• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guerrilla: GG's new IP won't be at E3 - not ready to show yet

wapplew

I don't get it. Why spend tons of money to live stream at theaters and have no megatons?
No SSM and Guerilla. :(
Still not loosing hope...coz else they wudn't live stream in theatres and stuff.

They just want to show you Amazing Spiderman 2 and report that as box office.

Spongebob

Banned
So what is left:
- Sony Japan Studio (over 400 people / several teams)
They're working on TLG, Project Beast and assuming it's real, a big JRPG which is probably in it's early stages.

- Sony London Studio (SingStar Team + Project Morpheus Team + another team/Unannounced title)
They're probably working on casual Morpheus games which are quite a ways off.

- Guerrilla Games (Killzone: Shadow Fall Team + Unannounced new IP)
The new IP won't be at E3 :(

- Sony Bend (1 Team / Unannounced new IP)
I could see them being at E3.

- Sony San Diego Studio (MLB The Show Team + Rumored Second team / Unannounced new IP)

Any game they're making is probably a ways off.

- Polyphony Digital (two Studios, in two different towns --> Gran Turismo only, as it seems)
GT7 prologue probably won't be at E3 as to not compete with DriveClub.

Violater

Seems reasonable, we have enough games that were "annouced" last year that we really haven't seen official gameplay for.

Averon

Man, with this and all the delays, it feels like 2014 is very much a transitional year, and the vast majority weren't ready for next-gen releases this year.

I just like to be realistic.If they can't even show a small teaser at this year's E3 what makes you so sure this game will come out next year?

Any publisher can easily make a teaser. Beyond Good & Evil 2, Mirror's Edge, Battlefront, Halo 5... all these were 'teasers' that barely needed the developer's input, because they're all CGi.

When it's on the developer to actually showcase something, it's normally means at least a vertical slice.

Cuyejo

Or what if Sony cancels Playstation 4 if their E3 is no show?

A fat chance, but still, something to think about.

THIS IS JUST IN, CONFIRMED:
Sony won't be at Sony's E3 conference, Spider-Man 3 will be shown instead and looped for the duration of E3.

GET HYPE!

Kevyt

My thoughts exactly.

Considering not going to the movie theatre event just because I don't expect many megatons now...

That's what I'm thinking... I don't think it's worth it to go to the movie theater livestream. But at least it's free and who knows we might be surprised in some form... some game(s) might slip in that we were not expecting that could blow our minds away... believe :(

Salex_

lol what? What the fuck is going on in this thread?

haha. I'm starting to think most of these posts are parodies. I refuse to believe people are actually acting like this.
Sure you just named 2 publishers. Please do also tell me when the Platinum Games, Sega, Capcom, Namco, press conferences are?

He didn't think that far out, like most people who bitch and moan about 3rd party games being at the conference.

People seem to forget that Sony's big E3 title announcement last year was from an independent developer. (RAD)

And that their Gamescom show had 5 PS4 exclusives announced, all from independent developers as well.

First-party having less of a presence doesn't somehow mean there's less exclusives. It only means there's less exclusives from the studios who we know only work on exclusives. ( because they're owned )

This was the last straw, eh?

Lol
What last straw? E3 hype for Sony is just particularly low for me at the moment. considering what a total shit show we had last year in terms of games at E3, I was hoping to have a much better show this year (mostly because it can't get any worse). I still cannot wait for Uncharted, Order & Project Beast.

People seem to forget that Sony's big E3 title announcement last year was from an independent developer. (RAD)
Mostly because it was their only big title that was announced LOL. That trailer would have been completely overun in a great E3, it was fun and looked great but hardly mindbending.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Not unexpected to be honest, is probably a fall 2015 title or spring 2016. Let's allow them to reveal the game when they are ready. E3 is going to be great for Sony, very confident in them, they will still have the best showing.

Hiltz

Yikes. Sony's studios are dropping out of E3 like flies. Either Sony knows something we don't or its kind of full of hot air this year.

