• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gust announces Blue Reflection for PS4, Vita

Blue-Reflection-Ann-Fami_08-23-16_001.jpg

The latest issues of Weekly Famitsu and Dengeki PlayStation have first details on Blue Reflection: Sword of the Girl Who Dances in Illusions, a new title from Gust for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita featuring character design and supervision by Mel Kishida, who previously did character design for Atelier Rorona, Atelier Totori, and Atelier Meruru.

Further details have yet to be released or leak from the magazine,

image: http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Blue-Reflection-Ann-Fami_08-23-16_002.jpg
Blue Reflection: Sword of the Girl Who Dances in Illusions

Blue Reflection is the third project part of Gust’s three-game “Beautiful Girls Festival.” The first project is Atelier Firis: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Journey, and the second project is seemingly Nights of Azure 2.
http://gematsu.com/2016/08/gust-announces-blue-reflection-ps4-ps-vita

Famitsu and Dengeki provided a 3D model of one of the game’s characters, which Dengeki says is how the character looks when running on PlayStation 4
Blue-Reflection-Ann-Fami_08-23-16_002.jpg

update
■ Specs

Genre: Heroic RPG
Release Date: TBA
Development Progress: 30%
Character Design: Mel Kishida
Series Organization: Keiichi Sigsawa, Yusaku Igarashi, Kouji Natsumi
Producer: Junzo Hosoi

■ Overview

Blue Reflection depicts girls growing through heartfelt interaction. It is a life-sized projection of youth that wavers between the ordinary and extraordinary with bonds—the substance of interaction between people—as its core theme.

■ Characters

Hinako Shirai (voiced by Yuki Takada)

The protagonist. A young girl who has garnered attention as a young and up-and-coming ballet dancer. A year ago, she decided to compete in a contest that would be her gateway to success as a ballet dancer, but injured her foot and was unable to compete. Since then, she has been unable to dance. While she has currently sealed her heart, she believes that her foot will one day heal and she will be able to dance again.

As the boring days pass, Hinako one day encounters two girls who grant her a mysterious, magical power that transforms her into a “Reflector” and gives her the ability to fight.

As long as she fights as a Reflector, her foot may one day heal. Hinako continues to fight for that selfish reason. But before long, she begins to notice. Who is she fighting? What is the real meaning of this fighting? And then—the fight that will change the world…

When transformed into a Reflector, Hinako’s appearance changes. Her hair becomes blonde and the color of each eye is different. She fights wielding a glass-like, transparent sword.

Yutsuki Tsukasaki and Raiyume Tsukasaki (voiced by Marika Kouno and Sawako Hata)

The two girls that appear before Hinako are sisters Yutsuki Tsukasaki and Raiyume Tsukasaki. They grant Hinako the Reflector power.

Misc.

The magazine introduces a number of students that appear as your classmates. You can deepen your bonds with your classmates by interacting with them. Your bonds with these people are a major theme of the game.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
That character model actually looks like an illustration, holy creeples.

Gust are king at that of course, but seeing it on a girl in a non fantasy setting is just crazy

crinale

Lol they hired Mel back. Good to see him again in this industry (lately he has gone back to TV industry for a while).

Falk

that puzzling face
3D model great, looks like concept art brought to life

Animation <????>, ruins everything

Gust in a nutshell

Durante

Gust, cream of the crop anime character models and rendering IQ ever since Atelier Totori.

3D model great, looks like concept art brought to life

Animation <????>, ruins everything

Gust in a nutshell
Animation is overrated.

(not really, but I personally care about IQ first, model and texture quality second, effects third and animation after all of that)

Falk

that puzzling face
Gust, cream of the crop anime character models and rendering IQ ever since Atelier Totori.

Animation is overrated.

(not really, but I personally care about IQ first, model and texture quality second, effects third and animation after all of that)

Right... I'm in this love-hate relationship with GUST 3D models, because on one hand, they're great enough at capturing the essence of the concept art that they *should* be a suitable replacement.

On the other, going from Arland trilogy's 2D busts to Dusk trilogy and its hilariously stilted animation in dialogue sequences leaves something a lot to be desired, and has been only marginally getting better through the entire console generation.

It's like, I want to say "go back to 2D busts" but then the 3D models are so good I can't.

wapplew

Gust stay king of making 3D model that match 2D character illustration.
Bamco need to learn from them for Tales series.

New IP!
Mel Kishida X Gust is back!

Already looks more interesting to me than that Yoru no nai kuni 2 game. :p Looking forward to learning more about it.

Also excited for the music, Gust! I need more lovely Hayato Asano tracks!!!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Yoru no Nai Kuni = Nights of Azure 2

Ni no Kuni II is a different game. =P (And yes it looks amazing.)

Its a joking refrence to the the announcement thread of Nights of Azure, which had tons of people coming in thinking it was a thread about Ni No Kuni

I don't get this, is it a visual novel?

It's a RPG

Overview

Blue Reflection depicts girls growing through heartfelt interaction. It is a life-sized projection of youth that wavers between the ordinary and extraordinary with bonds—the substance of interaction between people—as its core theme.

As long as she fights as a Reflector, her foot may one day heal. Hinako continues to fight for that selfish reason. But before long, she begins to notice. Who is she fighting? What is the real meaning of this fighting? And then—the fight that will change the world…

When transformed into a Reflector, Hinako’s appearance changes. Her hair becomes blonde and the color of each eye is different. She fights wielding a glass-like, transparent sword.

The magazine introduces a number of students that appear as your classmates. You can deepen your bonds with your classmates by interacting with them. Your bonds with these people are a major theme of the game.

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/gust-announces-blue-reflection-ps4-ps-vita

Saphirax

I don't get this, is it a visual novel?

&#9632; Specs

&#9632; Overview

&#9632; Characters

Hinako Shirai (voiced by Yuki Takada)

The protagonist. A young girl who has garnered attention as a young and up-and-coming ballet dancer. A year ago, she decided to compete in a contest that would be her gateway to success as a ballet dancer, but injured her foot and was unable to compete. Since then, she has been unable to dance. While she has currently sealed her heart, she believes that her foot will one day heal and she will be able to dance again.

As the boring days pass, Hinako one day encounters two girls who grant her a mysterious, magical power that transforms her into a “Reflector” and gives her the ability to fight.

Yutsuki Tsukasaki and Raiyume Tsukasaki (voiced by Marika Kouno and Sawako Hata)

The two girls that appear before Hinako are sisters Yutsuki Tsukasaki and Raiyume Tsukasaki. They grant Hinako the Reflector power.

Misc.

Atelier Persona: The Alchemist of the Midnight Channel

I mean, if this is what we get, with the implied quality of gameplay/style, then DAY GODDAMNED ONE. I'm imagining something more wistful and VN-like, though. Who knows what "heartfelt" means in this context, though, for all I know it could be "rubbing schoolgirl boobs simulator 2016" (though Gust has been pretty good in the past about not being super-duper pander-y, kind of?)

Curious to see how Gust's usual style translates to what looks like a modern-day environment, and happy to see Mel Kishida back doing stuff. In general, not much to go on yet (how does it play? how grounded is the story/setting? is it actually Gust's Persona or something else? etc.)

Jeffrey

Nice art, reminds me of love plus (w/e happen to that franchise?).

Skirt seems a bit short though, I assume its for pantsu antics with the jump button >.>"

ps4/vita = ps2 environment textures. Could be neat.

Tohsaka

Nice art, reminds me of love plus (w/e happen to that franchise?).

Skirt seems a bit short though, I assume its for pantsu antics with the jump button >.>"

ps4/vita = ps2 environment textures. Could be neat.

I think the main people behind it left Konami.

Eusis

So... like Tokyo Xanadu for Falcom, this is Gust's attempt to go into that modern day with the supernatural field that Persona 3 and 4 popularized (while 1 and 2 and the rest of the MegaTen umbrella got kinda ignored)?

EDIT: This really isn't a con by the way, I actually do kind of like that sort of thing though I do prefer the darker vibe Persona and other MegaTen games usually carry with it.

OldMuffin

So am I mistaken in thinking this a magical girl jrpg? And one that seems to be similar to puella magi madoka magica and yuki yuno is a hero, where by there is more going on than meets the eye?

Top Bottom