• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 - Heart of Thorns |OT| Welcome to the Jungle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vena

My impression is guardians are one of the big winners here

Well, not quite.

If you ran guardian as nothing more than a loot stick, then you are going to have a bad time (also Frags is no longer unblockable, which was also for farming). If you ran guardian to run guardian... well, you now have three new Utility Skills that may as well not have existed before.

Ashodin

holy fuck STAFF BUFFS YESSSSSSSSS

Also I can make a build that doesn't require Dragonhunter and feels GREAT

the new retal stuff is insane

th3dude

Where can I read up on 'builds' and whatnot?

Coming back for the first time since pre-HoT and the whole build/trait/mastery system is quite overwhelming.

Well, not quite.

If you ran guardian as nothing more than a loot stick, then you are going to have a bad time (also Frags is no longer unblockable, which was also for farming). If you ran guardian to run guardian... well, you now have three new Utility Skills that may as well not have existed before.
I don't think the former is anything to complain about, personally, but I know people like their ez loots
Where can I read up on 'builds' and whatnot?

Coming back for the first time since pre-HoT and the whole build/trait/mastery system is quite overwhelming.
https://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki
http://qtfy.eu/

For open world stuff, just experiment, you'll familiarize yourself with how the systems work, learn your class a bit better, and it won't really matter too much unless you're trying to solo champs/legends or similar.

SourBear

Banned
Some of the Necro changes look good.
Signet passives now work in shroud for example.

I'm interested to hear from Revenants how they feel about their changes. It doesn't look like much but I don't currently play one so I wouldn't really know what is significant.

Vena

Nah, the charge system makes them incredibly useful!

Not arguing use (well Shield is fairly bad, its too low damage and does too little and the actual shield has had a major nerf in duration). For damage, only Sword is really good.

Hammer is great for PvP (traps are better for bar breaking due to the slow), and Bow... ???.

Sword on top of Procession is fairly amazing, though.

Vena

I could maybe see power guards slotting sword summon beside bane signet and blender trap.

Ya that's what I am seeing from some tests, its a question of the damage gained vs. the loss of the protection spam or some other utility.

Edit: Especially considering the zerker health pool of a guardian... oof.

Ashodin

Not arguing use (well Shield is fairly bad, its too low damage and does too little and the actual shield has had a major nerf in duration). For damage, only Sword is really good.

Hammer is great for PvP (traps are better for bar breaking due to the slow), and Bow... ???.

Sword on top of Procession is fairly amazing, though.

The Bow has given me some really good spot heals, especially when combined with Staff.

Then again the build I'm using is totally unique haha\

I'm also dabbling around with a signet build too now that they changed the elite.

I could maybe see power guards slotting sword summon beside bane signet and blender trap.

Guardians weilding Foefire's Essence, summoning an independent version of Foefire's Essense that attacks on it's own, while leading them into a trap which triggers Three Foefire's Essense to blend their enemies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Spirit Sword seems pretty op, it's pretty easy to stack 25 vulnerabilities now with it.

Ashodin

Spirit Sword seems pretty op, it's pretty easy to stack 25 vulnerabilities now with it.

Absolutely. I just totally wreck shit with it now. I'm loving the Bow for Light Field + Heal over time. My survivability in PVE shot through the roof.

Ashodin

new build, kills the map completion in LA PoF rewards

Problem is that it has a really long cast, small area, and if the enemy moves it does nothing, lol.

Cripple? Immobilize? We can do these things :)

Wanderer5

So these popped up.

gw2-mini-blue-catmander-2_thumb.jpg

gw2-min-yellow-catmander-2_thumb.jpg

You can actually get them now, and not just them, but the actual catmander tag itself. You need to go to the cat room in the Alpine Borderlands JP for them.

150g for the tag (with all of the colors that the regular has) if you have the regular tag already, or 300g if you don't. The two minis are 100 wvw tickets a piece, and each cat room between the two borderlands has one of them. I probably pass on the minis for now, to keep saving up for the backpiece.

Massicot

The Ley mini that you get for doing the Side Story "Conservation of Magic" is actually pretty cool. It leaves a neat little energy trail.

DGwfjG4VYAEfpJM.jpg

Ashodin

The Ley mini that you get for doing the Side Story "Conservation of Magic" is actually pretty cool. It leaves a neat little energy trail.

DGwfjG4VYAEfpJM.jpg

OK gotta do these. Lots to do ahhhhhhhhh

Working on Astralaria and also trying to get all the Auric weapons for the Luminate Backpiece.

Invited, goat

Wanderer5

If you want the blue catmander mini, go to the cat room in either Alpine Borderlands. You get the yellow one in the quaggan room in Desert Borderland. You can get the tag from any of them.

You might also want to bring a spare gift of battle if you have any to have these cats in your home instance.:3

Edit: Sounds like the yellow cat wants something else than the Gift of Battle.

Wanderer5

i55suIW.jpg

Also, heh, a friend of mine been porting people into the cat room for a hour and a half or so, and she got 70g so far from tips.

Hellers

Is anyone else still having issues connecting from Europe? I can get to character select but trying to login with any character gives a network error.

*Edit* Never mind. Cleared up while I was having breakfast.

I suspect the bulk of the patch was prep for the preview weekend.

Wanderer5

The yellow cat wants the Can of Spicy Meat Chili from the WvW Permanent Portable Provisioner.

Trying to find mine in the home instance, but might need to have both cats.

jmartoine

Yesterday's patch was for this weekend's trial but they have added in a load of balance changed to prepare for Path of Fire as well.

Stuart444

Thinking of coming back to this game.

Would I have enough time to finish all the new stuff plus the Heart of Thorns stuff?

I stopped a long while before it came out.

Yeah, I'd say so. Plenty of people here to help as well if you need it :) You'd have to buy the Living World stuff you don't have of course but besides that, a month should be enough time yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom