• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy accidentally buys 11 years of PS+

Arthimura

The only problem is that he bought the 3-month membership, if it was 12-month memberships it wouldn't be so bad.

He will be ready for PS5 and for the first years of PS6 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
i tried to cancel an auto-renew for one year that i turned off, but for some reason wasnt anymore. I called them the same day it happened, and they gave me such a hard time that i had to keep it even if i wasnt using ps4 anymore.

This guy is stuck with this.

Last edited:

JSoup

Banned
I have it setup so that Everytime I buy something it asks for my password. No way to spam that.

This comes with other concerns, though.
If you keep entering wrong passwords rapidly, your account will be locked. That takes a long phone call to Sony support to undo.

TheMan

If he did a chargeback I think they'll ban him. They probably would have been more understanding if he had called them directly to resolve

Mithos

1. Turn on PS4
2. Connect DS4 to PC with a USB cable
3. Press the PS button on DS4 so it connects wirelessly to PS4.

Now all the inputs from your DS4 will go to both PC and PS4 at the same time :messenger_beaming: enjoy

Yup, accidentally deleted ESO from my PS4 this way, after download being 95% finished...

How the heck 3 months is 33$?

when 12 months is maybe twice of that?

well, lesson learnt to him I guess.

these 3 month subs are just madness, why ever buy it when 12 is 45-60€ and probably same on dollars?

I usually buy 2-3 years when I see it around 40€ for 12 months, once I bought 4 years I think.

ManaByte

1. Turn on PS4
2. Connect DS4 to PC with a USB cable
3. Press the PS button on DS4 so it connects wirelessly to PS4.

Now all the inputs from your DS4 will go to both PC and PS4 at the same time :messenger_beaming: enjoy

That's why I have a separate Bluetooth Xbox One controller just for my PC and it's only paired to the PC.

Kev Kev

Zlbv.gif

Shakka43

The only problem is that he bought the 3-month membership, if it was 12-month memberships it wouldn't be so bad.
That would've actually been worse, much worse. Instead of spending the $1,000 he would've ended up at almost $2000 if the charges were each of $60 instead of $33.

Alphagear

Might be a bargain in the long run.

Who knows what Sony will be charging for PS+ in the future.

Personally I have password required at checkout enabled. Better safe than sorry.

Last edited:

DonF

I have it set up so that i don't have my card added to PSN lol.

I buy PSN digital codes from amazon, and PS+ codes from third parties which usually have them cheaper.
I do the same, but I also happen to have change in the psn wallet sometimes. Still, the options is there, free stuff don't ask for password, so it's useful.

JimboJones

This could be avoided if PC gamers were to use Xbox controllers on PC rather than PlayStation controllers; I use one of my Xbox One X controllers with my PC. Besides, it makes sense to pair a Microsoft product (i.e. Xbox controller) with another Microsoft product (i.e. Microsoft Windows).
DS4 is actually a really good PC controller though, has great gyro functionality that steam make can use of.

longdi

Banned
$1000 for 11 years aint that bad, he has beated and lockin inflation on his entertainment.

Ps+ prices will definitely go up by 2030

Silentbomber

Neo Member
what I don't get why/how did he not notice that his controller was having no response ? and just continued to hit x ? for like 50 PSN purchases ? which take a few seconds to load every page. So this guy was just on his controller hammering x for something like 15 minutes ?

down 2 orth

what I don't get why/how did he not notice that his controller was having no response ? and just continued to hit x ? for like 50 PSN purchases ? which take a few seconds to load every page. So this guy was just on his controller hammering x for something like 15 minutes ?

It's cuz you are getting a response from your controller. While you are playing the PC game, there is no indication that the controller is simultaneously sending input to both your PC and your PS4.

Gamerguy84

Every time I buy something I get a text on my phone with a number I have to put in to complete the purchase.

2FA is a small pain but I feel protected by it

Kagey K

Banned
Eh, he was going to subscribe that long anyway, and now he’s protected if they decide to hike the price.

He should just let it ride.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I clearly remember something similar happening at the beginning of the generation. People (yes, apparently multiple people) had their PS3 controller connected via USB to PS4 and sending inputs wirelessly to the PS3. Bunch of people ended up involuntarily buying the latest FIFA game on their PS3s, if we are to believe the story :messenger_tears_of_joy:

EDIT: it was actually the other way around, here’s the story:
People accidentally buy stuff on PS4, Sony does not offer refunds.

Last edited:
Top Bottom