• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Guitar Hero Live" Announced

wait... is the live show of the actual bands!

if thats the case then this will be awesome for fans of my chemical romance and green day who broke up a while back!

Hmm, didn't now how big they were. Never heard of them before GH5.

And to be fair, Facebook seems to be losing stem among younger people.

It's not supposed to be a knock against SDRE anyway. I have their first album on CD because of GH5.

Lol. Sunny Day Real Estate is one of the most well known OG bands of their genre.

cakely

wait... is the live show of the actual bands!

if thats the case then this will be awesome for fans of my chemical romance and green day who broke up a while back!

No, it's a bunch of various actors assembled into bands that look like they could perform each song.

CFYyGn9UsAA0Euz.jpg

Anyone?

What is this set list right now? State Champs and PTV are the only bands I like on there. Chop Suey might be fun to play. Same with Alter Bridge.

#6 is Baroness maybe?

As much as that would be great, unlikely. The only song that would fit the ON would be Take My Bones Away, but it seems too short for that.

Edit: Actually the artist seems to be on the right. That's confusing. Still doesn't seem to fit though :(

What people have seemed to work out:

1) Royal Blood - Little Monster
2) ?
3) Killswitch Engage - In Due Time
4) ?
5) ?
6) ?
7) ?
8) Bring Me The Horizon - Shadow Moses
9) Mastodon - High Road
10) ?

Okay well now it's near obvious for most.

1) Royal Blood - Diamond Eyes
2) Marilyn Manson - Disposable Teens
3) Killswitch Engage - In Due Time
4) Marmozets - Move, Shake, Hide
5) Of Mice and Men - Bones Exposed
6) Deftones - Diamond Eyes
7) FUCK IS THIS ONE
8) Bring Me The Horizon - Shadow Moses
9) Mastodon - High Road
10) Trivium - Strife

Ridley327

I can make out two songs (Marilyn Manson - Disposable Teens for #2, Deftones - Diamond Eyes for #6), and bands like Killswitch Engage (#3), Bring Me the Horizon (#8), Mastodon (#9), and Trivium (#10), but I'm not familiar enough with them to know the tracks.

so all these songs being announced will have the "live" gameplay thing right? Some of these will feel weird like that...will there be moshpits and stuff? lol

Ridley327

so all these songs being announced will have the "live" gameplay thing right? Some of these will feel weird like that...will there be moshpits and stuff? lol

Apparently, everything that's shipping on the disc will have the live footage aspect, along with a music video option if it's available. Anything releasing on GHTV is said to just be the music video.

Hmm, if they're releasing track announcements every week in themed ten-song packs, this game could have a ton of content.

None of these interest me, but I'm no metal guy. I'll wait to see what Classic Rock has in store.

Hmm, if they're releasing track announcements every week in themed ten-song packs, this game could have a ton of content.

None of these interest me, but I'm no metal guy. I'll wait to see what Classic Rock has in store.

Over 100 apparently, and they have officially announced 34 now. If we say about 130 songs, we'll be done in July. Maybe a month break then a September release.

Edit: Full confirmation of this one.

CFZNt0JVEAARwSv.jpg

Over 100 apparently, and they have officially announced 34 now. If we say about 130 songs, we'll be done in July. Maybe a month break then a September release.

Edit: Full confirmation of this one.

CFZNt0JVEAARwSv.jpg

Are we to assume they did that FMV thing with 130 songs (or some similarly ungodly number)??

I'll pick up the game just for sheer appreciation of the amount of work.

Black Veil Brides “In The End”

BAHAHAHA, omg. I can't even.

Oh man, Of Mice and Men, such crap.

BMtHs new stuff is better, but not top notch metalcore.

Deftones - Diamond Eyes is a killer song.

Deftones' Diamond Eyes is fantastic. I really like that album in general.

It's great that both Deftones and Marilyn Manson are on there. I'm just not sure if I feel like spending hundreds of dollars on more music games.

is that official?

Numerous people were told that at a BB event. Keep in mind many of the songs released are probably for GHTV.

According to Brian Shea (GameInformer) only 24 songs revealed so far are said to be on GH Live (not counting today). Activision isn't telling us which ones.

So far we've figured out about 44 songs/artists

It's really odd that Activision isn't specifying which of the songs they're announcing are part of the Live stuff vs the GHTV stuff. Why can't they be upfront about it?

They are on the disc.

I don't see how else you can reveal the songs in the game without saying "here are some songs that are in the game".

It was my understanding that a very meager set list was announced and the new stuff is paid dlc.

I see I'm not alone in being confused here

FyreWulff

AFIAK GHTV is (mostly?) free. But the songs can only be played while they're "live". Probably signed like a streaming deal/royalties.

I would guess any premium stuff would be songs you can play on demand at any time.

45 on disc 100+ on GHTV (Day One)

That makes a lot more sense. I have a hard time believing they're going to shoot 130 FMVs out of the gate.

As for GHTV, my guess is that they'll charge extra for more specific channels or maybe just for new stuff. I believe there are already going to be some more genre specific channels for free out of the gate too though.

Top Bottom