• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV2 "Demo" Comes May 1st for PS+ Members (no pre-order required)

Tizoc

I hope Sonty put up a 'Buy for $100 get $15' back offer soon.
Then again I'd be spending $130ish on Tekken 7 DE+1 Year of Plus but hey it goes toward REV 2 :V

I am curious if SIGN is gonna pop up in the Monthly Bundle....

Fandangox

Not certain if you had a PS3 before that, but it was also possible to download them that way since all of the DLC for Rev1 (as with -SIGN-, minus certain color DLC) is cross-buy between PS3 and PS4. Adding things through the web version of the PS store was also possible (I got them through a combination of that and PS3, didn't get a PS4 until November myself).

I didn't have a PS3 by the time GGXrd and Rev came out.

So I think I might have to pick this up.Always wanted to play GG but it was dead for a while and when revalator came out, I didn't pick it up for some reason. Like I knew the style and presentation were on point but actually being able to sit and play it, it just feels really fucking good to play.

BigEmil

Yeah region free if you have a plus account lol.
If you haven't used it yet think you can still get a free 2 day ps+ trial by going in the account then goto save data and choose the ps+
one and it'll offer you a few days (something like that)

Skilletor

Played with some friends last night.

Answer is one of my favorite characters to play of all time. I love ever about this ninja.

Found out this demo is up in EU, thanks Wario64.

Loved the PS2 games back in the day but never kept up with the series since, booted up the demo and wow, game looks insane.

dIEer77.gif

Qvoth

does this version need you to input more correctly or something?
seems like the input requirement is stricter or some shit
and i still believe this game is a bit slower compared to sign

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Downloading this as soon as I can make some free space.

I'm guessing once the game is released the demo won't be available anymore?
Or will we be able to continue training/playing VS for free even after launch?

Either way, it's a great incentive to get back into this series. Recently finding myself humming the tunes from the PS2 days... Maybe it's time to Let's Rock again.

Edit:
Wait a sec, can anyone help me out?

Xrd is currently 11.99 GBP on the UK store.
Revelator is 49.99 GBP.
Rev 2 is 45.99 GBP pre-order.

What would I be getting/missing for each one?
If I'm jumping in fresh, would it be best to just start with the Rev 2 demo and then buy whenever I'm ready?

Korigama

Downloading this as soon as I can make some free space.

I'm guessing once the game is released the demo won't be available anymore?
Or will we be able to continue training/playing VS for free even after launch?

Either way, it's a great incentive to get back into this series. Recently finding myself humming the tunes from the PS2 days... Maybe it's time to Let's Rock again.

Edit:
Wait a sec, can anyone help me out?

Xrd is currently 11.99 GBP on the UK store.
Revelator is 49.99 GBP.
Rev 2 is 45.99 GBP pre-order.

What would I be getting/missing for each one?
If I'm jumping in fresh, would it be best to just start with the Rev 2 demo and then buy whenever I'm ready?
All three games are Xrd, but specifically, you would be missing out on the story of the first game if you skip -SIGN-, which is only recapped briefly in -REVELATOR- (a direct continuation of said story). Rev2 comes with everything the that original -REVELATOR- did, previous DLC characters (Dizzy and Haehyun) included, as well as two new characters (Baiken and Answer), additional stages, story prologues in arcade mode for characters who didn't have them yet, and new gameplay rebalancing. I should also mention that only -SIGN- had dual-audio, with the following games being Japanese voices only.

If interested in the story, that seems like a cheap enough price for -SIGN-, but Rev2 is the one you're going to want to play, and the one to get if buying only one. The demo is a good place to start.

Maulik

Are all the versions of Xrd compatible for online play or can you only play with those that have the specific version of the game that you do?

Korigama

Does just buying Rev 2, give you all the dlc for past games?

I only own sign c:
Every character that had been DLC previously (Elphelt and Leo in -SIGN-, Dizzy and Haehyun in -REVELATOR-) is available by default in Rev2. I'm less clear on what colors carried over between games, but timed -SIGN- DLC like the Christmas colors and the former PS+ exclusive black and blue colors were unlockable through playing in -REVELATOR-.
Are all the versions of Xrd compatible for online play or can you only play with those that have the specific version of the game that you do?
Different games, different player pools. If I were to summarize them up until now...

-SIGN- = GGXrd 1
-REVELATOR- = GGXrd 2
Rev2 = Super GGXrd 2

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
All three games are Xrd, but specifically, you would be missing out on the story of the first game if you skip -SIGN-, which is only recapped briefly in -REVELATOR- (a direct continuation of said story). Rev2 comes with everything the that original -REVELATOR- did, previous DLC characters (Dizzy and Haehyun) included, as well as two new characters (Baiken and Answer), additional stages, story prologues in arcade mode for characters who didn't have them yet, and new gameplay rebalancing. I should also mention that only -SIGN- had dual-audio, with the following games being Japanese voices only.

If interested in the story, that seems like a cheap enough price for -SIGN-, but Rev2 is the one you're going to want to play, and the one to get if buying only one. The demo is a good place to start.

Perfect advice, thank you. I'm not too fussed about the story, and I prefer original JP voices in me fighting games, so it seems like a no-brainer (especially since the player base is already fragmented across both mainline versions).

Can't wait to try this out! The last time I played was GG:XX on my Vita's Japanese account/memory card.

Qvoth

does rev 2 not have any pre-order bonus?
already bought tekken 7 and if there's no pre-order bonus for rev 2 then i'll probably save my money until a flash deal in the future
wtzgU.gif

Top Bottom