• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

kcxiv

lol seriously? How many patches does it take to fix the very core of a survival game?

gonne be alot, they have to see what people do and how they horde things and fix accordingly. Im expecting at least 3-5 more loot patches to get all the exploits and shit they didnt think of that people will do.

chixdiggit

Wow what a roller coaster of a thread. So from what I can gather is that this game is a broken mess but still fun and getting patched all the time.... Is that accurate?
Also do you guys recommend the $20 or $40 version?

SDCowboy

gonne be alot, they have to see what people do and how they horde things and fix accordingly. Im expecting at least 3-5 more loot patches to get all the exploits and shit they didnt think of that people will do.

But is the loot spawning still broken or does it just need more adjusting?

Compsiox

Banned
Wow what a roller coaster of a thread. So from what I can gather is that this game is a broken mess but still fun and getting patched all the time.... Is that accurate?
Also do you guys recommend the $20 or $40 version?

It's not a broken mess at all. Sure the loot isn't fine tuned yet but the game is not broken. I would get the $20 edition. The events don't take tickets so that's is a huge chunk thats not worth it. You might not even get the airdrops you call in. So yep. Get the $20.

Chabbles

But I mean, hasn't this been at the top of the list on the last 2-3 patches? How is it still screwed up?
Idk, but nothings respawning. Have the loot patches so far only being increasing the initial loot when a servers start ?, thats what i've been reading from peoples opinions after playing with these patches.

antonz

Idk, but nothings respawning. Have the loot patches so far only being increasing the initial loot when a servers start ?, thats what i've been reading from peoples opinions after playing with these patches.

The patch certainly worked as far as getting things to spawn. Something in the code is killing respawns after x amount of them. If they can find what's limiting respawns it will be good

kcxiv

But is the loot spawning still broken or does it just need more adjusting?

that i dont know, i dont have access to the data the dev's do obviously. Stuff is respawning, but its not enough, but i dont know why that is.

I just want them to make backpacks not shredable, having a backpack on is even more KOS lol its like im almost scared to loot one and just keep my satchel.

its easier to kill zombies right now to gear up. its also safer then going into cities.

Spoo

that i dont know, i dont have access to the data the dev's do obviously. Stuff is respawning, but its not enough, but i dont know why that is.

I just want them to make backpacks not shredable, having a backpack on is even more KOS lol its like im almost scared to loot one and just keep my satchel

A friend of mine had his question answered on twitter, which seemed to indicate that yet another loot fix, and a dupe fix is coming in the next patch (to be released on Monday)

Framed backpacks not showing up on your player model is a huge advantage.

The game is going to be so different when you can see all the weapons people have on them.

kcxiv

The game is going to be so different when you can see all the weapons people have on them.

yeah, lastnight i had some dude and his 2 buddies yelling, hey boy, we are going to take that backpack from you. Sure enough they killed me, he had a hunting rifle. 2 shots from that, n i was done.

Backpacks make you so KOS its not even funny. Just eliminate shredding backpacks, so people just leave them and everyone has them. Its the zombie apoc, everyone is ging to have a fucking backpack anyways.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
But I mean, hasn't this been at the top of the list on the last 2-3 patches? How is it still screwed up?

Obviously it's not a simple fix, as they have tried 3 times to resolve the loot problem. Tomorrow is another loot patch, as well as more dupe fixes. Among other fixes, I'm sure. SOE said before EA opened, that this game is VERY early (I remember hearing 10% complete), and that the first month will be super crunch mode fixing shit as it comes up.

Compsiox

Banned

Survival games tend to be more fun before they release. Rust Legacy and the DayZ mod definitely were.

Tobor

Added my name to the list. I've loosely followed this thread. Could someone message me the teamspeak details? Thanks.

Edit: Tobor, i saw you earlier!

I didn't realize you were a GAFer! Cool to see you!

Until they get the loot fixed, they need to give you a sharp weapon or a way to make one out of easier to find material. As it is, I can't survive without making a run into a city.

AcridMeat

Banned
I didn't realize you were a GAFer! Cool to see you!

Until they get the loot fixed, they need to give you a sharp weapon or a way to make one out of easier to find material. As it is, I can't survive without making a run into a city.
Yeah they need a "makeshift knife" or something.
No fuckin way, being able to see guns on people is much needed.
This will be nice. There's going to be a lot of moments where people get gunned down when they don't have their guns up though. haha

Compsiox

Banned
I'm not sure if I want to keep playing tonight. The loot is really broken now, there is nothing out there.

Battle Royal! Its really easy to get into a server.

1.Go to server list
2.Go to steam overlay
3.Press web browser button
4.Go to Neogaf and Reddit
5. Wait 15 minutes for server to pop up

So what is everyone's feelings on respawnable sleeping bags?

It seems to come up a lot on reddit so I wonder how everyone feels about them?

In Rust you can respawn on them once every five minutes but can have as many as you want on the server. If someone finds it one chop gets rid of it.

It's a bit of a game changer and will make groups harder to combat as they can regroup easier.

I would make some changes to Rust's formula. Only one per server and a 10 minute respawn delay if you choose to spawn on it after you just did. It would also make it so alt accounts wouldn't feel necessary. I have one alt just so I always have a character at my base.

mnannola

To me this game is just not enjoyable until they can get the loot fixed. Opening so many containers to find nothing is boring. Hopefully they get it figured out in the next few days.

Iadien

Nope I just played a match with 150?

"There are actually 42 students in the book/film and to start with we will be capping the player max at 48 in order to give you a better chance to win."

battle royale mod posted that about a week ago.

Iadien

there are definitely bigger matches. I played on one with over 100 yesterday and died pretty much instantly.

Right now, yes. SOE is lowering it at some point, unless the battle royale mod dude doesn't know what he's talking about.

Compsiox

Banned
I played one with 80 people. So yeah they are definitely big. I feel like the loot got a lot worse so that's why I haven't been enjoying it as much.

What do you mean? Every house has an AR, a shotgun, a pistol, A LOT of ammo. A car within 1 mile, a motorcycle helmet, and a military backpack.

ALL THAT can be found by looking in like 2 houses right next to each other.

Phreaker

Doesnt your body stay around for another 10 seconds?

Oh gosh, I hope not. I haven't logged back in. That was enough excitement for one night. I couldn't believe the guy at the end didn't see me when he came back in, but he must have figured it out, resulting in the "Hey Duuuude" as the logo came up. I wish I could have heard their reactions.

Top Bottom