• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guerilla Games creates Twitter account just prior to E3

Over the horizon... (someone please photoshop Guerilla logo at the background)

outcast_horizon_by_angelic_jean.jpg

I think this might be my most anticipated announcement of E3. GG has so much potential that a new IP might finally turn that potential into production.

qko

Has it been verified? I think some prankster pulled this off with Retro Studios a couple of years ago right before an E3

I want a Helghast Dino. Wonder what it would look like.

I Can totally see an optional Dino hunt you find the said Dino wrapped in red Helghan flag teared up and the Dino is called radec or something with a side story like his lair is in the ruins of a past autocratic military civilization

I expect Horizon at the event. You could call it... Event Horizon.

shitty movie

I pray Horizon isn't first-person.

Apparently it isn't, but you never know. It better not be anyway. And I hope it's single-player focused and not some half-hearted MMO bullshit extravaganza like Destiny.

Apparently it isn't, but you never know. It better not be anyway. And I hope it's single-player focused and not some half-hearted MMO bullshit extravaganza like Destiny.

I don't think it'll be a pseudo-MMO like Destiny, but I think it'll have a strong online focus. I'm thinking it'll probably be like Monster Hunter where you can hook up with folk to go and beat up big enemies.

I like this idea, I like it very much

Yeah, I would definitely be on board for this. Let players hook up with other warriors at village or hub areas, or run into people at random while out in the environment, a la Journey. Honestly, I wouldn't mind it if has perpetual online elements, although hopefully not mandatory.

I expect Horizon at the event. You could call it... Event Horizon.

shitty movie

EH was a great movie for half of it. No idea what the hell went wrong and why they chose to make the last half terrible.

I'm tentative about this. From rumours it's open world RPG right? They have the world building aspect down but I hope they hire the right people for the rest - script and story and some expertise in RPG systems.

Expecting more of a shooter RPG.
They hired new Vegas writer and a guy from Battlestar galactica I think.

Isn't Horizon supposed to be a third person Prehistoric (Furture) DinoRobot RPG with a female protagonist.
?

Completely different genres.

I think Breakage was taking the piss, as Killzone was labelled as a 'Halo killer' before release
(foolishly, by Edge)

Mandelbo

So this could be a big, open world robo-dinosaur hunting ARPG? Yup, I'm on board.
Truth be told, I was hoping this was going to show up at PSX last year, and I'm equally hoping it'll show up at E3 this year with gameplay footage. At the very least it'll look pretty.

Sorc3r3r

Always exciting to watch a new IP announcement.

I hope this e3 will bring many new games to us.

Good luck to everyone involved.

wachie

Mods have been closing threads from twitter rumours all week. It has no substantial proof.

And if you check the date from twitter account it's from 2014.

http://twopcharts.com/howlongontwitter/Guerrilla

Not sure why OP didn't edited until now.
Mods were closing threads because people were taking them (tweets/even retweets) out of context. The fact that GG is now started to use this account should be enough to say they are moving away from "just a KZ studio".

Carl

I hope this is finally the year they ahow it off. Must be 3 years since they began work on it, it can't be much longer before they announce it. Freaking robot dinosaurs. Looks so cool in that art, hope it looks that good in motion

Mods were closing threads because people were taking them (tweets/even retweets) out of context. The fact that GG is now started to use this account should be enough to say they are moving away from "just a KZ studio".

And the real story was Seb's "nudgenudgewink" at the twitter account.

Top Bottom