• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GW2 GAFGuild | Community Thread

Teknoman

So Sunday is the last day of the first BWE? Man i've gotta get together with the overflow guild and do something. I'll be glad once retail hits and we're all in the same place though.

Ferny

So Sunday is the last day of the first BWE? Man i've gotta get together with the overflow guild and do something. I'll be glad once retail hits and we're all in the same place though.

Yes this! The 100 guild limit really does stink. Not sure why they lowered it from the press beta.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey guys! If you want in to the overflow guild, please post your in-game character name here, or message Hawkian of the Forg.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I know I posted this in the beta thread already but it's too damn cool not to share here too.

Oh my.

iBaTScQIzo9fQ.jpg

H-here I go...

AHHHH!

Perfect entry.

Lion's Arch is awesome. You're given "diving goggles" and you can do tricks while falling. I think I'm just going to hang around here for a while and watch people second guess themselves right before the jump.

Ferny

Ok so now that the BWE is over, I can catch up and update the list. Forgive me all as I was busy dodging and fighting Moas and bunnies :)

Keasar

One thing have recently worried me a lot, its been quite apparent to me whenever trying to join up with a GAF guild in a MMO that a lot of people seem to be playing on NA servers, even if they are from Europe. I wanna play with fellow GAFers in GW2, even in World vs. World PVP, but I don't wanna have to stick to a American home server for that.

Hopefully with the introduction of server guesting it wont turn out like the recent GW2 beta, but I wanted to point out my concern, I think way too much effort is put into the American side of things. Would love for us Euro GAFers to manage a get-together-place too.

Virzeth

I'd love to get a spot on that fancy list, good peope.
tachiSama.1698 from the deep souther Europe (no character name yet), please #addme and feel free to stalk me in-game. I'm a total n00b, it will be hilarious (and/or pathetic).

And...

I know I posted this in the beta thread already but it's too damn cool not to share here too.

Oh my.

H-here I go...

AHHHH!

Perfect entry.

Lion's Arch is awesome. You're given "diving goggles" and you can do tricks while falling. I think I'm just going to hang around here for a while and watch people second guess themselves right before the jump.
That. Is. Hot.

Ferny

Thread has been dead for a bit with no BWE to speak off, but with the beta weekend just upon us, feel free to let us know if you need an invite to the guild.

Ferny

For those that usually go to the end post. We have a Guild/GWCommunity mumble now. The info is as follows

Guild Mumble:
Server Address: atl.eoreality.net
Port: 64742

Retro

Mine name's itsjoncharles.2657. I'm European, though, so are we rolling on Jade Sea? It's gone French.

Yeah, this came up in the OT. I'll copy and paste from there;

I'm not an EU player, but it seems like you guys all want to bail on Jade Sea since it's french now. I would recommend Gandara, as that's the first "G"-named server on the list and isn't language-specific. It was by a fluke that you guys ended up on Jade Sea at all. Since there's fewer EU GAFers (I think), it will probably be easier for you guys to jump to a new server.

So, if it's not too much of a hassle, EU players who don't want to play on Jade Sea should probably head to Gandara. If there's any problem with that, let me know. Jira and Ferny, can we get the appropriate pages updated?

So is this weekend open to everyone or just those who have pre-purchased?

Pre-purchased, a select few who managed to snag a Beta key from various giveaways, and amazon is apparently giving away beta keys for pre-orders. Not sure if that last one is still working, can anyone confirm?

JonCha

Yeah, this came up in the OT. I'll copy and paste from there;

I'm not an EU player, but it seems like you guys all want to bail on Jade Sea since it's french now. I would recommend Gandara, as that's the first "G"-named server on the list and isn't language-specific. It was by a fluke that you guys ended up on Jade Sea at all. Since there's fewer EU GAFers (I think), it will probably be easier for you guys to jump to a new server.

So, if it's not too much of a hassle, EU players who don't want to play on Jade Sea should probably head to Gandara. If there's any problem with that, let me know. Jira and Ferny, can we get the appropriate pages updated?

Pre-purchased, a select few who managed to snag a Beta key from various giveaways, and amazon is apparently giving away beta keys for pre-orders. Not sure if that last one is still working, can anyone confirm?

Cheers Retro. I'll roll on there.

Some people on Gaming are saying it's full, but I'd say see what's it likes tomorrow. Undoubtedly there's a massive rush at the moment.

Deitus

So is this US Gaf server still Henge of Denravi?

Yes.

Also, for those who couldn't get into a server because it was full, you might want to try again.

Mike O Brien said:
World Population Limit Increase

Hey all,

Good news for you. We’ve been evaluating world population limits and we were able to raise them some. Most worlds that were previously full are not full now.

Also don’t forget we have twice as many worlds during BWE2 as we had in BWE1.

~ MO

ReRixo

Banned
ReRixo.3285 playing on EU

What server is everyone on? Last I checked the first server begining with the letter G was full.

edit: just saw there was an update to increase the amount of people on each server. Gandara is now accessible.

So what's the EU server now? :)

Gandara

Ferny

Right now its tough to get invites out because they capped the guild at 100 so we have out overflow guild up. I'm in the process of getting Max or Hawk to throw some invites out though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey everyone! Sorry for the delay.

I'll be adding people to the overflow guild now. Hold tight!

edit: Added like a ton.

Top Bottom