• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox |OT| Power Your Dreams

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
1000 items on sale today.

Jf3hkxc.jpg

adamsapple

^

Continuing from above.

True Achievements has a curated list, *but* it doesn't seem to be complete, items on the picture above are *not* on their list.

RoboEight

^

Continuing from above.

True Achievements has a curated list, *but* it doesn't seem to be complete, items on the picture above are *not* on their list.

Its a nice sale. I always enjoy these and grabbing BC games to fill out my list. Gonna grab Dead Space as well $10 is a streal.

Naked Lunch

I don't know if this is the right place to ask.

What's the best Xbox 360 replacement controller that you can get?
You could get a Brook Wingman XB2 and use any modern Xbox controller on the 360 with no input lag whatsoever.
I recently got one and tested it with a Series X controller and Cave 360 shmups - works perfectly.
Dying 360 controller problem solved.

TheUsual

Gold Member
I already have a Series X, but I couldn't pass up another one for $350. The current one is hooked up to my PC. Will put this 2nd one with my TV hooked up along with the PS5.
I'm surprised to say that I've been having a lot of fun with the Series consoles this gen. God, they need some console messaging as they have a great box. Hope these sales give a 2nd wind. Competition is fun.

Jesb

Anyone here ever buy their system on the local classifieds/Facebook marketplace? I’m thinking of getting a series X on there that’s bnib but not sure how I can protect myself since it could just be sealed box with a rock inside.

adamsapple

Anyone here ever buy their system on the local classifieds/Facebook marketplace? I’m thinking of getting a series X on there that’s bnib but not sure how I can protect myself since it could just be sealed box with a rock inside.

I've personally never bought electronics from FB marketplace, look up that persons profile and see how many reviews they have and if they've sold a few things before. If this is the first and only thing they're selling, I would be extra cautious. Once the money is off of your hands, there's little FB marketplace will be able to do if it turns out to be a scam.

Jesb

I've personally never bought electronics from FB marketplace, look up that persons profile and see how many reviews they have and if they've sold a few things before. If this is the first and only thing they're selling, I would be extra cautious. Once the money is off of your hands, there's little FB marketplace will be able to do if it turns out to be a scam.
the person has a ton of positive feedback selling stuff all new pretty much. It looks like he may be someone that has a store but does also sales in private. His name also is called retailforyou. He has 90 reviews all positive and 33 current listings. Still I’m just not sure how you protect yourself buying new stuff. I only ever bought used stuff I can see. He’s obviously not gonna want me to open it. So no way to know.

b0uncyfr0

Im torn on Jedi Survivor - should i play on Series X or PC?

With the X - i have an OLED (CX).

PC, ive got a 5600x/7800xt

I value consistency (and 60 fps) over all. Tough choice.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Im torn on Jedi Survivor - should i play on Series X or PC?

With the X - i have an OLED (CX).

PC, ive got a 5600x/7800xt

I value consistency (and 60 fps) over all. Tough choice.
Haven't played it yet but I bought it for my Series X. Steam reviews for the game just read like it's a lottery if the game will run well regardless of specs even until now and that's what pushed me in the console direction.

Updates for all versions definitely have improved the performance.

5800x3d and 3070ti here

adamsapple

the person has a ton of positive feedback selling stuff all new pretty much. It looks like he may be someone that has a store but does also sales in private. His name also is called retailforyou. He has 90 reviews all positive and 33 current listings. Still I’m just not sure how you protect yourself buying new stuff. I only ever bought used stuff I can see. He’s obviously not gonna want me to open it. So no way to know.

Last time I sold an electronic thing over FB Marketplace was a Monitor, the buyer asked me if I can show him the monitor running so there's no dead pixels, I didn't take his money until he was satisfied.

Granted, I let that person into my house, that person you're buying from may not do that, so that's a different matter.

Last edited:

kikkis

For those who game only on xbox why did you choose it. For me it was cheaper preorders from keysellers, game pass, cheaper console than ps5, better controller and I had ps4 last gen but apart from bloodborne and u4 fabled ps exclusives were meh. And frankly sonys output has been pretty much as anemic as xboxs this gen.

adamsapple

600+ items on sale today, haven't gone through the list yet.

a9SKLxF.jpg

For those who game only on xbox why did you choose it. For me it was cheaper preorders from keysellers, game pass, cheaper console than ps5, better controller and I had ps4 last gen but apart from bloodborne and u4 fabled ps exclusives were meh. And frankly sonys output has been pretty much as anemic as xboxs this gen.

I have both consoles now, but Xbox was the easy first choice mostly because of game pass. It continues to be the most valuable deal in gaming right now and ensures that I'll have an Xbox for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
I also game on PC, but the main reasons I only have an Xbox Series console is that it has improved backwards compatibility (Forza Horizon 4, Ninja Gaiden II, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 are incredible) and quick resume.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Oh, thanks. I didn't notice it was on. I think it is time for me to get El Paso Elsewhere and do some research to get a few more.
I loved it, but I have an important couple of caveats.
1) The difficulty gets way too hard around level 36. At that point, I actually just turned the speed down in the options to 0.6x speed. It made the whole thing slower, and in my head canon matched the story if you wait until late to do that since he is continually under more stress.
2) There's 50 levels and some of it is padding.

Overall though, the game is great. I loved it.

kikkis

I don't know if this xbox or cod issue, but I had already deselected mw3 and mw2 campaigns, but it decided to re download everything meaning I had to have 300gb of space. Also deselecting them makes xbox download something more even thoug it should probably just uninstall that.

DaGwaphics

Screenshot-2024-01-19-173209.png

Good to see. Goes to show you that where you rank among your competitors doesn't tell the whole story. Strange to see that this tidbit hasn't gained much traction on the board. :messenger_winking_tongue:

The discount pricing helped them a great deal. Maybe they should think about not upgrading the base storage on the cost reduced model and instead see if they can find a way to nudge the price down.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Looks like Xbox have lucked into an amazing exclusive by-default with Palworld.

Hope they pay the developers a pretty penny for allowing the game on Game Pass.

DaGwaphics

They seem to have a lot of different payout models for GP. If they have a deal based on some kind of engagement numbers, they'll probably do really well. Assuming that the game gains traction on console the way it has on PC.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
They seem to have a lot of different payout models for GP. If they have a deal based on some kind of engagement numbers, they'll probably do really well.

Keep seeing people claim it's some kind of MS marketing deal keeping the game off PS5, but the Dev's FAQ said they weren't even developing a PS5 version.

Punished Miku

Gold Member

They consistently pick indies that wind up as GOTY tier games year after year before they have any buzz or marketing. Its not luck. Their GP team have phenomenal taste in games and really can spot gems.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Keep seeing people claim it's some kind of MS marketing deal keeping the game off PS5, but the Dev's FAQ said they weren't even developing a PS5 version.

IIRC their last game was also an Xbox console exclusive like forever or something to that effect, right?

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
IIRC their last game was also an Xbox console exclusive like forever or something to that effect, right?

They never ported Craftopia to PlayStation, no.

I think they're primarily PC devs, but it's not hard to port from that to Xbox so that's why they do Xbox only. It's not some nefarious marketing deal like people are still claiming Craftopia is under.

Top Bottom