• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GUILTY GEAR XX CORE PLUS R for Steam Trailer

wwm0nkey

Trailer:
Ultimate battle action, and the epitome of the GUILTY GEAR XX series now on Steam!

Ultimate battle action!
Using the previous installation, "GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE CORE" as the base, players can perform "Gatling combos" by simply pressing attack buttons in sequence; or launch their opponents into mid-air with the overhead "Dust" attack; or cancelling their character's current motion to allow for more follow-ups with the "Roman Cancel"; keeping everything that makes a GUILTY GEAR game, while fine-tuning everything to reach optimal balance!
Full 25 characters cast!
Accent Core Plus marks the return of fan favorites Kliff Undersn and Justice, rounding out the cast of 25 playable characters. And in the latest Plus R version, they have been fine-tuned for more competitive play!
Refined skills, polished strategies
Based on the large amount of players' feedbacks on the previous installation, "GUILTY GEAR XX ΛCORE CORE", all characters have been closely examined and further tweaked for optimal battle performance! The entire cast have their core concepts revised and re-evaluated; balances are in place to bring out the most variation among the cast, with the ultimate aim to liven up the heat of every battle!
Devise new strategies with each character as you play!
Multiple game modes
All-time favorites "Survival Mode", "M.O.M. Mode", "Training Mode" and "Mission Mode" all included! In addition, you can view over 100 special illustrations in the "Gallery Mode" by various artists!
Ranked Match & Player Match Online Modes
Players can test their strength online, with the 2 network matching modes "Ranked Match" and "Player Match"!
Raise your rank with each win from the "Ranked Match" mode! Or, you can simply have fun online with your friends with the "Player Match"! Wins and losses are not recoreded here, so you don't have to worry about a bad record!

[Store Page]

The game is out next Tuesday!

EDIT: It is worth noting that Arc Systems Works is the publisher for this game, so this is very good news and has potential to let us see more of their games on Steam in the future.

Tagyhag

It's about time they put the best Guilty Gear on there, I think this is the first time Plus R had online as well.

Hopefully Xrd in the future!

Faustek

huh....so this was what we "especially" in Europe should consider good news?

Meh, i'll still suck at it and I'll still have tons of fun :D

Welp

Looks like they can release Xrd whenever they want. Accent Core is what some of us have wanted since the beginning, even if the netcode is probably ass on a stick. Good luck to the folks waiting for Xrd.

Naite

Finally an ASW game on steam I can get behind. This will probably be the 7th or 8th time I buy a version of Accent Core.

Hopefully I can get decent execution at the game again. I tried playing it a few weeks ago and couldn't do most of my links and combos because I got too used to Xrd timing.

Clawww

it makes more sense to put this on steam before Xrd in a way. people will always clamor for +R on Steam, and would still want it even if Xrd were out. they would probably see less sales for +R if it came after Xrd, and perhaps Xrd sales wouldn't be affected by +R coming out first.

but really, this should have been out a long time ago, and Xrd closer to console release

Fuck. Yes. Will buy. Nice to see it has online! I bet it will suck ass, though =/

And I think they released the trailer too early since it says "Available now" when it actually comes out the 26th :p And I definitely noticed ASW was the publisher. I'm hoping for some good things in the future...

dmcAxle

Neo Member
Might do well if they don't overprice it like BB:CSE

Please realize people won't spend more than $20 for a 3 year old fighting game with a newer version out.

wwm0nkey

Fuck. Yes. Will buy. Nice to see it has online! I bet it will suck ass, though =/

And I think they released the trailer too early since it says "Available now" when it actually comes out the 26th :p And I definitely noticed ASW was the publisher. I'm hoping for some good things in the future...

Them being the pub bodes very well for future games.

It's about time they put the best Guilty Gear on there, I think this is the first time Plus R had online as well.

Hopefully Xrd in the future!

Had online on XBL/PSN

So pumped for this. Had this on XBL but my 360's been packed up so it's nice that I'll be able to just fire this up whenever. Love love love AC.

Saikyo

No lobbies...still gonna buy even if the price is not localized.

Also:

nUXR7pc.png

But lets wait for other annoucement so more ports are confirmed.

Nyoro SF

Damn that basically confirms the big boys are coming down the line. Nice.

Finally.... after many long years, Steam is going to catch up to console. And I sincerely hope that from here on out, Steam release of ASW games matches console release of ASW games.

Now if only Atlus was on board for this sort of thing, since they're the ones in charge of the ASW-made P4A Ultimax...

Tagyhag

Had online on XBL/PSN

So pumped for this. Had this on XBL but my 360's been packed up so it's nice that I'll be able to just fire this up whenever. Love love love AC.

Ah thanks, I must be thinking of just the original release.

Not TOO hopeful about the netcode, but we'll see!

Having played Xrd I'm actually happier to have the opportunity to play +R. I have 0 hopes for the quality of the netcode (this is probably just a straight port of the console version) but I'm really looking forward to playing Robo-Ky again.

Top Bottom