• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTTV Revealing New Sony Game "Very Soon", More

V_Ben

Banned
gofreak said:
By the by, sort of OT, but was Sony having a laugh with that recruitment ad in the latest issue of Edge?

I dunno if this was greenlighted before or after the Studio Liverpool restructure, but it's basically a two-page recruitment ad for the 'North West Studio Group' (i.e. Liverpool, Big Big Studos and Evolution Studios), with a big visual montage of some of the franchises from those studios. Celebrating 15 years of development etc, boasting how the group had sold 10m copies of their PS3 games to date.

Thought it was a bit bittersweet :|

agreed, that did seem rather odd.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
deepbrown said:
Still find it odd you don't think Gran Turismo 5 is for the SpikeTV audience...adult PlayStation gamers.
Unless I'm not searching right, it doesn't seem they had an episode on Forza 3 or Need for Speed Shift.

GT5 is bigger than both of them combined, but still the complete lack of them seems to suggest they don't really cover sim racers.

Nirolak said:
Unless I'm not searching right, it doesn't seem they had an episode on Forza 3 or Need for Speed Shift.

GT5 is bigger than both, but still the complete lack of them seems to suggest they don't really cover sim racers.

He doesn't say that there will be an episode dedicated to whatever game this is. So it could just be a trailer that they show.

Dementia

TheFatOne said:
Then you sir are an idiot :D
No, I'm patient. I can wait and hope a remastered version is released and if not buy a ps2 as a last resort. Or just suffer through choppy fps in pcsx2 for the IQ boost.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
SolidSnakex said:
He doesn't say that there will be an episode dedicated to whatever game this is. So it could just be a trailer that they show.
Somehow I don't feel Geoff is hyping up a Gran Turismo 5 trailer as a giant mystery game.

yurinka

Messypandas said:
If it is Syphon Filter 3 I hope they keep Gabe's ridiculous running style
SYPHON%20FILTER%203.jpg

Foil

Totobeni said:
will Zipper just released MAG.

and why another dudebro shooter ? Sony need to be smart now , they need to cover the empty holes in PS3 library instead of making more of the same from their 1st/2nd party studios.

PS3 seriously need something from the other genres Adventure , Survival Horror , WRPG , sandbox , and I am pretty sure their 1st party/ hired 2nd party can do this instead of more and more of the same things , for an example I think a new Syphon Filter will makes perfect sense , because PS3 lacks Stealth-3rd person Shooter since last game was MGS4 and Splinter Cell is not on it.

You're not getting those types of games from Zipper anyways. Since they have another project in the works I'd gladly take a real Socom with full single player and 4 player co-op.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Foil said:
You're not getting those types of games from Zipper anyways. Since they have another project in the works I'd gladly take a real Socom with full single player and 4 player co-op.

sure I meant other 1st/2nd party on those genres , Zipper just released MAG , let them support it for now and next time bring new ideas for shooters/online shooters instead of just more of SOCOM.

anyway SOCOM name got damaged too much because of S6 low quality games , I don't think the franchise wroth anything now , if they want to revive it , then it will require huge amount of money and marketing.

deepbrown said:
Still find it odd you don't think Gran Turismo 5 is for the SpikeTV audience...adult PlayStation gamers.
I would put Gran Turismo 5 into car enthusiast instead of clumping it with categorized fans.

Better be Killzone 3. Killzone 2 is still the graphics champ on ps3 IMO, I can't even imagine what Killzone 3 will look like. 60fps maybe?

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
H_Prestige said:
Better be Killzone 3. Killzone 2 is still the graphics champ on ps3 IMO, I can't even imagine what Killzone 3 will look like. 60fps maybe?

It was a very graphical game, but it was boring as hell... never finished it, just stoped after a while... game made me sleep ;p!

H_Prestige said:

Given the inevitable long cycle life these consoles will have, It seems a bit too soon to announce KZ3. There's a shitload of games in the pipeline yet.

deepbrown

soundahfekz said:
Given the inevitable long cycle life these consoles will have, It seems a bit too soon to announce KZ3. There's a shitload of games in the pipeline yet.
Nah...expect KZ3 sooner than you think.

thuway

soundahfekz said:

How many huge AAA beasts can actually land this fall? I can think of GT5 and Last Guardian. I'm kinda hoping for some sort of shooter fix :-/.

kazuma_pt said:
perhaps not sony themselves, but they should get someone to do it. gow collection was amazing, ico/sotc are definitely another one of sony's franchises that deserves the same treatment.

This. The conversion shouldn't be too terribly bad and SotC needs the extra horsepower of the PS3.

Totobeni said:
will Zipper just released MAG.

and why another dudebro shooter ? Sony need to be smart now , they need to cover the empty holes in PS3 library instead of making more of the same from their 1st/2nd party studios.

PS3 seriously need something from the other genres Adventure , Survival Horror , WRPG , sandbox , and I am pretty sure their 1st party/ hired 2nd party can do this instead of more and more of the same things , for an example I think a new Syphon Filter will makes perfect sense , because PS3 lacks Stealth-3rd person Shooter since last game was MGS4 and Splinter Cell is not on it.

PS3 does have stuff in those other genres... Uncharted is an adventure game, Siren is Survival Horror, inFamous is sandbox, and I dunno about WRPGs, I don't play them.

But yeah, Syphon Filter would be somewhat analogous to Splinter Cell (more so than with MGS4, though that already falls under that genre).

I really do want a Syphon Filter game for the longest time. I have Dark Mirror and Logan's Shadow, but I haven't finished either... I've always preferred playing games on the TV and not as much on the PSP.

PS3 Syphon Filter with Uncharted 2-esque graphics and storytelling (in that it's really really good) would rock so hard.

It's already a given that inFamous 2, Resistance 3, and Killzone 3 are coming, so I'd rather than announcement be Syphon Filter. Was my favourite series as a kid.

Edit:

Haha, maybe they're resurrecting that Eight Days game. That'd be a heck of a curve ball.

WrikaWrek

Banned
It is true. Sony first party is so out there.

Sony successfully created a first party staple, that just creates the goods. And i love that they really put their money on their games, not just on the marketing.

WrikaWrek

Banned
A good Syphon Filter would be awesome. But i'm pretty sure the franchise is dead, and Sony isn't going to hand out the budget for it.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
A non important game, possible PSN.

Has any big game ever been announced on something like GTTV?

WrikaWrek said:
A good Syphon Filter would be awesome. But i'm pretty sure the franchise is dead, and Sony isn't going to hand out the budget for it.

I'd be pissed if they killed the franchise after the ending they pulled in Logan's Shadow. it was a perfect setup for franchise revival / reboot. I hope it's not dead =(

Violater

LovingSteam said:
Guys, this is Geoff! He would hype a sequel to Pimp my Ride. Seriously, whenever it comes to hype from this guy, I assume it will be trash.

Agreed, no way they are topping the GOW3 episode in a while.

Honolulu

Neo Member
Parappa the Rapper 3 for PSN. Gotta Believe!
watch

Was'nt there a lot of rumours circling around that concerned a lot of sony's first and second parties, of which most of them turned out to be true, and one of those rumours was that Insomniac was supposed to be working on a new IP that was very Zelda-esque?
I hope they are. :)

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Honolulu said:
Parappa the Rapper 3 for PSN. Gotta Believe!
watch

Was'nt there a lot of rumours circling around that concerned a lot of sony's first and second parties, of which most of them turned out to be true, and one of those rumours was that Insomniac was supposed to be working on a new IP that was very Zelda-esque?
I hope they are. :)

I wish they could have released the song "Believe in Yourself" that was scheduled to appear on the PSP port of PTR1 :/

Honolulu

Neo Member
WrikaWrek said:

They might make a Syphon Filter Solid kind of thing though and reinvent the franchise some what and breath new life into it, If Konami could do it so can Sony.
It's easier to plan something like that for an already existing IP rather than if it would be something "new".

Top Bottom