• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Eh if you're dipping in for just the dailies and calling it, you might not get that much. For the pips, you need to first get to level 3 of participation (which is like something around a few camps worth maybe), and then keep it up (decaying will start in roughly ten mins if you go afk/not get any wxp for that length of time), which you will get a certain amount of pips every 5 mins.

yeah I can maintain the participation frequently in wvw

and when I go out I tend to let my participation go out first

Massicot

I'm lttp on this, but lol, salvage all seems to be bugged if you go above a certain item limit.

RrBJ3sZ.jpg

Remember when we had to salvage things one by one? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Vestal

Gold Member
I'm lttp on this, but lol, salvage all seems to be bugged if you go above a certain item limit.

RrBJ3sZ.jpg

Remember when we had to salvage things one by one? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

SON OF A BITCH!!! I have been back playing for about 2 months now and I DID NOT KNOW OF THIS!!!! I probably have irreversible carpel tunnel by now!

THANK YOU THOUGH!!!
wIn9plR.gif

Vena

This being my first "new legendary" crafting with Eureka, these new recipe additions are huge money sinks. Bolt was a lot cheaper, haha.

Massicot

SON OF A BITCH!!! I have been back playing for about 2 months now and I DID NOT KNOW OF THIS!!!! I probably have irreversible carpel tunnel by now!

THANK YOU THOUGH!!!
wIn9plR.gif

haha, youre welcome! One of the best QoL changes they've made in the life of the game. Hopefully they'll bug sort the little issue soon.

Goldrush

Now that there is a sizable WvW population, I have finally find a chance to play an active Desert Borderland. However, tags just seems to be teleporting everywhere. Any tips on traversing and the general ebb and flow of the Desert?

Son of a...I totally forgot to try the salvage all when I came back to catch up on Living Story. Hopefully I remember when the last episode comes out haha I already finished them all and cleared all the zones. The last one did indeed have an interesting layout and look to it. I'm glad it wasn't just all black and volcano-ish for being in the RoF. This last one hit in May, right? So we should expect the final episode in August? or September?

THANK YOU THOUGH!!!
wIn9plR.gif

My friend bitches(lol) GW2 gave him carpel tunnel since we been playing since Early release...

I remember having to hold on to stacks of Essence refine them so i didn't have to click so much, game has made some great improvements for my hand..

Boss Doggie

So I wonder how the expansion is gonna be "sold".

I know they said that they'll have a "one price" deal, that if you buy an expansion you'll get all previous ones. But how will it affect us? If we have HoT we won't need to buy it? I doubt that.

Quenk

So I wonder how the expansion is gonna be "sold".

I know they said that they'll have a "one price" deal, that if you buy an expansion you'll get all previous ones. But how will it affect us? If we have HoT we won't need to buy it? I doubt that.

This is my understanding of what they said:
"Previous ones". You'll have to buy the new expansion. If a new player buys the expansion, they'll get the base game and HoT included. They might do something like last time where they gave a free character slot to people that owned the game before.

Boss Doggie

"Previous ones". You'll have to buy the new expansion. If a new player buys the expansion, they'll get the base game and HoT included. They might do something like last time where they gave a free character slot to people that owned the game before.

RIP old players

Anet really loves timegate, the Legendary Back Piece is locked behind a timegate, Skirmish tickets are capped at 175/week, if you have rank 50 just start tier one you need 350 skirmish tickets, no one is starting new Legendary BP until next week... it takes 14 weeks to complete..

Boss Doggie

Is this what you mean?

both :p

Anet really loves timegate, the Legendary Back Piece is locked behind a timegate, Skirmish tickets are capped at 175/week, if you have rank 50 just start tier one you need 350 skirmish tickets, no one is starting new Legendary BP until next week... it takes 14 weeks to complete..

man, the druid backpiece should have been a hint to us

Max Skirmish ticket/hour is 12, takes 14.5 hours to get 175 tickets...

PIps don't start until Tier 3 so it's more than 14.5 hours.

Grind Wars 2:Timegate Expansion..

Mxrz

Probably like other games.

XP2 hits, HoT/Base game become F2P/limited. XP2 includes base & HoT. Its not a rip off. You're paying for experiencing a new game. But even then, most 2-3 year old games are dirt cheap on pc anyway.

I started playing at 4k with super sample on. Pretty, but noticed some quirkiness with dyes. There is a lot of detail on some of the outfit textures that I never noticed before.

Boss Doggie

Probably like other games.

XP2 hits, HoT/Base game become F2P/limited. XP2 includes base & HoT. Its not a rip off. You're paying for experiencing a new game. But even then, most 2-3 year old games are dirt cheap on pc anyway.

I started playing at 4k with super sample on. Pretty, but noticed some quirkiness with dyes. There is a lot of detail on some of the outfit textures that I never noticed before.

nah HoT won't be "free", instead it'd be part of the new expac.

