• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guardians of the Galaxy 3 is 2 and half hour long. How do you feel about long movies?

HoodWinked

length in itself means nothing. The actual difficulty is pacing.

It's why Avatar 2 and Endgame which are 3+ hours felt fine to watch while a movie like Thor Love and Thunder which is 2 hours felt like a slog.

Skyfox

Dress down?
nvGclp0.png

Batiman

Banned
I love long movies most of the time. Not really in theatres though. If it’s a slow movie I’ll usually watch it in 2 sittings at home. I’d rather watch movies split up then watch 99% of any TV series

Power Pro

So people are complaining that she's dressing like she's been hanging out on Earth instead of the clothing she wore when working under Thanos? Wow, it's like something happened between then and now.
Look at those pictures...it's more than that. It looks like she's got her boobs strapped down like she's Judy Garland in The Wizard of Oz. Also, it's like the clothes make every attempt to hide her curves among her hips and torso, which she clearly has.

YCoCg

Look at those pictures...it's more than that. It looks like she's got her boobs strapped down like she's Judy Garland in The Wizard of Oz. Also, it's like the clothes make every attempt to hide her curves among her hips and torso, which she clearly has.
wh-pr-images-karen-gillan1-1662560335.jpg

Did you know people can look different if they pose differently? Try it out, you can get some good pictures of yourself that way.

edit: Also if you apply the same thinking logic to other characters in that poster, Why isn't Drax topless anymore? Why is he not posing in a way that shows off his muscles? Why is he wearing a hoody and looking all chill?

Last edited:
Do you both think movies 3 hours or over are a modern trend?

Gone with the Wind (1939) Lawrence of Arabia (1962), Cleopatra (1963), Ben-Hur (1959) The Godfather Part 2 (1974) and Apocalypse Now (1979) are just a few choice classics with runtimes over three hours.

Only the young, people with short attention spans and/or people with no film taste complain about movies being over 120 mins.
Cleopatra is one of the longest movies ever made.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
wh-pr-images-karen-gillan1-1662560335.jpg

Did you know people can look different if they pose differently? Try it out, you can get some good pictures of yourself that way.

edit: Also if you apply the same thinking logic to other characters in that poster, Why isn't Drax topless anymore? Why is he not posing in a way that shows off his muscles? Why is he wearing a hoody and looking all chill?

We get it. You don't like seeing sexy women.

YCoCg

We get it. You don't like seeing sexy women.
How did you get that from what I said? I literally posted the actress who plays the character, look at her chest in this recent photo, it's the damn same as the character shot, they didn't change shit, she's just in a different pose which you seem to struggle to grasp can alter how you come across.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
How did you get that from what I said? I literally posted the actress who plays the character, look at her chest in this recent photo, it's the damn same as the character shot, they didn't change shit, she's just in a different pose which you seem to struggle to grasp can alter how you come across.

mad homer simpson GIF

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Do you both think movies 3 hours or over are a modern trend?

Gone with the Wind (1939) Lawrence of Arabia (1962), Cleopatra (1963), Ben-Hur (1959) The Godfather Part 2 (1974) and Apocalypse Now (1979) are just a few choice classics with runtimes over three hours.

Only the young, people with short attention spans and/or people with no film taste complain about movies being over 120 mins.
That were the exceptions... Now it's almost the norn, illustrated by the fact that there used to be a break in cinema during long movies and now there isn't.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
That were the exceptions... Now it's almost the norn, illustrated by the fact that there used to be a break in cinema during long movies and now there isn't.

I could give more examples, but long movies have been around since the dawn of cinema. It's also nowhere near the norm.

Three recent big hitters (Creed 3, Dungeons and Dragons and the recent ant-man) are all 2 hours or a fraction over.

Yes, there are a few films that hit the 3 hour make (Avatar being a recent example), but it's not the norm.

Rockondevil

If the movie is good and captivating the time matters little to me.
I've not really had to pee during a movie, but I wouldn't be against an intermission for the longer movies. Just 10 minutes or so for a drink/popcorn refill or toilet break.

MilkLizard

I'm with Barry Sonnenfeld on this one.

Director Barry Sonnenfeld, who’s never made a film longer than 106 minutes—which he did twice with Men In Black 3 and Wild Wild West —says “running time has become less of an issue in terms of theatrical exhibition,” before adding that “it almost feels like it’s become a matter of pride to have a longer movie.”

Thought it was an interesting read.

Why are movies so damn long? (avclub.com)

As long as it's not shit I'm good with a long movie. Hell I even liked most of Snyder's extended cut, once I got used to the stupid letterboxing.

Top Bottom