• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guerrilla: GG's new IP won't be at E3 - not ready to show yet

Why? Those games are what sell big numbers, even if you don't care to see them.

Yeah but they have their own conferences they can show those games at.

I'm sure there will be some surprises (from everyone, not just Sony) but I gotta say my hype levels for this E3 are flatlining.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing will be at E3. 2014 is the E3 of nothingness.

But I'm fine with that. I just want to see stats, graphs, charts, and numbers. I want to know that my preferred company is healthy. That gets me excited. Not these games. Who the fuck needs games? You see, games are like movie trailers; they're best when anticipated but never received. I don't go to the movies to watch the movie, I go for the trailers.

So I hope no company shows any games, because that would be boring. Just tell us things are coming. That would be best.

But seriously, I wanted to see what this was :(

AAK

I don't want an entire conference filled with third party games. Wish they would just make a rule that forbids Ubisoft and EA, from showing their multiplat games at Sony or Microsoft conference.

I really hate this mentality. Almost like people care less about good games and just want to see their favorite company flex.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
wait SSM said they are not going to be at E3?

What about that God of War teasing tweet recently?

2014-06-0418_47_29-tw9jjkd.png

I think it's just DriveClub, some HD re-releases, and indie games as it stands for the rest of the year.

I guess they could announce something for Fall still, but I'm not seeing many open studios.

They blew their load on the PS3 last year. I dont expect anything until late 2015-2016

slash3584

Seems the whole Sony conference will be carried by third parties,indies and hopefully project beast.

I won't be surprised if in the next days we hear the same statement from SCEJ.

Loudninja

SSM just canceled a project, GG release a game 7 months ago.

Again I am not sure why they were expected to be there in any form.

Salex_

Is their E3 going to be pretty much all indies again? What the hell are they going to show off?

They had 5 minutes dedicated to indie games at E3. What the fuck are you talking about?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVL6KCK4ES4

And does no one read? Seriously, go to the second page and look at this. If GG turns out to not be at E3, how does that mean there's no other studios left? The logic is not there.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=114714577&postcount=70
Ok, so we have the following IP's (what we know):
- Entwined
- Bloodborne
- KILL STRAIN
- Guns Up!

Studios, which we can count out (which are not the devs of the above mentioned IP's):
- Sony Santa Monica Studio (too soon)
- Guerrilla Cambridge / Cambridge Studio (too soon)
- Media Molecule (see Thread)
- Naughty Dog (Uncharted 4 + TLOU: Remastered)
- Sucker Punch (inFAMOUS: Second Son / DLC)
- Foster City Studio (doesn't make own games anymore)
- Sony Online Entertainment (PlanetSide 2, EverQuest Next/Landmark, H1Z1)
- Ready at Dawn (The Order: 1886 only)

So what is left:
- Sony Japan Studio (over 400 people / several teams)
- Sony London Studio (SingStar Team + Project Morpheus Team + another team/Unannounced title)
- Evolution Studios (DRIVECLUB only)
- Guerrilla Games (Killzone: Shadow Fall Team + Unannounced new IP)
- Sony Bend (1 Team / Unannounced new IP)
- Sony San Diego Studio (MLB The Show Team + Rumored Second team / Unannounced new IP)
- Polyphony Digital (two Studios, in two different towns --> Gran Turismo only, as it seems)
- Pixel Opus (new Sony Studio in San Mateo / one team / Unannounced new IP)

Second/Third Party working on SONY IP's:
- From Software (Project: Beast)
- Supermassive Games (Until Dawn)
- Giant Sparrow (Unannounced title)
- Quantic Dream (BEYOND team + Unannounced new IP)
- Clap Hanz (maybe "Everybody's Golf 7" for the PS4)
- The Chinese Room (Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture)
- Novarama Games (Working on an unannounced title / maybe Invizimals for PS4)
- Heavy Spectrum Entertainment Labs (Shadow of the Beast)
- Tequila Works (RIME)
- Housemarque (Resogun DLC + Unannounced title)
- Arrowhead Game Studios (HELLDIVERS)
- Honeyslug (Hohokum)
- Queasy Games (Sound Shapes)
- OVOSONICO (Murasaki Baby / VITA-only)
- Marvelous AQL (Soul Sacrifice / VITA-only)
- Shift (Freedom Wars / VITA-only)
- Dimps (Freedom Wars / VITA-only)
- Alfa System (Over My Dead Body 2 / VITA-only)
- On The Metal (BigFest / VITA-only)

So what do you say, guys? Who's doing what? ;-)
We thought "Entwined" could be Media Molecule's game. Seems like it isn't.
"Bloodborne" could be Project Beast/Demon Souls 2
"KILL STRAIN" could be Sony Bend's game.
"Guns Up!" ..... no idea. Maybe a new Ratchet?

Start the guesses ^_^

Kevyt

I can almost see it now. Microsoft announces a bunch of games, new IP's, and Fallout 4 to be X1 exclusive... what does Sony have? Indies and third party stuff??.... Not enough.

They are going to be forced to show teaser trailers of that GG's new RPG, teaser trailers of other games that are still very early in development cycle. They're gonna have to come out with everything they have.

They can't afford to lose momentum now, they gotta continue pushing the PS brand and live up to the expectations they have created.

At least that's I hope Sony would do :(

velociraptor

The fuck will Soony show at E3 then?

No GG
No SSM
No MM

This E3 sounds like it'll be a disaster.

I made this in anticipation of E3 this year. Guess I'll just use it now.

mhik4D9.png

TheKayle

Banned
Uncharted 4 and Project beast? Maybe The Last Guardian
lol
. That is already plenty of new games.

i would love it..but pls if must be the last guardian...they have to show gameplay.....not again a trailer with a "coming soon" (maybe) text around....

would be embarassing cmon

Lunzio

Think of it this way, the titles not at E3 were never coming out in 2014. All I see are people complaining that they don't want to hear about games coming out next year, but rather this year.

Crunching for a non-critical E3 allows the devs to focus more time on the actual game rather than a vertical slice/stage demo/trailer.

While disappointing, it's a reasonable compromise.

Spongebob

Banned
"There is simply a lot of work that we need to do before we show it to our fans."

Regardless of the poster mentioning "before" E3, that doesn't sound like an E3 showing.

KAL2006

Banned
Everyone missed the part that says before E3.

I expect a teaser for Guerilla Games New IP. A Uncharted 4 Gameplay Demo. Project Beasts Trailer and The Last Guardian PS4 re reveal.

DevilFox

They're very good at killing the hype. Maybe they'll all surprise us with their presence, as I find strange that everyone reveal their absence just before the E3, but I'll play safe and I'll just go to sleep rather than watching Sony conference at 3am.

Top Bottom