• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT2| Funding An MMO Entirely On Quaggan Backpacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Oh, so the first phase is just simple little tasks for the refugees, no big battles, eh? Makes sense. How long did it take to get the achievement?

Like 15 minutes. Not enough refugee things on the map to complete on one character so you'll have to switch to another.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Is it exclusive to Wayfarer refugees? I only have one character :| Hopefully it counts Diessa refugees too.

There aren't any Diessa refugees. Nothing's happening there so far. You could just guest on another server and do it. That should work.

Ah, good point, Hawkian.

Too bad you can't guest for WvW. Could really use a group of people to help clear the area of poi's and such. This is where it would be handy to be a thief with invisibility skills haha If only there was some universal skill or sign I could do for enemy servers that signify I'm just clearing the zone and have no intention of fighting.

Lulubop

Meh, not a lot has changed in terms of dungeon rewards and what not. Still sorta on break, unless anyone would like to run Frac 20/21!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Just in case you weren't clear lulu, you don't need people to be at your Fractal level anymore (although I would not recommend the Katoki approach because that sounds awful).

Levyne

Banned
Just in case you weren't clear lulu, you don't need people to be at your Fractal level anymore (although I would not recommend the Katoki approach because that sounds awful).

It actually went fine outside of the Dredge fractal, we fairly easily did Cliffside and Grawl Shaman one.

Well, the archdiviner was reflected into a cage where he was invulnerable for 5 minutes.

Katoki

It actually went fine outside of the Dredge fractal, we easily did Cliffside and Grawl Shaman one.

Well, the archdiviner was reflected into a cage where he was invulnerable for 5 minutes.

Yes, what he said. It wasn't particularly bad until you hit dredge army and the agony inducing ground pounding attack that goes so quickly for longer than a person can dodge for.

I think that point is an AR check because you'd have to anticipate in advance to be able to time the lull between your first and second dodge to that brief moment when it's not hitting the ground sending the shock wave. But even then, I'm not sure if the already outgoing wave is staggered from the ground hits or if it is exactly on mark with it.

Katoki

What about the Maw? I mean that is an outright AR check, were some of you just able to res the rest?

That's what happened, yes. I recall from 50% hp to that 10% mark I didn't get hit by agony though so I don't know. Running back to boss from death when there was a lull in combat I'd always get hit by agony right before I got to the group so the focus was just to drop dead without falling into the pit mid-jump.

Levyne

Banned
I'm near certain that Maw only applies agony when the first two tents are killed and when the last colossus goes down. And I guess whenever re-entering the arena. Basically between his phases.

New dailies are interesting and less grindy. The enemy variety is still confusing though.

New dailies are crap and takes longer, the old dailies was never grind, 20mins max i was done, it took me 20mins to revive 3 people, i decide to join a CoF group to get my revives, the new dailies are fucking shit...

Levyne

Banned
New dailies are crap and takes longer, the old dailies was never grind, 20mins max i was done, it took me 20mins to revive 3 people, i decide to join a CoF group to get my revives, the new dailies are fucking shit...

NPCs work for revives, there are dead npcs all over the place.

Retro

New dailies are cool and more fun, the old dailies always same, 20mins max but i was not having fun, it took me 20sec to realize it is 3x better, i dont know what they will be from day to day to get them done, the new dailies are the fucking shit...

Heads up everyone with AMD cards. There's a new catalyst beta driver available that "greatly improves GW2 performance".

I don't trust Beta Drivers (last time I installed them, the color settings on my PC changed and everything was pink), but this did remind me to update mine, which were quite outdated. Considering the version I'm installing now is 13.1 and the beta you linked was 13.2, hopefully there's some improvement overall. Not that my performance was bad to begin with but... thanks.

One solution is to go to sPvP, where you have the full complement of skills and traits automatically available. You can test things out there if you're not afraid to get stomped. ;)
Thanks, but I'm afraid of getting stomped :[
Not sure how much I can learn if everyone runs the stomp-train on me.

In the Heart of the Mists you can test out a fully geared level 80 version of your class with any weapon, skill and trait combination to your heart's content against various training dummies. Try making a new character and going right there to see how you feel and maybe it'll help you decide on a class. :) If you don't have the desire to level more than one character in the first place, I definitely recommend trying this before you get too deep into the game with a class you don't think you like. You can of course participate in full PvP with this "instant max" character.

The thing is, leveling your character is how you get acquanited both with the core mechanics of the game, the unique mechanics of your class, and the specific mechanics of the build you want to run. Each class has a different curve. I'm not surprised that you had an odd experience with a mesmer around level 15, as they have a quite steep learning curve and the early game before you get some functional traits is brutal. However, they wind up being (in my humble opinion) one of the most powerful, versatile classes in the game.

edit: Btw, I looked back, maybe you ought to give scepter/dagger a shot with your ele? I like it a lot though it's a less common set. You get access to a bunch of the cool dagger skills including Ride the Lightning and some great fields, without needing to get as close in basically melee range to do damage.
Thanks for the info!
Gonna try that out. I really do see the potential in Mesmer and Ele being something I could really get into. Eng is ... kinda strange as I thought that the pistol skills would be a bit more interesting ... but like I said, I DO like being able to take hits. She has only gone down like twice so far.

