• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guns N’ Roses Confirmed To Reunite For Coachella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rival

Gold Member
The band that last played together in 1993 is not the same band we will be seeing in 2016. This will not end well but I do want to see it.

How many concerts will they play before Slash whips his guitar at Axel's head?

EDIT:

“as many as 25 football stadiums in North America in the summer of 2016.”

That seems optimistic, but maybe I am underestimating people giving Axel just one more shot not to be a dick.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Everyone says his weight doesn't matter, but it totally does. Dude can't sing because he's out of breath within 10 seconds of opening his mouth. I've watched enough of his material to see it.

Slash will do his duty. Axl will ruin this with his ego - be it not showing up for rehearsals, not showing up to gigs on time, etc etc.

Sobriquet

I want to see this just for the disaster potential. I saw them a couple of times in their prime so I'm not worried about it.

Glass Joe

They had only one really good album. I never got why they were so popular especially after they broke up.

They were probably so popular "especially" after they broke up for that very reason... They went out near their peak of popularity. That means they didn't have a string of dud albums like so many other bands to turn people off. Also fans couldn't see them live for years & years as the (real lineup) weren't touring post 1993.

They had only one really good album. I never got why they were so popular especially after they broke up.

The fuck is this revisionist bs?

Between Use Your Illusion 1 and 2 there's at least another 12 great songs there. Some of the rest are good, a few decent, couple clunkers.

Arguably their biggest song, November Rain, is on UYI 1.

Not to mention their EP between Appetite and UYI is a really good album, too. Not great, but good for what it was.

tumblr_mtpo0gp5S61siaq1oo1_400.gif

Cranster

Banned
The fuck is this revisionist bs?

Between Use Your Illusion 1 and 2 there's at least another 12 great songs there. Some of the rest are good, a few decent, barely any clunkers.

Arguably their biggest song, November Rain, is on UYI 1.

Not to mention their EP between Appetite and UYI is a really good album, too. Not great, but good for what it was.
That isn't revisonist history though. UYI 1 & 2 while having some great songs doesn't make them great records if they have clunkers. They should have kept it to one album and cut the filler.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
That isn't revisonist history though. UYI 1 & 2 while having some great songs doesn't make them great records if they have clunkers. They should have kept it to one album and cut the filler.

if someone is a fan of a band, i don't see why they should care 25 years later were the songs they like on one or two discs. and many great albums have bad songs.

ThisGuy

And as we venture deep into the wilderness of the intranets we may catch a glimpse of some foreign and strange creatures.

What's this?! Oh look, edginess maximus!

Such a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom