• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 has sold over 3 million copies since August, 2013 content plans outlined

hythloday

No trial right now. they had a "refer a friend for a free weekend" thing for the "Lost Shores" patch, but nothing ongoing. Mayhaps they'll do another one someday.

Syril

Having played GW2 with the "combat mode" AutoHotkey script that adds a crosshair, enables mouselook all the time, and allows skills to be bound to mouse buttons, it would be distrubingly easy for ArenaNet to make this a built-in feature and bridge that gap to action combat. It works so well that I almost wonder if this was originally planned for GW2 and taken out later on.

I'm going to have to try that sometime, right now I'm just using a really simple AutoHotkey script that I made myself to get a mouselook thing going. At the time, I was nervous about using the combat mode because people were asking about it in the forums, and ArenaNet people were giving mixed messages about whether it counted as "third-party modification of the game".

Orayn

I'm going to have to try that sometime, right now I'm just using a really simple AutoHotkey script that I made myself to get a mouselook thing going. At the time, I was nervous about using the combat mode because people were asking about it in the forums, and ArenaNet people were giving mixed messages about whether it counted as "third-party modification of the game".

It's technically against their policy but only for very, very petty reasons and they have no way of detecting it as far as I know. Doesn't touch any game files, in-memory or out.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Why do people keep posting that they "wish they improve this thing or the other", when the link in the original post downright states that they are improving all/ most of that?

Dungeon's and pve's bosses, reward systems, events, guilds, casual and competitive pvp and world versus world are all supposed to get big improvements this year (or so they say).

For pvp, we're getting custom servers, observer mode, matchmaking, leaderboards and revamped rewards.

For pve, bosses are being completely revamped, new instanced content is being created for guild group play, guilds will be able to create(?) some kind of events in the world where everyone can join, and achievements will now also be a source of loot and a mechanism to make sure people are willing to explore every corner in the world and do every single thing. There'll be more dynamic events formore diversity, and they'll probably be better scaled.

Pretty bored with it tbh. I got to level 50 and then stopped completely. Lost all motivation to play. Nothing really bringing me back.

I suffered even more since I had difficulty choosing a main race or profession so I constantly played the same thing over and over again while I levelled up my alts. I've never gone past level 42 or something, yet people seem to hit 80 in a single week. Also, I play videogames mostly for story or roleplaying/character customization (I don't give a single fuck about combat/skill), and those are mediocre in GW2.

I didn't expect to drop this game as quickly as I did with Diablo 3 (I barely even remembered I had those games), yet...

For pvp, we're getting custom servers, observer mode, matchmaking, leaderboards and revamped rewards.
Okay, but that does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to address the core gameplay, which suffers from one of the worst metagames I've ever seen in an MMO, plus the fact (yes, FACT) that their game mode is a really poor implementation of the control point game mode.

It's especially jarring after all the praise the original Guild Wars got for its PvP. Like they took one step forward and then a giant leap back.

JLeack

Banned
I was hooked to this game for the first month. However, my addiction quickly faded once I got into the final two zones. They are very poorly designed, in my opinion.

Top Bottom