• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guns N’ Roses Confirmed To Reunite For Coachella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather see the Tupac hologram again.

Stereogum said:
After months of increasingly loud rumors, now it’s official: A version of Guns N’ Roses featuring Axl Rose and Slash will tour next year. Billboard confirms via “multiple sources” that GNR will headline both weekends of Coachella in April followed by “as many as 25 football stadiums in North America in the summer of 2016.” GNR are also expected to be one of the first bands to play the new Las Vegas Arena, which opens 4/6. These shows would mark Rose and Slash’s first performances together since 7/17/93. Reps for the band and Coachella have not returned requests for comment, but it seems safe to get stoked. (Or not.)

strafer

I don't know about this. Even with Slash they won't sound like golden era Guns.

And Axl will probably be 1 hour late.

commedieu

Banned
maxresdefault.jpg

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Hope they play Europe at some point, I'll go to see them with blind faith.

Fewr

No thanks. I went to see them years ago, arrived at 9pm thinking I was late. Their show started at 1.30am. I could only stay for a few songs because I had to go to work the next day.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I've heard Axl's voice recently and I can safely say I would rather hear Myles Kennedy than Axl, even if I would realistically pay way more just to see the full band.

I was going to say this would've been cool 15 years ago but Axl's voice was already shot back then. He's looking more and more like my brother.

I think it's pretty safe to assume Duff and Izzy are in. They've both played with GnR in recent years and never had the same rift with Axl that Slash did. Who plays drums, though, man, I don't know.

Supposedly the latest word was that Izzy is out. He never really tours extensively, and was the first to drop out during the Use Your Illusion tour. Yes, he's played a few shows here and there with Axl, but never heavy touring.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think it's pretty safe to assume Duff and Izzy are in. They've both played with GnR in recent years and never had the same rift with Axl that Slash did. Who plays drums, though, man, I don't know.

It pretty much has to be either Matt Sorum or Steven Adler, but I think Axl would take issue with bringing Adler.

Supposedly the latest word was that Izzy is out. He never really tours extensively, and was the first to drop out during the Use Your Illusion tour. Yes, he's played a few shows here and there with Axl, but never heavy touring.

I wouldn't be surprised if they simply used one of the current guys and just didn't bother to mention them in the adcopy. I mean, sure, they could get Gilby Clarke, but I don't really see the point when he's no more a member of GN'R than any of the guys in Axl's version of the band are.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
It pretty much has to be either Matt Sorum or Steven Adler, but I think Axl would take issue with bringing Adler.

Yeah, I really can't imagine Adler being involved in this, so I'm guessing it'll be Sorum. That would make sense anyway, since he drummed on most of the classic catalog.

Still hope Izzy is involved in some capacity, though. Break out 14 Years, dudes.

Angry Grimace

Yeah, I really can't imagine Adler being involved in this, so I'm guessing it'll be Sorum. That would make sense anyway, since he drummed on most of the classic catalog.

Still hope Izzy is involved in some capacity, though. Break out 14 Years, dudes.

I mean, kind of.

In a way it doesn't *really* matter. Neither Adler or Sorum actually did anything when it comes to writing the albums. Sorum showed up to the UYI recordings after Adler had been fired for his inability to drum while high (all of the songs were done) and TSI? was a covers album.

So, which one of them is running out of money?

None of them are particularly broke. Axl's making a killing off of touring and Slash has actually sold more records than Axl's version of the band ever did.

Axl's worth a fucking shitload too, so even with losing money on Chinese Democracy, he's still worth a ton.

-Eddman-

If Izzy is on board and Axl gets the Mark Hamill treatment, sure, it could be interesting. Slash is actually performing better these days thanks to being sober (or at least not on heroine).

But we all know the tour will end abruptly when Axl gets angry for some minor shit with the audience or something.

If Izzy is on board and Axl gets the Mark Hamill treatment, sure, it could be interesting. Slash is actually playing performing better these days thanks to being sober (or at least not on heroine).

But we all know the tour will end abruptly when Axl gets angry for some minor shit with the audience or something.

Mark Hamill treatment? Axl no longer being a fat fuck isn't going to repair his voice.

I don't know about this. Even with Slash they won't sound like golden era Guns.

And Axl will probably be 1 hour late.

1 hour? Most bands are an hour late. More like 6 hours. Watched "GNR" on the Marc Cuban channel and it was the worst. Lots of filler with spotlight solos. Interested in this.

Glass Joe

The rumors I'd been reading were claiming the band would be Axl, Slash, and Duff as the originals. And Dizzy Reed, that keyboardist who joined during the Illusions. Richard Fortus (guitar) and Frank Ferrer (drums) of the Nu-GNR line-up would be staying on board. So presumably no Izzy, unless he joins the band on stage for a song or two on select dates. Maybe they could do the same for Adler since they'd probably be too afraid of him going off the deep end again. Can't risk an advertised "full time" original member screwing things up in the early going.

The rumor seems reasonable enough. Not sure why no Sorum but maybe some band members aren't fond of him.

Couldn't they just leave Axl out and just jam band G&R's greatest hits? Or at least find a suitable replacement from a cover band?

If you know the audience at coachella I can't imagine anyone gives a shit about this terrible ass band. At the drive in reuniting at the festival was fucking rad though when I went.

Couldn't they just leave Axl out and just jam band G&R's greatest hits? Or at least find a suitable replacement from a cover band?

well, that's basically Velvet Revolver. but Scott Weiland couldn't sing Axl's songs, so... Still valid.

Hope they don't go into studio to make a new album. World on fire was so good, with songs like Unholy and Iris of the storm. It would be a crime not to continue on that.

-Eddman-

If you know the audience at coachella I can't imagine anyone gives a shit about this terrible ass band. At the drive in reuniting at the festival was fucking rad though when I went.

lol, Axl was still selling out arenas with his cover band and washed out voice. A full reunion will bring people no matter the age or musical taste. Some will be there for the music, some others to watch the drama, but they will be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom