• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear 2 Announced for Xbox 360 (3D, RTS elements)

Uncle AJ

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161381

Arc System Works has announced Guilty Gear 2 Overture for Xbox 360 according to the latest issue of Japanese publication Weekly Famitsu.

Unlike the previous installments which were 2D fighting games, the sequel will be a mix of real-time strategy and 3D fighting game. Players will select characters - such as Sol Badguy, Sin, among others - referred to as "Masters" in this game. You will also have units to move around and give commands on the field map in RTS-like fashion. When in contact with enemy units, the battle then becomes more synonymous to a 3D fighting game.

Guilty Gear 2 Overture is currently 80% complete, but no release date has yet been announced.

The RTS stuff sounds remarkably similar to Soul Calibur 3's Chronicles of the Sword mode.

3D? Is Guilty Gear getting Street Fighter EX'd?

Grecco

Wheres the DO NOT WANT gif?

Guilty Gear 3D sounds awfull. Samurai Shodwon 64 awfull. Sounds kinda like Guilty Gear Meets N3

New 360 game?

I'll take it!

And not that I care but I'm sure another Guilty Gear Update with online play will be announced for the 360 at some time or another. Yep I pulled that straight out of my ass but hey oh well.

I-No/Bridget/Slayer playable or the internet dies btw. :(

Why does it have to 3D? I love this series probably my favorite fighting series ever but it has no business being 3D. *Beats head against wall*

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Why does it have to 3D? I love this series probably my favorite fighting series ever but it has no business being 3D. *Beats head against wall*

Who knows. But there is some head against wall beating to be done.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
This is a pictorial representation of what I just went through as I clicked this topic and read its contents:

Guilty Gear 2....
proceed.jpg

spock-wtf.gif

RTS elements...
donotwant.jpg

Whose brilliantly stupid idea was this?

dfyb

Banned
3D, RTS? do not want.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
New 360 game?

I'll take it!

And not that I care but I'm sure another Guilty Gear Update with online play will be announced for the 360 at some time or another. Yep I pulled that straight out of my ass but hey oh well.

I-No/Bridget/Slayer playable or the internet dies btw. :(
#reload was already on xbox1 with online, and it sucked balls online.

Grecco

RumpledForeskin said:
Damn you guys sure are downers, you should be a happy a new fighting game is even being made.

a fighting game doesnt have troops to command in a field.

this sounds more like dynasty warriors than guitly gear

Grecco said:
this sounds more like dynasty warriors than guitly gear

Definitely an improvement.
(Seriously folks there will be a real Guilty Gear game on the way. They probably decided to release a game that can expand on the story)

dfyb

Banned
Mo the Hawk said:
Help me SSF2THDR, you're my only hope! /leia
i guess if the only thing you look for in a fighting game is high res sprites :lol

seriously, guilty gear xx accent core is brand new (ps2, wii). if you want a new 2D fighter/guilty gear, it's already here.

this is just another guilty gear spinoff nobody wants or needs.

Teen Ape

It says the game is 80% done...where are the pics/vids of this thing in action? You'd think they're 4/5 of the way there and would have something to show for their work.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I'm amazed by the reactions.

All we do is bitch that nothing in a certain genre changes, nothing gets innovative.

So now a company tries to do something unique and innovative and we shit on it without a) playing it or b) even SEEING it. Why? Because it's different. Not what we're used to.

Personally, I want sprites. But as far as the gameplay goes, it sounds very interesting and I want to see how it ends up.

Another thing to note is that the next real Guilty Gear won't be out for quite awhile. As of June Guilty Gear Accent Core is the #1 arcade game in Japan. Once the game starts slipping off the charts they'll look into a new release(or even *gasp* a real sequel). I imagine they'll start looking into a new game when KoF XII releases(or any one of the other huge fighters expected in the near future..like maybe Tekken 6).

So since a new arcade game isn't a high priority Arc is developing a title to reach out to the fanbase, probably by providing a larger focus on the storyline(since this looks to take place before the events of Guilty Gear X) This also gives them an opportunity to try out some new ideas and perhaps to test the waters for future 360 support(Even if Japan & 360 go together like peanut butter and goatse)

So eh whatever. Granted I'm just speculating but seriously. Why would Arc announce a new Guilty Gear fighting game when their current game is #1?

D3VI0US

Hey they just added it to the backwards compatible games so even though I hear it's glitchy there's hope yet. :lol

Those shots make it look decent.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
omg rite said:
I'm amazed by the reactions.

All we do is bitch that nothing in a certain genre changes, nothing gets innovative.

People want Guilty Gear because they want good 2D fighters to continue being made. If Guilty Gear stops being a 2D fighter all we have left is half of the King of Fighters franchise.

O crap I totally missed the part about it being a rts too. Man this keeps getting worse... At least they'll finally continue the storyline... :/ I actually liked the storyline.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
dfyb said:
i guess if the only thing you look for in a fighting game is high res sprites :lol

seriously, guilty gear xx accent core is brand new (ps2, wii). if you want a new 2D fighter/guilty gear, it's already here.

this is just another guilty gear spinoff nobody wants or needs.
Oh, look, dfyb trolling an Xbox 360 thread.

That was unexpected.

M3d10n

I assume this game is being made by an entirely different team or being outsourced to another company completely, since Arc Systems is busy working on Basara X.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
M3d10n said:
I assume this game is being made by an entirely different team or being outsourced to another company completely, since Arc Systems is busy working on Basara X.
Wow, assumptions through the roof there no?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Sooner or later, Arc will run out of shit to do with GGXX. We'll only have to deal with the upcoming date sim, shooter, FPS, and RPG before they finally get to Guilty Gear 3.

Top Bottom