I really wish they copy how TESO did it. Sell base which includes expac, but also have a standalone version which is cheaper.

Dizzy-4U

Sorry for the noob question but what is the best thing to do with the exotic gear that you don't use anymore? Salvage? Or is there another use for them?

Massicot

Sorry for the noob question but what is the best thing to do with the exotic gear that you don't use anymore? Salvage? Or is there another use for them?

Yea, since it's bound there's not a lot else you can do with it. Just hold onto some Black Lion Salvage kits to retrieve runes and sigils you want to keep.

If you can't salvage, through a few into the Mystic Forge (with a mystic forge stone to take a slot), with exotic gear you can sometimes get something really nice back.

Max Skirmish ticket/hour is 12, takes 14.5 hours to get 175 tickets...

PIps don't start until Tier 3 so it's more than 14.5 hours.

Grind Wars 2:Timegate Expansion..

Someone did the math and iirc it would take 110 weeks of maxing out the Pips to get absolutely everything (I'm not sure how it behaves once you get through the last chest though). A pretty huge grind, yes, but at least a long-term carrot for the mode.

Wasn't that how everquest worked? That is, if you bought the latest expansion, you had all the previous content as well.

Dizzy-4U

Yea, since it's bound there's not a lot else you can do with it. Just hold onto some Black Lion Salvage kits to retrieve runes and sigils you want to keep.

If you can't salvage, through a few into the Mystic Forge (with a mystic forge stone to take a slot), with exotic gear you can sometimes get something really nice back.
Neat, thanks for the info.

Kalentan

The new Xpac is probably years off knowing this lot.

Isn't the X-Pac getting announced after Episode 6 of Season 3?

Plus considering we got Heart of Thorns the same year it was released (granted announced way earlier than X-Pac 2 will be), I imagine we will get the Expansion Early 2018.

The next episode of season 3 will be the last, the events of that episode will lead to the new Expansion, rumors been flying around for end of 2017 expansion, also many leaks showing new map and new specs...while i think 2017 is unrealistic, 2 quarter 2018 with beta testing starting at the end of this year is very much a reality..

Auraela

Banned
Starting to find heart of thorns map boring getting around them is tedious just gotten to auric basin.

Can i skip hot and jump into season 3 ? Cos these maps are really making me wanna stop playing

Sonicbug

Starting to find heart of thorns map boring getting around them is tedious just gotten to auric basin.

Can i skip hot and jump into season 3 ? Cos these maps are really making me wanna stop playing

I don't see why not except for spoiling parts of the story for yourself. Although many of those maps make use of HoT movement masteries, but you can level those on the new maps.

So what's the best way to make gold now? I'm trying to save up for the upcoming expansion.

Edit: Do the tips in the guide on the first page still work best?

Wanderer5

Does anyone else have the White Mantle Greatbow? Got it recently, and I just notice that it has the draw sound effect that Matthias' Staff and the Bloodstone set have lol. Think it is a bug, since the other White Mantle weapons I have, two of which have a bloodstone, don't have it.

Massicot

So what's the best way to make gold now? I'm trying to save up for the upcoming expansion.

Edit: Do the tips in the guide on the first page still work best?

I'll try to answer this even though I'm pretty inefficient with money/gold.

Dungeons are still an okay source of income, but only if you get into a really good speed-clearing group. I would personally rather do fractals, specifically T4 dailies. You'll end up getting a decent amount of gold just from the boxes and potentially a little more if you sell your agony infusions/matrices. Also good for getting ascended gear that you would otherwise have to spend gold crafting. They are also just fun imo.

I also get a decent amount of gold just refining and selling mid-tier common materials, like seasoned planks and iron ingots. You'll get some of these materials naturally from salvage items in the new ls3 maps (leather mostly) and others from opening most gear and champ bags on lower level characters.

see
http://silverwastes.loltools.net/index.html
or
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3yz2bf/making_the_most_out_of_bags_of_gear/

Every couple months I dump out my mid-tier materials for decent gold. Some people will prefer to go a step further and refine into the T7 mats but for my personal preference I don't like having the daily timegate on a component of that and I prefer the sale velocity of the refined materials as is, or maybe I'm just lazy.

Silverwastes is the most common thing people use to get champ bags quickly, using a RIBA rotation (Red fort, Indigo, Blue, Amber), but it will potentially test your sanity, just a heads up.

Some people will park alternate characters at rich nodes or at map chests with a chance of stuff like silver doubloons...I've never gotten into parking people anywhere (except the T5 wood farm in Malchors). You can make decent money I bet gathering from mid-level map trees and ore nodes, but it's never been something I care to do so idk much about that.

Another thing I do for money is that I visit the https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pact_Supply_Network_Agent and grab the Mapping Material item which I then use on either week 2 or 5. Obviously, it's a daily chore that is a long game, but it's nice to get a stack+ of T6 blood for "free" every other month.