EL CUCO

Just give me TLG, new JRPG, Project Beast, Ni no kuni, Agent. I'm happy.

Same here. I was hoping for a Sony studio blow out though being Playstation 20th anniversary and all.

I know they'll deliver in the long run. No worries :)

Hiltz

Remember the year Twisted Metal got announced?
David Jaffe said openly that he wouldn't be at E3

Sure, we get that kind of white lie from time to time. Nintendo producer Kensuke Tanabe did it with Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze when he was asked in March 2011 about the chances of doing a sequel to DKC: Returns, to which he said there were no current plans. Who knows, maybe Sony will finally surprise us with a new trailer and release date for The Last Guardian.

Bundy

Banned
They're working on TLG, Project Beast and assuming it's real, a big JRPG which is probably in it's early stages.
They're just helping From Software out, with Project Beast.
From Software is developing it / is the main team.
TLG seems to be correct. And stop with the JRPG stuff, because you shouldn't believe what some random "insidurrrr" said. Currently, we know nothing more ;)

They're probably working on casual Morpheus games which are quite a ways off.
They 've already said (in the latest EG interview) that they're working on SingStar, Morpheus games and some unannouced stuff.

The new IP won't be at E3 :(
Maybe! The question was "will it be shown BEFORE E3". And GG said "no".

Any game they're making is probably a ways off.
Who knows?! Nobody knows when the development began.

Sure, we get that kind of white lie from time to time. Nintendo producer Kensuke Tanabe did it with Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze when he was asked in March 2011 about the chances of doing a sequel to DKC: Returns, to which he said there were no current plans. Who knows, maybe Sony will finally surprise us with a new trailer and release date for The Last Guardian.

I think it's coming this year. I don't think they would leave Fall open with just Driveclub. They couldn't. They must have something prepared.

Salty Hippo

The BEFORE changes everything.

Why is no one paying attention to this?

Some people prefer to panic than listen to logic.

Isn't it obvious. Most in here welcome potential bad news for Sony.

SMH...

Pay attention to the bolded part:

No, we won't be showing it right now. Simple reason: we are confident enough in the game, but it's not something we can show and expect reasonable feedback. There is simply a lot of work that we need to do before we show it to our fans.

E3 is 5 days away.

siberiantiger79

Neo Member
I for one still think something big is going down at Sony's E3 presser. Whats the GI front cover? 3rd party? Multiplat? Who cares, it will still be a big deal (hopefully). Why the theatre invites? Why would you invite people to watch, what is looking like one of their worst E3's in years, in such a public place? Answer is, you wouldn't. Would you? Maybe I'm a too much of an optimist, but from where Im looking the glass is most definitely still half full.

In MEGATONS I trust :)

PranooY

Halo 5, Halo 2. Forza H2, SO, unannounced secret games and lots of third party exclusive plus indie plus games games games and finally megaton...Phil Spencer:honest face of Xbox the movie the game.
I think that neither is gonna win E3.
The only differentiating factor will be TV and VR, which I don't wish to see at E3. Please god no.....

As usual EA/Ubi is gonna win E3, if Ninty don't bring any big guns.

Halo 5, Halo 2. Forza H2, SO, unannounced secret games and lots of third party exclusive plus indie plus games games games and finally megaton...Phil Spencer:honest face of Xbox the movie the game.

Halo 5 - The Order 1886
Halo 2 - TLoU remastered
Forza H2 - DriveClub
Sunset Overdrive - ?
? - Project Beast

What third party exclusives?
Sony ownes Indie
games games game... you mean TV TV TV?

Cornbread78

And don't forget the mega-load of them all; that secret Gamespot 3rd party exclusive.. Plus add in the Kinectless XB1 SKU unboxing, the white XB1 appearance (driveless or not) it will be awesome, NA can't even get the colored controllers for the PS4...

With Cornbread78's whishful thinking.

LOL, you got me.

Top Bottom