• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gunman Clive ( iOS, Android, PC, 3DS ) - In 18XX even the ducks are deadly

beril

ycb3D.jpg

Featured in the top spot in the games category!

I have to admit it's having a really nice effect on sales so far

Great to see your game up there. Bought it instantly when it was released. Did not play much so far though. I'm really digging the art style. It's so lovely.

Featured in the top spot in the games category!

I have to admit it's having a really nice effect on sales so far

The drastic spike in sales on the Play Store page really is something. The bar goes from little bumps at the bottom to a gigantic spike. Hopefully you've bought yourself something nice! I was day-one.

Salsa

stopping by to say I got this on android and im really enjoying it. I ussually hate this kind of control but for some reason I had 0 issues here.

Performance isnt great but thats my halaxy ace's fault.

really hope it comes to steam so i can double dip. they ussually advice to keep submitting and trying to reach them when you get ignored, so stay on it

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I was playing this the other day and it was impossible to jump while moving horizontally. Basically made it unplayable. :(

stopping by to say I got this on android and im really enjoying it. I ussually hate this kind of control but for some reason I had 0 issues here.

Performance isnt great but thats my halaxy ace's fault.

really hope it comes to steam so i can double dip. they ussually advice to keep submitting and trying to reach them when you get ignored, so stay on it

idk about android version, but on ios you can turn down effects or something to boost performance.

Chopper

This is a great game, and well worth picking up, free or not. The art style looks amazing in motion. Really took me by surprise on my S2.

beril

I figured it might be time to start talking about what I've been working on for the last few weeks.

PAVBX.jpg

No release date yet; I've just initiated the process of getting the game approved for eShop and I also plan to add additional content and do some redesign to fit the hardware (ie figure out what to do with the second screen). But it looks like I'll be able to run it at 60fps in 3D with 2x AA without too much trouble. though the games artstyle looks a bit weird in 3D.

Wow, that's great news, beril. Looks like I'll be buying it for a third time. :p

Are you going to push again for a Steam release once that Greenlight program starts?

Ha! Great news - glad the game has been (apparently?) successful enough thus far to let you bring it to another platform (and one I own :) )

Spierek

Gonna grab this day 1 when (if) it gets on the Steam train, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a successful Greenlight.

beril

Wow, that's great news, beril. Looks like I'll be buying it for a third time. :p

Are you going to push again for a Steam release once that Greenlight program starts?

Yes there'll be a pretty special push for that. there'll be more news about that later

Have you considered PSMobile or any other Vita SDK?

A Vita version would make sense; maybe even more so than 3DS, because the game isn't really suited for 3D and the artstyle works better in higher resolutions (though with AA it looks pretty nice on 3DS as well), but there's no plans right now, and I haven't really looked into Vita as a platform, and I'm not sure what the downloadable scene on the platform is like. PSMobile is out because there is just no way that I'll rewrite all the code to C#.

Agent X

I'd love to see a Vita version! I've got the Android version already, which I enjoyed greatly at first, but ultimately I struggled too much with the touch-screen controls. I'd really be enthused about a Vita version if it means I could play it with an actual joypad and buttons.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
How did you get approval from Nintendo and a devkit? How hard is porting from Android to 3DS?

beril said:
A Vita version would make sense; maybe even more so than 3DS, because the game isn't really suited for 3D and the artstyle works better in higher resolutions (though with AA it looks pretty nice on 3DS as well), but there's no plans right now, and I haven't really looked into Vita as a platform, and I'm not sure what the downloadable scene on the platform is like. PSMobile is out because there is just no way that I'll rewrite all the code to C#.

shoot me a DM if you'd like to talk about a Vita version. :)

(i'll probably shoot you one anyhow.)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This is coming to eShop ? Great - already own it on Andoird and iOS though - but playing it again with a D-Pad might be worth it.

beril

The 3DS version is up on the European eShop now, for 2€. The American version will be out on January 3

JoeFu

Banned
Beril did you scrap the additional content like you indicated you might a few months ago?

I'll probably buy the game anyways but stuff not in the phone version would be cool.

Zeth

Congrats on the eShop release! Really enjoy your game.

Edit: one of the best game trailers I've seen btw :p

Dascu

The 3DS version is up on the European eShop now, for 2€. The American version will be out on January 3

Oh cool. I got it from the Greenlight Bundle a while ago and enjoyed it (other than the meteor level at the end).

beril

Beril did you scrap the additional content like you indicated you might a few months ago?

I'll probably buy the game anyways but stuff not in the phone version would be cool.

There's a bit of extra content, but not as much as I had originally planned.

There's two new playable characters, one selectable from the start (which isn't very different from playing as Clive and, to be completely honest, isn't as much fun) and another that you unlock after the beating game, that mixes up the gameplay a bit more.

Top Bottom