Always salvage rare items with a mystic kit or equivalent. Even if you're not selling the ectos, you're not buying them.

Lastly from what I can think of is conversion of other wallet currencies. gw2efficiency is your friend here. It basically tells you which dungeon gear you should salvage if you want to dump tokens etc. Some of these are simple, like converting badges of honor into badges of tribute to sell, others involve mystic forge promotion or such, which I personally kinda loathe because I hate repeated use of the forge, but I guess it depends on the person. Laurels into heavy crafting bags (sell the t6 mats) is another easy one.

Btw, never do instant sell on stuff going to the Trading Post. List it, undercut if you have to. It will sell eventually and it's basically giving up free gold to not do that.

Auraela

Banned
Whats this i hear about marauders is better on Armour than berserker how do you get it ?

Also i decided to stay on with hot and that last boss was great fun the music is awesome too

Massicot

Whats this i hear about marauders is better on Armour than berserker how do you get it ?

Also i decided to stay on with hot and that last boss was great fun the music is awesome too

Pretty sure you have to craft Marauders. I personally wouldn't, but it depends on what you're doing. It basically swaps out something like 10% dps for 5k hp.

Auraela

Banned
Pretty sure you have to craft Marauders. I personally wouldn't, but it depends on what you're doing. It basically swaps out something like 10% dps for 5k hp.

Ah thats fair. Im also using the 7% crit sigil over tue night time damage bonus. Im on 68% crit now is that bad

Tech-Wolf

Does anyone else have the White Mantle Greatbow? Got it recently, and I just notice that it has the draw sound effect that Matthias' Staff and the Bloodstone set have lol. Think it is a bug, since the other White Mantle weapons I have, two of which have a bloodstone, don't have it.

Bunch of other White mantle weapon added from wing 3 has that sound effect, I know the shield or sword has it. Same thing for the longbow and Xera scepter.

Better, not really in term of dps. You lose around 5% if I remember for around 5k health (going full marauder that is) It is more for survibility.

Edit : rip, Massicot already replied.
damn you and me trying to post to get out of Junior Jail.

I'll try to answer this even though I'm pretty inefficient with money/gold.

Dungeons are still an okay source of income, but only if you get into a really good speed-clearing group. I would personally rather do fractals, specifically T4 dailies. You'll end up getting a decent amount of gold just from the boxes and potentially a little more if you sell your agony infusions/matrices. Also good for getting ascended gear that you would otherwise have to spend gold crafting. They are also just fun imo.

I also get a decent amount of gold just refining and selling mid-tier common materials, like seasoned planks and iron ingots. You'll get some of these materials naturally from salvage items in the new ls3 maps (leather mostly) and others from opening most gear and champ bags on lower level characters.

see
http://silverwastes.loltools.net/index.html
or
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3yz2bf/making_the_most_out_of_bags_of_gear/

Every couple months I dump out my mid-tier materials for decent gold. Some people will prefer to go a step further and refine into the T7 mats but for my personal preference I don't like having the daily timegate on a component of that and I prefer the sale velocity of the refined materials as is, or maybe I'm just lazy.

Silverwastes is the most common thing people use to get champ bags quickly, using a RIBA rotation (Red fort, Indigo, Blue, Amber), but it will potentially test your sanity, just a heads up.

Some people will park alternate characters at rich nodes or at map chests with a chance of stuff like silver doubloons...I've never gotten into parking people anywhere (except the T5 wood farm in Malchors). You can make decent money I bet gathering from mid-level map trees and ore nodes, but it's never been something I care to do so idk much about that.

Another thing I do for money is that I visit the https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pact_Supply_Network_Agent and grab the Mapping Material item which I then use on either week 2 or 5. Obviously, it's a daily chore that is a long game, but it's nice to get a stack+ of T6 blood for "free" every other month.

Always salvage rare items with a mystic kit or equivalent. Even if you're not selling the ectos, you're not buying them.

Lastly from what I can think of is conversion of other wallet currencies. gw2efficiency is your friend here. It basically tells you which dungeon gear you should salvage if you want to dump tokens etc. Some of these are simple, like converting badges of honor into badges of tribute to sell, others involve mystic forge promotion or such, which I personally kinda loathe because I hate repeated use of the forge, but I guess it depends on the person. Laurels into heavy crafting bags (sell the t6 mats) is another easy one.

Btw, never do instant sell on stuff going to the Trading Post. List it, undercut if you have to. It will sell eventually and it's basically giving up free gold to not do that.

Oh great. Thanks!

Massicot

The new pvp lobby is pretty cool.
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/910qbEy.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/JjeIRM9.png[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/ThrOpwM.png[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/KxnWi6w.png[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7HV3tNG.jpg[/img]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom