• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guerrilla: GG's new IP won't be at E3 - not ready to show yet

Bundy

Banned
Well that leaves Bend, London, maybe San Diego and Japan Studios (am i forgetting anyone else). The Last Guardian, Uncharted 4 and Project Beast confirmed :p (I wish)

Here you go, buddy:

Ok, so we have the following IP's (what we know):
- Entwined
- Bloodborne
- KILL STRAIN
- Guns Up!

Studios, which we can count out (which are not the devs of the above mentioned IP's):
- Sony Santa Monica Studio (too soon)
- Guerrilla Cambridge / Cambridge Studio (too soon)
- Media Molecule (see Thread)
- Naughty Dog (Uncharted 4 + TLOU: Remastered)
- Sucker Punch (inFAMOUS: Second Son / DLC)
- Foster City Studio (doesn't make own games anymore)
- Sony Online Entertainment (PlanetSide 2, EverQuest Next/Landmark, H1Z1)
- Ready at Dawn (The Order: 1886 only)

So what is left:
- Sony Japan Studio (over 400 people / several teams)
- Sony London Studio (SingStar Team + Project Morpheus Team + another team/Unannounced title)
- Evolution Studios (DRIVECLUB only)
- Guerrilla Games (Killzone: Shadow Fall Team + Unannounced new IP)
- Sony Bend (1 Team / Unannounced new IP)
- Sony San Diego Studio (MLB The Show Team + Rumored Second team / Unannounced new IP)
- Polyphony Digital (two Studios, in two different towns --> Gran Turismo only, as it seems)
- Pixel Opus (new Sony Studio in San Mateo / one team / Unannounced new IP)

Second/Third Party working on SONY IP's:
- From Software (Project: Beast)
- Supermassive Games (Until Dawn)
- Giant Sparrow (Unannounced title)
- Quantic Dream (BEYOND team + Unannounced new IP)
- Clap Hanz (maybe "Everybody's Golf 7" for the PS4)
- The Chinese Room (Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture)
- Novarama Games (Working on an unannounced title / maybe Invizimals for PS4)
- Heavy Spectrum Entertainment Labs (Shadow of the Beast)
- Tequila Works (RIME)
- Housemarque (Resogun DLC + Unannounced title)
- Arrowhead Game Studios (HELLDIVERS)
- Honeyslug (Hohokum)
- Queasy Games (Sound Shapes)
- OVOSONICO (Murasaki Baby / VITA-only)
- Marvelous AQL (Soul Sacrifice / VITA-only)
- Shift (Freedom Wars / VITA-only)
- Dimps (Freedom Wars / VITA-only)
- Alfa System (Over My Dead Body 2 / VITA-only)
- On The Metal (BigFest / VITA-only)

So what do you say, guys? Who's doing what? ;-)
We thought "Entwined" could be Media Molecule's game. Seems like it isn't.
"Bloodborne" could be Project Beast/Demon Souls 2
"KILL STRAIN" could be Sony Bend's game.
"Guns Up!" ..... no idea. Maybe a new Ratchet?

Start the guesses ^_^

Spongebob

Banned
Posting again for this page
The question he was answering was if it would be shown BEFORE E3.

Everyone missed the part that says before E3.

I expect a teaser for Guerilla Games New IP. A Uncharted 4 Gameplay Demo. Project Beasts Trailer and The Last Guardian PS4 re reveal.

"There is simply a lot of work that we need to do before we show it to our fans."

Regardless of the poster mentioning "before" E3, that doesn't sound like an E3 showing.

The question was: "any chance we will get a glimpse into your new IP before e3?

Reading comprehension... What's that about?

iceatcs

My expectations went very deep low. Look like Sony have easy walk to the park again.

But some reasons, Sony show is most looking forward than others because no idea what they have.

TheKayle

Banned
kaz.jpg

:D

Kuro

My hype has completely deflated for Sony's e3. Sounds like barely any exclusives will be shown. Its going to be remake and indie town all the way until 2015. I've been loving the indies so far but c'mon where are all those first party games?

Shin

Banned
Tidux's credibility was never high in any case.

9U9XiQQ.gif

Yeah goes without saying that things "insiders" leak shouldn't be taken too serious.
No loss for me as I don't like their art style or games for that matter (though I'm Dutch myself, their games just doesn't speak to me).

Cornbread78

So in other words, we shouldn't bother watching Sony's E3 conference, because they literally have Project Beast, The Order, 3rd party stuff, TLoU:RM and nothing else to show right now. Oh, I forgot about TLG for PS3... There is nothing to get excited about and nothing to play, it is, truly, the Indiestation4. It's game over man, game fu(king over, Sony is done... The new GPU boost for the XB1 and all the 3rd party money-hats unveiled at E3 will push MS into the front in NA and EU and kill any goodwill PS4 has done so far. PS4 clearly has NO GAMES to show, it's like PS3 all-over again.. Stick a fork in it man, and don't bother watching anything at E3, just go to the cinema to get your free copy of TLoU, and hit up the arcade in the lobby for your fun and excitement for the evening because watching the show will be useless and a waste of your time; Sony really has been silent, because they have nothing to show, no game, no apps, only stability updates for us. Thanks for making me feel like a champion....

You can already see the XB1 fanboys playing Woody's role here, poor Buzz, a.k.a PS4 fans..

