• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy pretends PS5 console is Wi-Fi router to sneak it from Wife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airbus Jr

Banned
The PlayStation 5 has been a massive hit for Sony, with many gamers around the world still desperate to get their hands on a console.

So keen are fans to own a PS5 that the near £450 price tag of the system isn't going to be a deal-breaker. However, in the tough financial climate that many of us now live, one man has gone to extraordinary lengths to hide his expensive new console from his family.

Realising that he needed to disguise the console to avoid some awkward questions, Hung told his family the PS5 was actually their new Wi-Fi router.

He then went the extra mile with his lie by covering up the PlayStation logo on the console with a Wi-Fi sticker - and even hired someone to pose as an engineer to 'install' his new equipment.

Hung shared his story in a tongue-in-cheek post on Facebook, in which he gushed about the quality of his internet connection since making the switch. The post included plenty of images of his PS5 to make it clear that Hung was referring to his new console.

"Even though the new Wi-Fi device is a bit big, it’s not a problem," wrote Hung jokingly.

wagIoW4.jpg

Dr.Morris79

If you have to sneak electrical appliances into your own home and lie about them then you got a serious issue on your hands, mate.
I dont know. I've tried it a few times just to avoid ballache. It was when I replaced our 32" inch tv to a 50" 4k beast. It overtook the living room, she noticed that one. Even I was shocked, had to go a bit smaller..

RGB'D

I am so glad I have a healthy relationship with my wife. I see crap like this all the time and it's so obvious that people choose poor life partners.

turtlepowa

Banned
Yeah sure. That's like pretending the Rommel A/C from married with children is the new vacuum cleaner. You don't have to be a tech expert to know that this huge bitch is no router.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

Sounds healthy.
My father is like that but worse. In 2005 he came to us when we were watching TV and said "come, we are moving, bought us a new house in the suburbs." Everybody was like "wtf" and he really meant it and totally expected us to be fine with it and be happy about it. So we left our huge flat in the center of the capital for a medium house in the suburbs. It used to take me 15 minutes to get to school, now it was over an hour, same with my mom and my brother had it even worse, it took him 2 hours because we were to the north and his school was way south. It was maddening. Of course my dad had it great because his company moved right next to our new house so it took him only a few minutes to get to work. And he does stuff like that all the time. Even when I moved to my own home he loves to come unannounced saying "where do you want me to put this 4m sofa?" and I so wish I could tell him "up your ass, you dumb retard." but I obviously can't. One day it is a sofa, the next day a pair of large seats, a new wardrobe, new fridge, bigger TV, bigger bookcase etc. he is insane about this. My mom once joked with our family going something like this
Aunt: "Damn, girl, you got a nice car."
Mom: "Yeah, I got it for Christmas, it is great but it is no Mercedes. haha!"
Aunt: "haha, yeah, but this is still a great car."
Mom: "Yes, it is, I love it."

The next day.

Dad: "What's for lunch? Oh yeah, btw., your new Mercedes will be here in a few days, here is your paperwork."
Mom: "
cdc.jpg
"

Fucking insane, really. I just hate this kind of attitude, so does my mom and my brother and his wife. He also loves to show up at their house and chugging shit in their living room and then complains why nobody praises him for everything he spends his money on.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Bruh, how about...you know...TALKING about it before you put a massive piece of furniture in your family's house?
Sometimes theres a time for talking and sometimes you just get bored of your 1080p tv set and take action.

Action was needed.
Sounds healthy.
Well it was really. Best half hour in ages. It wasnt the telly she was pissed at, it was the size. And to be fair, it was fucking massive for our living room

..Probably a good reason to measure up first.

It's funny but it's also some boomer shit. If you have to ask your wife before you buy yourself a toy, you married the wrong woman lmao.

Moonjt9

The PlayStation 5 has been a massive hit for Sony, with many gamers around the world still desperate to get their hands on a console.

So keen are fans to own a PS5 that the near £450 price tag of the system isn't going to be a deal-breaker. However, in the tough financial climate that many of us now live, one man has gone to extraordinary lengths to hide his expensive new console from his family.

Realising that he needed to disguise the console to avoid some awkward questions, Hung told his family the PS5 was actually their new Wi-Fi router.

He then went the extra mile with his lie by covering up the PlayStation logo on the console with a Wi-Fi sticker - and even hired someone to pose as an engineer to 'install' his new equipment.

Hung shared his story in a tongue-in-cheek post on Facebook, in which he gushed about the quality of his internet connection since making the switch. The post included plenty of images of his PS5 to make it clear that Hung was referring to his new console.

"Even though the new Wi-Fi device is a bit big, it’s not a problem," wrote Hung jokingly.

That video never gets old

Stuart360

I dont know whats worse, the fact that she's so dumb that she would actually believe something as big as PS5 was a bloody router, or the fact that he's such a pussy he has to pretend struff like this.

REDRZA MWS

Stop letting your wife wear the pants. This is only one instance but if she’s going to make all decisions on finanaces or what to do or not to do, recipe for disaster.

Doczu

I have a router that I pretend is a ps5.
Don't most of us have one? 😔

And regarding the topic at hand: i got away once with switching my Wii with a Wii U. Both were black, both used wii motes and both were comparable in size.
Man, it was even super easy with the games. Smash, Mario Kart, NSMB - she couldn't tell the difference.
The jig was up when after a year her brother came for visit, we played an he fucking had tosay "bro, this looks a lot better than on the old Wii!".

She wasn't even mad, thought it was clever and she was embarased she didn't notice it earlier.

Last edited:
What kind of pathetic soyboy relationship is that? If I want to buy something I buy it. I work and I earn my own money. I’m not a child anymore. This is beyond pathetic.

Doczu

Oh and we aint alone in this game. Wifey just told me she's in some fb groups for people using diapers (real old school ones, not those single use shit) and some sewing companies offer you a card in your package "congratulations on winning these diapers" so that their husbands don't know how much they spend. They can really ne expensive

Edgelord79

Gold Member
His wife must be a right fucking bitch.

And he needs to grow a pair of balls, slap his PS5 in front of the TV, kick her in the cunt and DEMAND HIS DINNER.
Or he spends all his money on extra stuff and neglects important things that need money and she has a right to be upset. We really don't know the context to make that claim.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom