• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gust announces Blue Reflection for PS4, Vita

Cornbread78

Just saw them as well and if they're real then those are some of the best 3D models ever. They run circles around anything else Gust has ever made.

All of the characters in Famitsu are female. Could be an all girls school.

So this will be Yuri, just like Nights of Azure, won't it?

Rymuth

29003163800_10a78bced2_o.jpg

28670642803_aa88239aff_z.jpg

28670642013_54f4995749_o.jpg

29003161840_52c6afb68b_z.jpg

29003161470_6129280ca8_o.jpg

28670642593_f75e07d5f7_o.jpg

Servbot24

Banned
In terms of generic anime style (don't mean that in a bad way) translated to a game, that's some of the best I've ever seen.

Jeffrey

I like the semi realistic hair look.

Now that I think about it. Anime games typically have garbage looking hair. Just doesn't translate well from 2d to 3d.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Uhhh..is that all real time? THat looks significantly better than anything i've seen out of gust both environment and effects wise

androvsky

Uhhh..is that all real time? THat looks significantly better than anything i've seen out of gust both environment and effects wise

Well, it's definitely using real time assets, check the low-poly chair backs. Maybe Gust is messing around with Unreal Engine 4?

Exactly. Damn it, Japan—make proper yuri games, and not just "undertones" BS!

How does this game look so good so far? Is this some new team calling itself Gust that stole the identity of the old studio?
Don't worry, I have a feeling it'll start feeling like Gust when we see it in motion. That gorgeous hair will be carved out of titanium.

Fake edit: Yeah, it's clipping through her shoulder in the Sailor Moon pose. So, uh, rejoice that it looks real-time I guess? For the record, I'm super hyped for this, and pretty much everything Gust does.

androvsky

Gust once again surprising with their perfect models.
Wonder if we'll see this at TGS..

Just realized TGS is after the Neo reveal. Hopefully they'll throw in some shots of what neo mode will look like, assuming it's not just for a more stable framerate.

Beartruck

Ugh, that battle outfit Is hideous. Gust is starting to have some really good character models, and their games have really interesting mechanics, I just wish they followed their old shoujo style more instead of their new, more otaku-baity style.

Ugh, that battle outfit Is hideous. Gust is starting to have some really good character models, and their games have really interesting mechanics, I just wish they followed their old shoujo style more instead of their new, more otaku-baity style.
I'm not seeing anything otaku baity
Looks like Sailor Moon to me.

Beartruck

I'm not seeing anything otaku baity
Looks like Sailor Moon to me.
Yeah, maybe my wording was too strong. It was mostly the magazine cover that made it look like her outfit was made of crumpled hankerchiefs (seems a little better in the in game screen shots). Its probably just residual frustration from Plachta's outfit in Atelier sophie.

Yeah, maybe my wording was too strong. It was mostly the magazine cover that made it look like her outfit was made of crumpled hankerchiefs (seems a little better in the in game screen shots). Its probably just residual frustration from Plachta's outfit in Atelier sophie.
yeah even though I don't really mind I won't defend Plachta

This definitely seems like the least fanservicey Gust game in a while though. so far at least

wapplew

Mahou Shoujo to the max lol.

And now, lets hope for proper animation, texture, and nice looking backgrounds. 3D model is not something i am afraid from GUST here. All the other things lol.

Its on Vita too, background and texture going to be flat as hell.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

It doesn't look like that on the pictures up there. Perhaps they started with PS4 in mind and are making downscaled assets for Vita specifically

What is a "heroic rpg"? What differentiates a heroic rpg from your typical Jrpg?

Japanese devs like to make up genre names. Here's some info

This game is based on the concept of interaction between girls. In high school, everyone experiences fun, joys, sorrows, unarticulated anxiety, and fear. As the protagonist progresses through the game, she’ll have such experiences and become deeply involved with many of her classmates. She’ll make friends, cry for the sake of others, and sometimes friendships will even be broken. By continuing these interactions, the protagonist will grow and gain both strength as a human being and confidence in the power of friendship. Through Mel Kishida, Keiichi Sigsawa, Yusaku Igarashi, and Kouji Natsumi, a new genre of “heroic RPG” is born, where modern day high school, beautiful girls, and fantasy collide.

yeah it still doesn't make sense to me either

I doubt the Vita version is the only reason for low res textures and bad geometry. Gust is a low/mid-budget developer and their games don't really sell boatloads.

Making good graphics is expensive.

Personally I really like that they focus their efforts on character models.

Eusis

Exactly. Damn it, Japan—make proper yuri games, and not just "undertones" BS!

How does this game look so good so far? Is this some new team calling itself Gust that stole the identity of the old studio?
Given how the gay stuff in Persona 2 IS got rewritten some for PSP I actually wonder if CERO is getting in the way of homosexual representation? CERO seems like more of a bane than the ESRB has been when it comes to necessary evils.

Japan's also been really weird in how some things can be more AND less OK at the same time.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood

Sayonara Hope. Welcome Darkness.T_T

Oh please, it's really funny how the word vita is able to scare some ps4 owners, without understanding that:

a)some games are on ps4 BECAUSE they are also on vita(digimon, toukiden etc)
b)gust games always had bad environment textures, even before they started making games for vita(look at various vanilla atelier games)
c)graphics is mostly a matter of budget, not of hardware
d)most of the multis ps4 and vita were downgraded on vita meaning that the game were made with the ps4 in mind

I really don't understand this fear of vita if not just for the sake of hating.

Screen shots are stunning, looks just like artwork but I'm holding out till I see it in motion. Gusts animations aren't exactly great.

Top Bottom