• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy Fieri brings barbecue smoker to Santa Rosa fire evacuation center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people really need to chill the fuck out. I think the people receiving the food probably did not care he was using a smoker and meat on his own dime to feed them. Internet culture just needs to be outraged at something right?

mAcOdIn

He's a douchebag piece of shit opportunist.
Even if that were true, and for all I know it could be, uh, so what? Are we going to implement a charitable purity test now and start refusing aid or donations from people who don't meet our lofty standards of selflessness?

danthefan

This is the dumbest shit I've seen lately, which is saying something. You generally need heat to cook meat. Dumb shits on twitter getting outraged over nonsense as usual. Good on Fieri.

A-fucking-men. I could not believe the absolute shit I was reading in the OP.

You absolute monster, how dare you try to feed these people!

Brewster123

Neo Member
The smoke from that smoker is probably just a drop in the bucket at this point. Plus, I don't think it would be possible to cook that much food without a smoker... Really nice gesture by him.

Raven117

Even if that were true, and for all I know it could be, uh, so what? Are we going to implement a charitable purity test now and start refusing aid or donations from people who don't meet our lofty standards of selflessness?

Without keyboard heroes, where would we be? Truly the white knights of our times to remind us that people are not perfect. Perfection is only reserved for the perfect posts, the perfect blend of cynicism and outrage to justify sitting behind a computer screen and justify lazy fearful inaction to actually fight for a better world.

Davidion

There's at least one in every thread. We could have a thread about Mr. Rogers and someone would call him a piece of shit.

Good on Fieri for helping out.

I'll note that the article highlights a bit of a vacuum around his presence for the rest of the people helping to prep food, but I feel like this is something that organizers can sort out.

But yeah, some people just really dislike the guy I suppose. I say this as someone who takes some stabs at flavortown here and there.

Funny seeing this thread since i was just reading an article titled "Guy Fieri Spent Yesterday Making Nonstop BBQ for California Fire Victims and First Responders"

Man, what an asshole.

TheAuldTriangle

Neo Member
When people talk about "outrage culture", this is it right here.

I'm not familiar with the dudes work, but props to him for feeding people who are probably desperate for a meal. Seriously. A hot meal goes a long fucking way.

jacobeid

Banned
As ridiculous as Guy Fieri is, hard to get mad at a dude who also had to evacuate trying to help some other people out (with a smoker or otherwise).

1000%. If he had to do it again I would suggest maybe looking into another option that doesn't emit visible smoke into the air, but it's entirely possible that given the entire situation that is what he had to work with. He's doing a good thing.

He's a douchebag piece of shit opportunist.

I hope I missed the /s tag somewhere.

My opinion is this, unless any of you shitting on him are actually contributing to the effort in a means that is above and beyond his contribution then kindly sit down and shut up.

sinkfla87

The internet would act the same if say Nickelback discovered the cure for cancer.

"On one hand my cancer can be cured now thanks to Nickleback, on the other hand I'd have to publicly announce that my life was saved by Chad Kroeger. Hmmm... How long would it take for my life insurance to reach my family?"

Good on Guy. Are there any other celebrities (lol) out there helping people? Dude might be cheesy as fuck but he's always seemed okay to me.

"My house was hit by a tornado. No I would not like to use your portable fan in this heatwave. How dare you."

People are sensitive. I understand this situation is traumatic, but he's not making smoke for no reason. He's cooking for people who have lost their homes.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The purity tests for some of this shit is just outrageous.

Good on Guy for getting out there and making a difference.

He's crazy and over the top. I get why his personality night grate on some people. He's definitely not for everyone nor is he someone that's gonna be chef at a Michelin Star restaurant.

He seems to be an overall good dude though, and he's doing good work here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom