• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd PC |OT| Get down to 4k rock!

0Ka6ED6.png

Original OT by Volcynika. Edited by K.Sabot. New Screenshots by Dizzy-4U.
rQwZyvY.png

• Prologue
    In the year 1999, humanity finally succeeded in creating what became to be known as “magic spells,” which were essentially sources of seemingly unlimited power. And though mankind had discovered the path leading to true wisdom, it was unable to renounce its foolish and destructive ways. Spells intended to help, nurture, and promote world peace were instead corrupted and used as weapons of war. As a result of this gross misuse of power, forbidden biological weapons known as GEARs came into existence. And not long after, as if to punish mankind for its folly, the GEARs developed wills and minds of their own, and inevitably turned against their human masters.
    The Crusades, the name given to the war which pitted humanity against their abominable creations, raged for almost a century before the armies of man succeeded in sealing away the harbinger of destruction, Justice. And though peace finally returned to the world, the remnants of the non-human forces lurked in the shadows, biding their time in hopes of one day making humanity atone for the misery their misuse of magic had caused.
  • Main Story
    "12:12 pm, October 21st, 2187"
    A young girl, identifying herself as Ramlethal Valentine, rose up to declare war against all the countries of the world by herself.
    And though a lone girl issued such a challenge, there wasn’t an individual, organization, or nation who failed to take her threat seriously. This was due to the fact that the one who attacked and virtually destroyed the capitol city of the Allied Kingdoms of Illyria in what was known as the “Baptism 13 Incident” claimed the name of Valentine as well.
    To find out the truth, the nations of the world were forced to rise up and take action.

XMkFZjI.png

NCSKUQg.png

• Celebrating its rich 16-year history as one of the most innovative fighting games ever, Guilty Gear Xrd-SIGN- brings its completely redesigned, extreme style and unique 3D animation to players everywhere
  • Extreme Battles Await - Guilty Gear's signature system, "Roman Cancel," has been significantly expanded and improved, creating endless fighting styles!
  • Arc System Works, developer of Guilty Gear, is legendary for its 2D animation style and decided to bring that sensibility to the world of 3D, creating a seamless and unique experience that will stun players with Guilty Gear's smooth, yet amazing graphics
  • Daisuke Ishiwatari, the multi-talented man behind Guilty Gear, once again arranges and composes the music of Guilty Gear Xrd-SIGN- featuring over 27 heavy rock tracks

ueLEkHn.png

• Ranked Match -- For players that wish to challenge their way up the ladder and improve their overall ranking. (Standby Feature: Ability to play the offline modes while waiting for a match.)
  • Player Match -- For those that want to play with friends and/or not worry about ranks. (Standby Feature: Waiting for your turn? Watch matches of other players in the same room. Up to eight players can enter one room at once and up to four matches can be conducted simultaneously.)

• Practice Modes
    • Tutorial -- For players new to the Guilty Gear universe or just need a refresher. Sol and Sin walk you through the basics, rules, and controls of the game.
    • Mission -- Simulates multiple situations for players to improve their strategies.
    • Challenge -- Practice various combos for each character. From simple to highly advanced.
    • Training -- Work on improving your skill with a character. Can be done with CPU or with a friend.

• Battle Modes
    • Arcade -- Play eight matches against the CPU to see more of the story.
    • M.O.M. (Medal of Millionaire) -- Fight across a map of CPU opponents, earning ways to customize your character. Also can take the character online to fight other customized characters in a player match.
    • Versus -- Fight against the CPU or a player offline.

• Story Mode
    • Scenario -- Watch and enjoy the story of this iteration of Guilty Gear.

• Database Modes
    • Profile -- View all of your stats, fight history, trophies, everything you've gone through in gameplay.
    • Replay Theater -- Manage/view replays of matches. Able to also view them frame-by-frame for deeper analysis and attach short comments.
    • Gallery -- View artwork, movies, voices, and character profiles unlocked during gameplay.

Vgh5200.png

pR9tEf9.png
fR8RYfR.png
yNkgJke.png
yJ9PrfM.png

YfQ6AEw.png
jZB7PFG.png
QxNAT5s.png
LF5z2e7.png

1asZ4Gd.png
1ECeSFs.png
1x7LSUH.png
4krgvnK.png

cZIcQ6t.png
RUvB79a.png
iMwPef8.png
HYDjfi0.png

dYkULz8.png

Downsampled Screenshots via Dizzy-4U!

58UBPhV.png

qJMIM34.png

BGgZlOG.png

Extensive Info
Gameplay Specific
  • Bursts - Dust + Any other button
    • Defensive -- Use while getting hit to escape from a combo by knocking away the opponent.
    • Offensive -- If it hits the opponent, your tension gauge will refill completely. Can use only if not under attack.
  • Roman Cancels - 3 buttons simultaneously (excluding Dust)
    • Red -- Costs 50% tension gauge. Happens when the opponent is in hit or block stun. Used to extend combos.
    • Yellow -- Costs 25% tension gauge. Happens when the opponent is not in hit or block stun. Used for okizeme, space control, mobility, and pressure.
    • Purple -- Costs 50% tension gauge. Happens when a YRC is performed late in the move.
    • Useful tutorial video about Roman Cancels.
  • Blitz Shield (HS + Any other button other than Dust while neutral) -- A shielded pose that repels the opponent’s attacks for a brief period of time. Creates an opening for a counter attack. Beware though, because after performing a BS, your opponent can do the same.
  • Danger Time -- Occasionally occurs when attacks from both sides land simultaneously. During DT, time will slow down and whoever hits the opponent first will get big damage out of the next combo.

ih8SnmO.png

• Question: Hey, where is [Guilty Gear Character I Love] at? I wanted to play as them :(
  • Answer: Ask Arc! But if there's anything to be seen with BlazBlue, I am sure we will get future revisions/expansions of the game which hopefully will see the return of the characters you know and love. Until then, that's all we have!
  • Question: I'm not sure about the soundtrack, any hope for me?
  • Answer: Well I enjoy it, but it has been confirmed you can use in-game currency to buy tracks from previous Guilty Gear games for use. Maybe a track or track(s) you love will be available!

PbtW2Vt.png

Unite, Guilty-GAF!
Guilty Gaf Steam Group!

--------
Much thanks to notworksafe and Jotamide for their help. Feel free to recommend any additions Now, LET'S ROCK!

Miker

Wow, it's actually the most recent version available on consoles. I think the thread title should even be changed to reflect that.

FluxWaveZ

Funny that they practically just used the TGS 2014 trailer. Could have at least made an English dubbed version.

But cool, hopefully Revelator lands on PC soon enough after its release. Probably won't have cross-play with PS3/PS4, though.

BiggNife

Wow, it's actually the most recent version available on consoles. I think the thread title should even be changed to reflect that.

Well, that's because there's only one version available on consoles right now. REVELATOR is coming out in three months on PS3/PS4 and will render SIGN obsolete. It's still a year-old version.

wwm0nkey

Wow comes out in 2 days. Need to see this in 4K

Also purchase comes with a vocal track for -Revelator- so..... There's that

Celcius

°Temp. member
Wow, releases on 3 days... didn't expect that!
Hoping that Relevator comes to PC same times as PS3/PS4 then :)

Miker

na - the new one is revelator

The update comes out this spring. It'll be current for a couple months, haha.

Well, that's because there's only one version available on consoles right now. REVELATOR is coming out in three months on PS3/PS4 and will render SIGN obsolete. It's still a year-old version.

My mistake, then. I thought that consoles originally got the vanilla version, then got SIGN later on.

wwm0nkey

Edited my one post, but it actually comes out the 9th according to my Steam page? Also the special offer for buying it is a vocal track, BUT if you buy it early enough it has a track from REVELATOR. So I think we are getting that as well

Saprol

arcade's still their baby. then they'll eventually kick it off to home devices once they have a new version in the arcades lol

Was it ever dubbed? And is there any reason to get this with Revelator on the way?

Yeah, Xrd is dubbed on PS4 and I actually really like the voice acting.

As for Revelator, if you haven't played Xrd before it's a good jump in point, Revelator really doesn't do any balance changed for existing characters, so you'll get a good feel for the game when Revelator comes out.

I guess if I can get this for 10 bucks I'm in, just to see 4k downsampled Xrd, but I already have it on PS4.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nice. But Revelator is coming soon. The biggest question is: Will Revelator not take as long to hit PC like this did. Arc really needs to start putting more effort into the PC port turn-around times. They generally release the "latest" version right before console/arcades get the next/"latest" version.

Firehead

Oh! Oh God! I've been so hyped for Xrd since its initial announcement for PS3/4 and have been anticipating the Steam release ever since. It's finally fucking releasing! AND FUCKING TOMORROW?!
Fucking yes! So hyped!

Momentary

Banned
It blows my damn mind that people don't realize how fast ASW has caught STEAM up with their games.

Are you guys serious? They picked up speed too on these releases.

Granjinha

It blows my damn mind that people don't realize how fast ASW has caught STEAM up with their games.

Are you guys serious? They picked up speed too on these releases.

Yeah, i was gonna say that too. They really sped up the process. Ideal? No. But MUCH better than before.

wwm0nkey

Good news, Sin, Elphelt and Leo can all be unlocked or bought! So you don't have to buy 2 characters like the console version

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, i was gonna say that too. They really sped up the process. Ideal? No. But MUCH better than before.

Console:
NA December 16, 2014
EU June 3, 2015

PC:
WW December 10, 2015

Sure, if we're going by Europe (which always gets the shit end of the stick), Arc is "speeding up." Otherwise it's been one year since it's console release in the west. No, that isn't "fast." Are they catching up in regards to releasing things people want? Yeah. But their turn around time still leaves a lot to be desired.

Top Bottom