• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GW2 GAFGuild | Community Thread

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ah damn really? That just makes it more confusing for me :(

You can switch home servers once a week, INCL. the beta-weekend. Meaning, you can switch servers exactly once during the beta weekend/any other beta weekend. No worries. ;) (I can try find sources if necessary, but I read it in the other beta thread)

Ryan_

I'd love to join you guys for the beta weekend but since I have to prepurchase Diablo 3 and my weekend is pretty much booked, I'll have to wait for the second weekend.

Still there might be a chance I can play on my cousins account, so does anyone know what server GAF will be on tomorrow? Or is it just one server?

Also,
#addme

Herla

I actually hope on we can share the same Home server. I'm volunteering to test out US home server under the BWE.

I was planning to do the same, with a focus on WvW...this way I'll also avoid spoilers, it would not be the first time I see too much of a game before it even releases. (WAR had, like, more than 1 year of beta.)

Is there cross server chat? Will all the US and EU players will be in one big guild with one global guild chat?

Yeah, also the EU players can chose an EU server for their home server and they can still guest over to the US server and play together as long as latency isn't too bad. On top of being in the same guild.

Yeah, also the EU players can chose an EU server for their home server and they can still guest over to the US server and play together as long as latency isn't too bad. On top of being in the same guild.

Awesome, wonderful that US and EU GAF can chat together in the same guild, no matter what server we're on. I know about the guesting, too bad it's not enabled in this BWE. Come release, I foresee alot of GAF PvEing.

Ferny

Since we have more EU members joining, ill be sure to make the member list a little clearer in that regard later tonight.

Retro

Awesome, wonderful that US and EU GAF can chat together in the same guild, no matter what server we're on. I know about the guesting, too bad it's not enabled in this BWE. Come release, I foresee alot of GAF PvEing.

We're also having a few EU players play on the NA server to test the latency issues. With any luck, they won't be too bad and we can all roll on the same server.

zulfate

When the game comes out we are going to be raiding so much . Especially if the lower levels start to empty out we can go back with a hundred man team and decimate everything lol. I know we down level but still.

Friends are always telling me "no raids boooo" i always say there open raids everywhere and you can always go back with guildies. Does this sound accurate?

Retro

When the game comes out we are going to be raiding so much . Especially if the lower levels start to empty out we can go back with a hundred man team and decimate everything lol. I know we down level but still.

Friends are always telling me "no raids boooo" i always say there open raids everywhere and you can always go back with guildies. Does this sound accurate?

There aren't raids in the traditional WoW sense, but there are very big things to do. The fight with Tequatl (seen here), for example, is happening out in the open world, at the end of a long chain of dynamic events, and requires a ton of players to defeat.

zulfate

There aren't raids in the traditional WoW sense, but there are very big things to do. The fight with Tequatl (seen here), for example, is happening out in the open world, at the end of a long chain of dynamic events, and requires a ton of players to defeat.

Yeah but what i was saying is when people get to higher levels i think we can go back and do shit like that ourselfs right lol. I think i read that big fights only need 15 to start correct?

Keasar

I think I will pass on playing the NA servers, I will be on Jade Sea with any other EU GAFers who stays behind.

Someone who plans on organising the EU Guild for the beta?

Keasar

Did you want to lead up the charge on that ?

"Want" and "want", I am already doing the organisation for a guild for the computer game development students here at the school. I think it would be most benificial if someone else took that role, but if nobody steps up to the plate I guess I could try to handle both, if that is even possible to be leader of two guilds at once. :p

Ferny

We'll see how it goes. I will not be on any EU servers and I don't think any of the officers will be either. So if someone thats going to be on EU wants to be the point man, let me know.

An-Det

Been waiting for the day when we can finally play the game for so long, just a few hours to go. I'll be on tomorrow evening after work and as much of the weekend as I can.

#addme

Rhadras.2831 (NA)

Ferny

Man went out for a movie before checking the thread and it exploded! Will add everyone that has posted so far, in the AM. For sure before the BWE.

Top Bottom