• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

What you get for 1st?

ERaJGpg.jpg

This stuff. Haven't opened the items yet.

Teknoman

Kill on sight list:

• [*]Feelsgoodtobeagangster

[*]Freeden

EDIT:

Its crazy how some player interactions are like Dead Rising psycho boss encounters.

Im going to stop playing for a while, love the game !
But its the third time i got killed by a wolf because of a bow animation bug.
Sometimes my character just gets grounded cant move or switch weapons.
This only happens when i try to use the bow.
Then i am just stuck and a wolf or zombie kills me without me being able to run away or shoot.
But hey its early acces, and this game jas a lot of promise.
Positive is i got so much recipes from sugared coffee to landmines, IDE, swizzle, you name it.

Well my group was doing pretty good. Running around surviving and killing some kos people. Then it all came almost undone when a cop car drove pass us. They stopped at the end of the road and got out and started shooting. We hid under the bridge and returned fire. 2 were down and as i was about to get the 3rd on the bridge. My cousins friend picked the wrong spot to be in. http://gfycat.com/HappygoluckyAnnualDassie

FrsDvl

I think I'm taking a little break too.
The game is a lot of fun, and I'm positive it'll turn into something great.

I'm going to wait till the loot gets proper fixed.
The bow animation getting stuck can be extremely annoying.
I'm hoping melee combat will get some sort of overhaul, cause running in circles for minutes at an end trying to punch someone is getting old.
Zombies act a little strange at times.
Cheaters are still there, and they ruin the fun. Yesterday we killed someone 3 to 4 times within minutes. He kept spawning right close to us. Coincidence? Maybe. But it didn't feel right.

Most of the issues are just little flaws, that I'm sure will get fixed soon enough. And so far, I felt like the 20$ was well spent. Got around 60 hours played now.

I got faith in SOE.

twisted89

Sitting in my base crafting stuff, 3 guys come along, glitch over my fence then continue to attack my large shelter which collapses and kills me. Not cool. Fix it sony, literally no benefit building a base over having randomly placed stashes out in the open.

kcxiv

Sitting in my base crafting stuff, 3 guys come along, glitch over my fence then continue to attack my large shelter which collapses and kills me. Not cool. Fix it sony, literally no benefit building a base over having randomly placed stashes out in the open.

yeah, heavily investing in doing that stuff right now is probalby not a smart idea. Once all this bullshit gets ironed out, then go crazy.

i do agree hackers and people that can teleport are making the game not fun. IM guessing SoE is letting them run wild over the weekend to collect their data and can use it to quickly find out who's hacking and ban them fast. Maybe even put in something that will ban them automatically when they do something the computer thinks is suspect.

kcxiv

man, i killed a zombie inside PV a few minutes ago, had AR15 400 rounds shot gun with 200 rounds, miltary backpack, all kinds of foods/first aid kits and berry juiced. Zombie was loaded, Ooh and a Rifle, but i couldnt carry it, so i left it on the ground for someone. haha i took the ammo for it, i cant just give the ammo up! my luck i would get shot with it.

JambiBum

yeah, heavily investing in doing that stuff right now is probalby not a smart idea. Once all this bullshit gets ironed out, then go crazy.

i do agree hackers and people that can teleport are making the game not fun. IM guessing SoE is letting them run wild over the weekend to collect their data and can use it to quickly find out who's hacking and ban them fast. Maybe even put in something that will ban them automatically when they do something the computer thinks is suspect.

I don't really know if what happened to him would be hacking. My friends and I managed to jump over a gate that was locked by having one person crouch and the others jump off of his back. That group could have done the same thing. The only way I've really seen to stop people from breaking down doors/jumping over gates (that don't hack) is by putting traps in front of your door that causes people to give up.

man, i killed a zombie inside PV a few minutes ago, had AR15 400 rounds shot gun with 200 rounds, miltary backpack, all kinds of foods/first aid kits and berry juiced. Zombie was loaded, Ooh and a Rifle, but i couldnt carry it, so i left it on the ground for someone. haha i took the ammo for it, i cant just give the ammo up! my luck i would get shot with it.

If that is on the Solace server I've got a pretty good idea who that used to belong to.

kcxiv

If that is on the Solace server I've got a pretty good idea who that used to belong to.

yeah solice bye the big houses area, but down the hill in the industrial buildings with all them pipes and what not. i left the gun right inside one of the garages.

yeah solice bye the big houses area, but down the hill in the industrial buildings with all them pipes and what not. i left the gun right inside one of the garages.

Heh, yeah I know exactly where it came from and how it came into being. Enjoy that gear man it's in much better hands now.

kcxiv

Heh, yeah I know exactly where it came from and how it came into being. Enjoy that gear man it's in much better hands now.

i dont even know if zombie bags despawn or what, but there was still nice gear in there i couldnt carry it all. There was alot of food in there still.

i have also come to the conclusion that if you have a backpack and a gun, you might as well keep the gun equipped at all time, because a backpack is about on par with having a gun, still have a big ass target on your back.

nbraun80

So did my first BR today after some of the people on here talked it up. Took someone's advice and did my best to parachute into a campsite instead of populated areas. Worked out pretty well, got the two guns I needed, and then took all the clothes and backpacks I could find and tore them up to make bandages. Held up in one of the little campers with the door closed ready to pop the first people who wanders in. Heard someone run into the campsite, got really tense staring at that door waiting for him to come check it out. like I minute later I here a shot fired in the campsite, and one less survivor. I decide not to go out and just wait for him to come see if anythings in the camper, but apparently he ran off. The rest of the game was me watching the sky and running enough to stay out of the gas, but in sight of the blue sky, basically running for awhile, then jumping down in a bush and watching the survivor number get smaller. lol Finally I think someone in a truck spotted me in my run, and drove up and get in a shootout, which I have no idea how my shotty lost to his AR at close range, and ended up getting 7th.

Not too bad for playing very passive, and not killing a person at all. lol

Chabbles

I've started trolling kos'ers, i let them chase me in circles, starting big and getting smaller. and when they eventually give up and run away, i chase them until they turn around and start to chase me again, then back to the circles, rinse, repeat. I chased one over a creast of a hill last night right into a bear, i mean directly into a bear, he got fucked up to death.

I really like that zombies can "be" previously killed players. Adds another layer to your interactions with them, whereas in DayZ I would almost always just avoid them.

I really like that zombies can "be" previously killed players. Adds another layer to your interactions with them, whereas in DayZ I would almost always just avoid them.

2 times I've found a shitload of player loot on a zombie. However I don't believe someone with such gear would die to a zombie, especially not in that area.
Also I'm pretty sure one of those zombies was a fresh spawn.
My guess is that player dropped loot that doesn't get picked up will disappear and end up randomly as zombie loot.

twisted89

2 times I've found a shitload of player loot on a zombie. However I don't believe someone with such gear would die to a zombie, especially not in that area.
Also I'm pretty sure one of those zombies was a fresh spawn.
My guess is that player dropped loot that doesn't get picked up will disappear and end up randomly as zombie loot.

Walking dead? Everyones already infected so no matter how they die they all turn to zombies.

Regardless of the cause of death, even if it's a "simulation", I like it. Loot isn't just confined to homes and explorations--zombies are essentially a part of the loot system, which is great.

Phreaker

Regardless of the cause of death, even if it's a "simulation", I like it. Loot isn't just confined to homes and explorations--zombies are essentially a part of the loot system, which is great.

In the last two days I have gotten a lot more loot from random zombies than all of my searching of homes and cabinets.

Wow, i've been watching way too many streams

Just left my desk and when i got back, i repeatedly tried to click the respawn button for the dead guy in the stream

went as far as name-calling twitch a "laggy P.O.S."

Teknoman

Hey i've had Contagion for awhile, but havent really had the chance to play it. Since im gonna assume most people playing H1Z1 are survival horror / co-op fans, any opinions on it?

Overdoziz

Banned
Contagion was fun in a 'might as well try it out for a dollar' kinda way. The PvP mode was surprisingly alright if you have some friends to play with.

Somnia

Well my groups compound got hit, the first time we were ok with it. Legit raid by 20+ players who knocked our gates down. We took 12 of them down with 3 of us before we got overran. They weren't able to get everything though, but they did get our 3 jeeps, 1 truck and 1 cop car. We mule most of our important stuff, but they got our extra like 40 guns but no ammo as it is all muled. Also missed all of our buried stash's we had hidden.

We rebuilt and moved on as we were ok as that's part of the game. Last night though we were hit by 3 people from some Chinese clan called TW. 3 guys were aim botting and wall hacking it was insane. They walked right through the brick walls, then opened fire on us exactly where we were hidden behind walls. A 4th person in our group logged in 2 hours later, upstairs in the house in a bedroom. The 3 Chinese guys were all outside and immediately yelled at her as they knew she was there and where she was the instant she logged on which was impossible.

Ah well we reported all 3 of them so hopefully they get banned.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

So... already better than DayZ since it includes the zombies as star of the show/focus, then?

Good to see H1Z1 actually make an attempt to make the zombies a part of the game instead of just nuances like DayZ's are.

Well my groups compound got hit, the first time we were ok with it. Legit raid by 20+ players who knocked our gates down. We took 12 of them down with 3 of us before we got overran. They weren't able to get everything though, but they did get our 3 jeeps, 1 truck and 1 cop car. We mule most of our important stuff, but they got our extra like 40 guns but no ammo as it is all muled. Also missed all of our buried stash's we had hidden.

We rebuilt and moved on as we were ok as that's part of the game. Last night though we were hit by 3 people from some Chinese clan called TW. 3 guys were aim botting and wall hacking it was insane. They walked right through the brick walls, then opened fire on us exactly where we were hidden behind walls. A 4th person in our group logged in 2 hours later, upstairs in the house in a bedroom. The 3 Chinese guys were all outside and immediately yelled at her as they knew she was there and where she was the instant she logged on which was impossible.

Ah well we reported all 3 of them so hopefully they get banned.

Which group are you running with? We ran into a nice group of people who apparently have a compound somewhere on the map. They gave us a bunch of equipment, weapons, and ammo. Some of my friends helped them (attempt to) lock down the police station in Pleasant Valley against this group.

So... already better than DayZ since it includes the zombies as star of the show/focus, then?

Good to see H1Z1 actually make an attempt to make the zombies a part of the game instead of just nuances like DayZ's are.

Yup. Combined with the better combat system (in general), zombies are an actual part of the game.

I am curious about their behavior patterns/AI. We were running across a town and it was empty, then we moved to the Lone Pine development and there were zombies EVERYWHERE, just chilling (not in a horde).

Between bears, wolves, and mountain zombies, being alone in the woods NEVER feels safe. In DayZ, I feel like I could always hide in a tree and take a nice 5-10 min break. I don't even attempt that here--better off logging.

Somnia

Which group are you running with? We ran into a nice group of people who apparently have a compound somewhere on the map. They gave us a bunch of equipment, weapons, and ammo. Some of my friends helped them (attempt to) lock down the police station in Pleasant Valley against this group.

I'm on another server, but have an alt character on Solace. I need to get the TS info and stuff if someone wants to PM it to me. I'll add my guy to the excel log later when I get home from work. Playing on 2 servers is better imo.

Phreaker

I'm on another server, but have an alt character on Solace. I need to get the TS info and stuff if someone wants to PM it to me. I'll add my guy to the excel log later when I get home from work. Playing on 2 servers is better imo.

It's in the 2nd post.

Teamspeak
Server:BeEatNU.me
Rules: Please use GAF username and be respectful.

Somnia

Why are almost all the servers now low pop? Did they add a bunch?

The launch rush has worn off. Most were medium to high at prime time last night though. This is the type of game people will jump in and play here and there. Also after major updates population will sky rocket.

Top Bottom