• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy accidentally buys 11 years of PS+

Kagey K

Banned
I clearly remember something similar happening at the beginning of the generation. People (yes, apparently multiple people) had their PS3 controller connected via USB to PS4 and sending inputs wirelessly to the PS3. Bunch of people ended up involuntarily buying the latest FIFA game on their PS3s, if we are to believe the story :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Why does it always end up on the buy PS+ page from home if they are doing normal game inputs away from the console?

This is the part I don’t get. How do they not accidentally start a game or a movie instead?

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Why does it always end up on the buy PS+ page from home if they are doing normal game inputs away from the console?

This is the part I don’t get. How do they not accidentally start a game or a movie instead?
The inputs at the start of many games are pretty similar. If the store icon is just a click away, it’s not that far-fetched that those inputs could open the shop and select one of the items at the forefront. Then, seeing that in most games you’ll usually press the Confirm button many times more than the Cancel button, it’s not unlikely you’d keep selecting the same item again and again. With digital games the system will prevent you from buying a game a second time, but with subscriptions...

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
If he did a chargeback then yes, he will be banned, they are non compromising on this.

You gotta love when the most successful console manufacturer is the least consumer friendly.

Are you really sure Sony still doesn't help people regarding this though?

Kagey K

Banned
The inputs at the start of many games are pretty similar. If the store icon is just a click away, it’s not that far-fetched that those inputs could open the shop and select one of the items at the forefront. Then, seeing that in most games you’ll usually press the Confirm button many times more than the Cancel button, it’s not unlikely you’d keep selecting the same item again and again. With digital games the system will prevent you from buying a game a second time, but with subscriptions...
I didn’t realize most games try to sell you PSN. Must be a way different system then I’m used to.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
It's good to get all that PS+. Free games and great service, you can't go wrong.

Good luck with the PlayStation 5.

Kagey K

Banned
Somebody said it seems natural that it ends up in this page, but I still don’t believe it.

Anyone with a PS4 want to stream from thier dash and show how easy it is to land on the PS+ buy page while hitting random button presses?

I feel like this should be a twitch plays “Twitch buys PS+”

Last edited:

angelic

Banned
He'll get it back, I asked for a refund on a game and they said if you downloaded it, then no, otherwise yes. 11 years of 3x montly cards, easy refund.

kuncol02

Banned

Confirmation bias. You don't hear about people starting games or movies by accident because there is nothing to talk about in that.

Kagey K

Banned
Confirmation bias. You don't hear about people starting games or movies by accident because there is nothing to talk about in that.
Yeah but 11 years, what game are they playing that they wouldn’t have pressed right or O instead?

Always X left, x left, x left .

Seems fishy.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Yeah but 11 years, what game are they playing that they wouldn’t have pressed right or O instead?

Always X left, x left, x left .

Seems fishy.
It does, yeah.

But even if not true, it’s funny.

And right now any other PS4-related discussion seems to be about TLOU2 and Abby, so I like this one for a change :messenger_grinning_smiling:

jigglet

Banned
How is this possible? I remember trying to stack my yearly memberships and the longest I could go was 3 years. Or am I confusing this with my xbox?

Arthimura

That would've actually been worse, much worse. Instead of spending the $1,000 he would've ended up at almost $2000 if the charges were each of $60 instead of $33.
What i meant is that it would be better to buy 11 years of PS Plus by buying 12-month memberships instead of 3-month memberships, since 3-month membership has a bad cost-beneficy.

Last edited:

Zero7

What if Sony calls it a day after PS5 and pulls all PSN support he's double screwed. This kinda thing is also why I dislike all digital.

LostDonkey

You gotta love when the most successful console manufacturer is the least consumer friendly.

Are you really sure Sony still doesn't help people regarding this though?

If you speak to them first then there maybe a chance.

If he did the chargeback without consulting them then his account is a goner.

Top Bottom