Retro

New dailies? Between that and the AMD beta drivers (and finishing Sleeping Dogs, which I was obsessed with), I'll have to give this a look tonight. I am not looking forward to see how big my update will be...

Start it now before you want to play, that way it'll be done.

jediyoshi

Just logged in for the first time in months to see my account's been terminated for something with gold and real money. Yay

Probably should've investigated once I saw a bunch of failed log in attempts coming in from Japan.

etiolate

Banned
Just logged in for the first time in months to see my account's been terminated for something with gold and real money. Yay

Probably should've investigated once I saw a bunch of failed log in attempts coming in from Japan.

Yeaah. You can submit a ticket saying you were hacked.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
New dailies? Between that and the AMD beta drivers (and finishing Sleeping Dogs, which I was obsessed with), I'll have to give this a look tonight. I am not looking forward to see how big my update will be...
Laurels be very promising indeed. There's some refugees to help out in Wayfarer Foothills too (the start of a new world event). I'm grabbing those drivers now, sounds too good to be true.

edit: Huh. If I ever give DmC a shot I'll have no way to compare (50% improved performance o.o)

edit again:
j0FUS6QsWNqwK.png

Holy shit. Props to the AMD server backbone :O

I still haven't started Sleeping Dogs (lol backlog lol) but it's on my list. Looks like funnnn stuff.

Yeeeeesh. How long ago were those login attempts?

Sleeping Dogs is amazing. I loved it and I'm not really a fan of the "GTA" sandbox style games. You're in for a treat when you get to that Hawkian.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I love sandboxes unabashedly, but I always get distracted by the ability to fuck around indefinitely and it takes me like 1 year + the campaign length to complete one :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Drivers are... great. Performance a little closer to fullscren when in fullscreen windowed. Thanks for the tip man!

Scum

I can't decide between crafting Rampager's gear or Carrion gear for my Staff-Condition inducing Mesmer. Or maybe, I should have both...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think Carrion's the typical choice, rampager's or a split could be good too. I think I'll probably get a rampager's ascended amulet for mine if there is one.

Scum

I think Carrion's the typical choice, rampager's or a split could be good too. I think I'll probably get a rampager's ascended amulet for mine if there is one.

I thought as much. I'll make sure to have a few sets for different encounters though, just like in GW1. Cheers. :D

I use rampager's but I'm kind of insane that way. Staff dps on its own is pretty poor. It's really more about movement and control. You should select your DPS weapon and synergize with that. Both greatsword and sword/pistol work ridiculously well with sharper images (15 dueling), high precision and high condition damage. Rampager's will give you an edge in this arena at the expense of some survivability. Possibly look into rabid gear if you want to be able to take a hit or two?

Still bugs need to be worked out with the new Dailies, for the Vet Slayer my friend was getting credit for it with all the other people in CS, but i had to solo 5 of them to get credit..

Proven

Still bugs need to be worked out with the new Dailies, for the Vet Slayer my friend was getting credit for it with all the other people in CS, but i had to solo 5 of them to get credit..

Weird. It seems to work flawlessly in WvW; all the NPCs at sentries/camps/towers/keeps count at Vets.

And as someone else said, use NPCs for the revives. Just about every zone has an area with NPCs that need rescuing.

As for Flame and Frost, if it wasn't for the Flame, I'd guess that the situation is related to Jormag. I haven't actually done any of the volunteer events yet, so I'll interview some of the refugees then and come up with a conclusion.

Based on my impression it has to do w/
Weather since the memento ppl just talk about the weather

Right now I'm trying to find gear to work towards but I have a hard time figuring out what three stats correspond to each name (knight, carrion, etc). Also I don't have a place that lists armor by the collection of stats (name) and not just each stat separately.

Forkball

Anyone have a handy dandy guide on what is changed? I still don't even have ascended gear...

[edit] Found changelog. So Fractals are now that anyone can get together no matter the level, but everyone still gets their level drops? That. Is. Awesome.

Fishious

Based on my impression it has to do w/
Weather since the memento ppl just talk about the weather

Right now I'm trying to find gear to work towards but I have a hard time figuring out what three stats correspond to each name (knight, carrion, etc). Also I don't have a place that lists armor by the collection of stats (name) and not just each stat separately.

Use this for armor
Use this for weapons

Those won't give you any specific numbers, but they will tell you what attributes each gives and whether they're major or minor.

Forkball

So I talked to some heralds and got an achievement and lit some fires etc. I saw a post on reddit that said everything isn't going to be revealed, but I'm not quite sure what I should be doing with the new content. Also, how do you get laurels?

SirKhalid

So I talked to some heralds and got an achievement and lit some fires etc. I saw a post on reddit that said everything isn't going to be revealed, but I'm not quite sure what I should be doing with the new content. Also, how do you get laurels?
By doing daily and monthly.

Retro

Just an FYI, the mumble server appears to be down and will probably need to be reset, Ferny was just made aware of it. I'll edit this post to let you guys know when it's up.

Mumble server appears to be back up for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom