to see them put up a date for the actual reveal.

Starhawk and Twisted Metal are the two most likely games to be announced. At least that's what I think. I know AlphaSnake (who runs PSXEtreme) mentioned that TM is going to be announced at GDC. Which lines up pretty closely with this announcement.

I'd say Syphon Filter or The Getaway.

If it's SF than the PS3 *officially* leapfrogs the PS2/Xbox as my second favorite console of all time. And yes, Gabe Logan better be back, at least in some form. The only advice I would give the team is make boss fights unique, inventive, and plentiful.

Linkified

JaseC said:
Won't happen, at least not right now with ND busy with Uncharted 3.

Who said Naughty Dog were developing it? I just want a PS3 version. Plus ND should switch out franchises like Insomniac does.

andycapps

Mesijs said:
It is actually Resistance 3.

Wouldn't be much of a reveal since the leaked pictures of a movie in production showed billboards for Resistance 3. But do you know this for a fact or just a guess?

EricHasNoPull said:
Actually this announcement is gonna be out at least a week before GoWIII comes out, so I don't know what you mean?

Nothing wrong with "Hype" as long as it's worthy of hype and exciting.

I am simply saying that it's good to constantly have another big title to look forward to. When Killzone 2 released, we had Uncharted 2. Then we have God of War 3. And now when it releases, we have Secret PS3 Game. It's sort of our way of saying "we have each other".

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
If it's Tomba 3, I'll scream the whole day.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Linkified said:
Who said Naughty Dog were developing it? I just want a PS3 version.

Who else outside of perhaps Insomniac (who are, surely, themselves busy) would you trust to developer a PS3-based Jak?

Plus ND should switch out franchises like Insomniac does.

I'd much rather wait a while longer and get it done right the first time.

beast786 said:

Forgot about that article, and it lines up so well timing wise (beginning of March) and the fact GTTV is saying "surprise".

Hype slightly elevated other than believing it just to be KZ3/R3.

When does GTTV air? It'll be Friday before us UK-GAF members know right?

Top Bottom