MS just won E3 2014 before it started....

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Well that's just being pedantic. The 'before' wording isn't important, they clearly imply it's not in any state to be shown any time soon.
If a dev has a big reveal coming up at E3, I expect them to be as misleading as possible to make it a surprise. I wouldn't be surprised either way. I'm just sayong that the title everyone is reacting to is inaccurate since it's not about E3.

SyaraSystem

Neo Member
So in other words, we shouldn't bother watching Sony's E3 conference, because they literally have Project Beast, The Order, 3rd party stuff, TLoU:RM and nothing else to show right now. There is nothing to get excited about and nothing to play, it is, truly, the Indiestation4. It's game over man, game fu(king over, Sony is done... The new GPU boost for the XB1 and all the 3rd party money-hats unveiled at E3 will push MS into the front in NA and EU and kill any goodwill PS4 has done so far. PS4 clearly has NO GAMES to show, it's like PS3 all-over again.. Stick a fork in it man, and don't bother watching anything at E3, just go to the cinema to get your free copy of TLoU, and hit up the arcade in the lobby for your fun and excitement for the evening because watching the show will be useless and a waste of your time; Sony really has been silent, because they have nothing to show, no game, no apps, on stability updates for us. Thanks for makign me feel like a champion....

You can already see the XB1 fanboys playing Woody's role here, poor Buzz, a.k.a PS4 fans..

h18E1624F

Selling PS4 and committing ritual suicide now.

Sony, you did this to me!

Yeah, I don't expect much from Sony this year because they've had so many releases recently (MM just released a game, Guerrilla just released a game, Polyphony, QD, Sucker Punch, etc) and because of SSM's problems. Hopefully they have some good software to show at e3 2015.

Seriously guys, i'm pretty afraid

The strength of Sony is their first party but if there are not here what left ???

I'm afraid :(

Can't tell if you're being serious or not?

What are some people thinking? They put out a game like 8 months ago, why would anyone think they were anywhere near ready to show off a new game?

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
The point of E3 is to announce and show off games there. While some may leak before, E3 has a date, so most things will be shown on that day. To suggest that there is nothing to be shown is silly.

Salex_

Can someone explain to me why 20+ other people aren't able to see that giant list that was on multiple pages? Is this panic erasing the ability to read?
Ok this means it's probably a 2016 game at the earliest.

....what?

Mr.Fantastic pls.

wapplew

So in other words, we shouldn't bother watching Sony's E3 conference, because they literally have Project Beast, The Order, 3rd party stuff, TLoU:RM and nothing else to show right now. Oh, I forgot about TLG for PS3... There is nothing to get excited about and nothing to play, it is, truly, the Indiestation4. It's game over man, game fu(king over, Sony is done... The new GPU boost for the XB1 and all the 3rd party money-hats unveiled at E3 will push MS into the front in NA and EU and kill any goodwill PS4 has done so far. PS4 clearly has NO GAMES to show, it's like PS3 all-over again.. Stick a fork in it man, and don't bother watching anything at E3, just go to the cinema to get your free copy of TLoU, and hit up the arcade in the lobby for your fun and excitement for the evening because watching the show will be useless and a waste of your time; Sony really has been silent, because they have nothing to show, no game, no apps, on stability updates for us. Thanks for makign me feel like a champion....

And MS not even using the power of the cloud. Imagine when that happen!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09s-c2JVI40

Truthfully it's probably best to have zero expectations.

It's ALWAYS best to have zero expectations.

And it's not right to judge a show before it starts either. The reality is that Sony has shown games extremely early before they are ready, and the fact that some devs don't have to show stuff before they are ready to show then is a sign of confidence,not the other way round.

Raist

Banned
I'm expecting them to show:

Driveclub
The Order
TLoU remake
Destiny
AC: Unity
Uncharted 4
A large bunch of indie games
Some Morpheus stuff
Their new game was likely Project Beast, but that's been leaked.

PranooY

I don't get it. Why spend tons of money to live stream at theaters and have no megatons?
No SSM and Guerilla. :(
Still not loosing hope...coz else they wudn't live stream in theatres and stuff.

Elios83

I actually think Sony will show more at Gamescom than at E3 this year.

They showed more games at Gamescom last year as well.
Btw people should keep their expectations in check.
They have The Order, Uncharted 4, Driveclub, TLOU Remaster 100% confirmed to be showcased at the conference in some form.
Project Beast and The Last Guardian have good chances to be the big surprises of the show (especially the former).
Add to this new trailers and footage from indie games like The Witness, Rime and others.
A couple new remasters might be announced (GOW3+Ascension for example).
If this was the case....what else would you want out of the conference?
You know....their conference will be also about big multiplatform games, those games that actually sell more than their exclusives and are key to hardware sales during the holiday season :D Associating PS4 with Destiny, Assassin's Ceed Unity and other big titles is very important. And I wouldn't mind it if they showed new trailers for MGS5 and FFXV at their conference either, is that a loss of time just because they're not exclusive?
Also the conference will definetly include details about Playstation Now and possible new services and features.
And of course....there's PSVita!!! (LOL).

So well...if you have realistic expectations, it will be a good show, if you're exepecting them to announce 10 new AAA exclusives, probably you'll be disappointed.

Top Bottom