• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guess Atlus USA's next game reveal

fates

A stretch, but it could be "both titles have a polearm" referenced in their titles. Though with Growlanser it's a bit more subtle.

based on the spacing at least it looks like the next clue should be the last one before the reveal

"It's Japanese."

trollin.gif

Asking for it!

On the bright side, I got their fifth clue right. I think the more fun game now will be guessing the clues to come.

Clue #6 will be it's a title Atlus JP released!

Yeah, I thought that that would be the next clue as well. It's the clear choice for yet another "clue" that doesn't actually resolve anything between the two possibilities.

This is even worse than the Namco Bandai Tales teasing we had to suffer.

I don't know about that, that went on for months...

Aexact

This is even worse than the Namco Bandai Tales teasing we had to suffer.

I still couldn't believe it.

The ridiculous reaction people had to it.
It was an oversight of using the wrong colored logo as part of a collage to obscure the actual game they were teasing at and people assumed this meant PS3 Vesperia was also coming over.

Just like this. Two games won't be coming over, people don't announce that they're working on two games at the same time. I presume.

Eusis

Just like this. Two games won't be coming over, people don't announce that they're working on two games at the same time. I presume.
I think there have been cases where multiple were announced at once, if nothing else then at least at E3 (though you kind of expect that). And it seems easier to make a mistake in ONE Photoshop collage versus a series of hints that, if they're giving an impression they don't want to give, can be remedied at a relatively early stage when Growlanser IV (or even Gungnir as the case may be) wasn't a serious candidate. Though it DOES keep people guessing if that's all they really want, plus I have to admit the reactions to one of the two NOT coming would almost be worth it.

Cactus

Banned
It's not Growlanser.

I, for am, am excited about Gugnir, even though I haven't finished Yggdra Union... or Knights in the Knightmare...

eh, I guess Gungnir is not a bad game to bring over. Will be beautiful on the Vita.

Atlas USA have become masterful trolls. I feel sorry for all the Growlanser fans out there.

Atlus, you bunch of jackholes..

Was there some sort of leak that the game will definitely be Gungnir or are these posts just speculation?

cj_iwakura

Sounds pretty faithful for someone who wrote this. What will you do if they end up releasing Growlanser?

To be fair, I was not in a pleasant mood at the time. I won't go into details, but a certain comment spurned that reaction out of me.

And I'll buy it on Day 1, just like I did Generations and Heritage of War.

androvsky

Are there any Japanese games that Atlus has announced for the U.S. but hasn't released yet? Seems like there's plenty of room for multiple games. If we want to play insane optimist, one could assume they're teasing two games to get extra attention for a surprise third. :)

tokkun

Doesn't dragging it out like this kind of indicate they they're localizing both games? It's pretty easy to see how they would come up with this marketing idea when they realized the similarities.

Personally I don't care about either game, so I'm not saying that out of optimism or anything. Just seems like it would be awfully stupid to stir up your fans like this and guarantee some of them are disappointed by only releasing one of the games.

cj_iwakura

For what it's worth(and I'll do my best to make sure this doesn't turn into another Sakura Wars V bomb), Growlanser IV is supposedly amazing, and you should be very excited.

Eusis

Actually, I realized a simpler reason for why it could be two games: it's Christmas time. Announcing two games that most of us gave up hope on at once less than a week before the holiday hits seems like an appropriate gift. And maybe PSN sale if we're lucky.

tokkun

Actually, I realized a simpler reason for why it could be two games: it's Christmas time. Announcing two games that most of us gave up hope on at once less than a week before the holiday hits seems like an appropriate gift. And maybe PSN sale if we're lucky.

Exactly. "Merry Christmas, we're localizing both games".

Are there any Japanese games that Atlus has announced for the U.S. but hasn't released yet? Seems like there's plenty of room for multiple games. If we want to play insane optimist, one could assume they're teasing two games to get extra attention for a surprise third. :)

Nora and the Time Studio, please!

But considering a month ago I had ruled out Atlus USA releasing another PSP game after Persona 2 IS, I'll be happy with whatever this ends up being.

Aeana

Growlanser 1 and 4 are essential games for any fan of Japanese RPGs. In my opinion, you don't even have to be particularly big on strategy RPGs to enjoy them due to the out-of-battle freedom you're afforded, including the standard RPG town/dungeon/field exploration.

Top Bottom