• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Build Fighters Try |OT| Once Again, Please Set Your GP Base

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wubby

It's not that bad. I don't think they had planned on the show being two seasons or more. But the first season was really popular and sold a lot of models so they just wanted to keep that going I think. Its sold a ton more kits than Age ever did. Reconguista kits dont sell as well as GBF kits either from what I can tell.

I have missed the last two episodes but with the negative impressions in here I can't be arsed to watch them. This show had potential. They really need to rehire the writers from the original. Show has some moments but really can't compare to the first one. The fact Team Try made it this far is bs. They suck at teamwork and outside of Fumina really don't show any skill or tactics. And Yuuma has zero redeeming qualities. Why can't he get a career ending wrist injury? I hope they write him out of the next season. Sekai can get rekt too. Build knuckle spam 2.0 is still boring. I hope against all odds Gunpla academy wins the final. After that Adou needs to retire which means he gets replaced by Fumina next season for the world championship.

China kidnapped Sei and he's trapped in a room all day building gunpla for her so she can sell it on the black market.

Season 3 will be Try Fighters breaking him out and stopping China from flooding the world tournament - an organization that has made her love and brother addicted to this non-sense. How will Try Fighters stop China when she has the ultimate machines? Find out in season 3!

Shouta

I don't think Try has been bad, it's just been disappointing compared to the first season. It's very by the book and lacks the planning as I've said before. But it's definitely not bad.

I don't think Try has been bad, it's just been disappointing compared to the first season. It's very by the book and lacks the planning as I've said before. But it's definitely not bad.

Yeah this is how I feel too. I think I'll still be excited for the inevitable continuation even.

NeonZ

After this show ends, I hope bamco put a long break from Build Fighter series. I've been enjoying GBFT but it is clearly a stepdown from GBF. Hopefully they can come up with something original (but not as original as G Recon bs).

Or they could just bring back the 1st season's director? I don't get why they even changed it. I thought he had been taken to work in G-Reco as an animator or something, but there's nothing listed in his Japanese wikipedia page.

duckroll

Or they could just bring back the 1st season's director? I don't get why they even changed it. I thought he had been taken to work in G-Reco as an animator or something, but there's nothing listed in his Japanese wikipedia page.

After Build Fighters he did storyboard work at BONES on Captain Earth and the second season of Chaika. It is believed that he could be directing a new project at BONES and might have been unavailable to jump right into another season of Build Fighters. Try is obviously something which was greenlighted due to the success of the first series and they wanted to rush while the brand was still popular, so if he had already made other arrangements for the near future, they would just have to deal with it.

so what episode did they talk about the wrist thing. but yea this seaon's been super lackluster. also this episdoe was a bunch of nothing

CorvoSol

Also, WOW, building in Gundam BUILD Fighters.

YOU KNOW HAMAN, WE REALLY ARE THE DOUBLE ZETA GUNDAM AFTER ALL

ANIME JA NAI PLAYS

END FRANCHISE

SC5gVDl.jpg

These fucks beat the Tryon-3

ultron87

Whoever wrote that as the after credits thing should be ashamed. It's like, "well, we've done our best to lead up to this battle! Let's just ruin any potential hype by throwing a new obstacle to the antagonist team! That's good story telling right?"

CorvoSol

Now Team Gunpla Gakuen can be like "u only one cuz particles in adou's wrist ran out" and meijin will descend from heaven and declare wilfrid is meijin kawaguchi the 4-20th and has perpetual rights to participate in the world stage and everyone will cheer while allan jacks off wilfrid's ego but demands to be called coachee

see you in gundam build fight 3 kids

ultron87

And the two other drinks are obviously for Reiji and Aila who stopped by the dimension to watch the finals.

Or like Fellini. Ya know. Some good character that we actually like.

Blader

And the two other drinks are obviously for Reiji and Aila who stopped by the dimension to watch the finals.

Or like Fellini. Ya know. Some good character that we actually like.

oh man, I completely forgot she went back to Reiji's world with him.

CorvoSol

Why do people think Try Fighters will combine their robots?

They've already done it before with the Star Winning combining in part with the other two Gundams. The Tryon-3 and Lucas Nemesis fights have shown that you can get more power by combining 3 suits into 1. Also that godawful design keeps popping up like a rejected Bionicle combination kit.

Also Yuuma took everybody's gunpla for himself and did "something" to them, but we didn't see what that something was, and the gunpla all appeared normal at the end of the episode in the start of the fight. So the most obvious trick is combination.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What? That's just her. Sei's not in the shot at all.

I know, but with how the dialog and scene is made it out, it could hilariously be taken as Sei as the one with the skirt (China has been talking already before that, and the scene changes to that the moment she mentions Sei).

Damn I went back and watched stinger at the end and you can see the combined form. I wish they would do something crazy and actually have the Gunpla Academy win. That would redeem the season for me. It won't happen though.

Ken

Also no last minute new gunpla to reveal like Crossbone Maoh and Miss Sazabi last season? If there were the kits would have leaked by now right.

I want them to lose so damn bad.
Also, just got my Star Winning aaaaaaand the box is small and there's like, 6 runners.

I made a mistake buying this, didn't I?

I know it's been hinted at/shown for a couple of episodes that Adou has a bad wrist, but the doctor walking in at the last minute upset me greatly. Yuuma with that lucked out victory. Smgdh.

Gundam Build Fighters Try Hard
Gundam Build Fighters Try Harder
Gundam Build Fighters Try Hard With A Vengeance
Gundam Build Fighters Stay Free or Try Hard

Gundam Build Jobbers Try.

Wubby

Also no last minute new gunpla to reveal like Crossbone Maoh and Miss Sazabi last season? If there were the kits would have leaked by now right.

I liked that episode where they had the Gunpla fair last season before the final battle.

It's still possible we could get some new models from this show. We didn't get the Amazing Exia or Rinascita for many many months after the show ended. Those kits came out in like August and September.

I want them to lose so damn bad.
Also, just got my Star Winning aaaaaaand the box is small and there's like, 6 runners.

I made a mistake buying this, didn't I?

It doesn't look soooo bad. I think it looks good if left in real mode. I've actually bought two of them.

ElyrionX

1. spoiled drawing

2. picture of someone recreating the drawing with actual model parts

3. next episode's preview shows try burning's head wearing winning's yellow crest head thing.

They've already done it before with the Star Winning combining in part with the other two Gundams. The Tryon-3 and Lucas Nemesis fights have shown that you can get more power by combining 3 suits into 1. Also that godawful design keeps popping up like a rejected Bionicle combination kit.

Also Yuuma took everybody's gunpla for himself and did "something" to them, but we didn't see what that something was, and the gunpla all appeared normal at the end of the episode in the start of the fight. So the most obvious trick is combination.

I see. Hmmm. That sounds like a terrible way to end the season. But I guess the ending would be as mediocre as the rest of the season has been.

Wubby

As it is it feels like this season has barely had any new Gunpla anyway.

Huh that's an interesting thought. I have to go look now and see.

Edit:

Nope! Try wins in many ways.

By my count there were 17 HG releases for the original series. Zero of those were completely new designs. GBFT has so far released 14 kits (three actually are SD). But there are another 5 announced that haven't been released yet. For a total of 19 kits, or 19.5 if you want to count the Pucchi guy release.

GBFT we have and will have received some completely new design/tool kits. Built Burning, Denial, Transient, The End, Portent, Trion. Mock was shown last season but not released until this season so could go either way on that front.

There's a bit of a grey area for some. Crossbone Maoh was new tool as there had been no HG crossbone released yet when that kit came out. Same for the Gyagya and it's future R-Jarja release. Gouf R35 was also a new tool. Amazing Red Warrior is also new tool but looks to be the base for the future HG RX-78-2 renewal kit.

Also three kits of the original series releases were just redesigns or previous releases: Build Strike-Star Build Strike, Exia Dark Matter-Amazing Exia, Fenice-Rinascita. Try has only had two updates, Build Burning-Try Burning, Winning-Star Winning. Yuuma only got that backpack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom