• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 Early Access |OT| You've got red on you.

Compsiox

Banned
I don't want to force myself to play BR because I pay for it. I want to enjoy it. Guess Ill save my Battle Royale tickets for when the prizes are good again (after most people waste their free tickets)

JustinBB7

Just died to my second hacker in normal mode. Just randomly died by something. First time I died because some invisible guy just punched me to death. Pretty sick of this shit. I just killed 3 guys and lost a TON of loot.

Compsiox

Banned
Just died to my second hacker in normal mode. Just randomly died by something. First time I died because some invisible guy just punched me to death. Pretty sick of this shit. I just killed 3 guys and lost a TON of loot.

The dying out of nowhere happens too often for it to be a hacker I think anyway. Unless the same guy joins every BR game I go into.

JustinBB7

The dying out of nowhere happens too often for it to be a hacker I think anyway. Unless the same guy joins every BR game I go into.

I didn't get punched this time. But it's my first time dying randomly without doing anything. I died once after I jumped on my car and I magically got lifted into the air and dropped to my death lol.

I know it's Alpha/Early Access and all but in a loot/survival game hackers/random deaths should not be happening like this.

kcxiv

7 dollars a month for Battle Royale. What a joke, especially at this stage of development.

not relaly, Battle Royale is pretty much all done. I mean sure they can add to the map ect ect. But as far as the polish in it, its pretty much done.

People forget that when BR was released it was a PAY mode. They opened it up to be free AFTER early access was out for testing purposes ONLY.

not relaly, Battle Royale is pretty much all done. I mean sure they can add to the map ect ect. But as far as the polish in it, its pretty much done.

People forget that when BR was released it was a PAY mode. They opened it up to be free AFTER early access was out for testing purposes ONLY.

Yeah. Not sure how well this will work out though. It's a great mode and where I spend most of my time till the rest of the game gets more fleshed out. I think it's become too big to be behind a paywall but it was always their plan. They need to make money and I doubt anyone bothers with airdrops anymore. There is nowhere near the amount of cosmetics for people to start buying crates and keys either.

Compsiox

Banned
I didn't get punched this time. But it's my first time dying randomly without doing anything. I died once after I jumped on my car and I magically got lifted into the air and dropped to my death lol.

I know it's Alpha/Early Access and all but in a loot/survival game hackers/random deaths should not be happening like this.

When I die out of nowhere it's like nothing happened. I just fall and thats it. As for a fix, most of the people who encountered it probably came up with some ration explanation for it. I thought it was always a sniper until now or I forgot to bandage myself.

kcxiv

When I die out of nowhere it's like nothing happened. I just fall and thats it. As for a fix, most of the people who encountered it probably came up with some ration explanation for it. I thought it was always a sniper until now or I forgot to bandage myself.

people who play the game solo are snipers like me! thats the first gun i go looking for is my rifle and i hang out be sneaky. only way to do it when you play by yourself. lol

kcxiv

Yeah. Not sure how well this will work out though. It's a great mode and where I spend most of my time till the rest of the game gets more fleshed out. I think it's become too big to be behind a paywall but it was always their plan. They need to make money and I doubt anyone bothers with airdrops anymore. There is nowhere near the amount of cosmetics for people to start buying crates and keys either.

I think what they need to do, is make it free for everyone, but people with tickets and subs, get prizes, people that arent subbed, get no prizes, just hey, you won congratz! lol

Compsiox

Banned
I think what they need to do, is make it free for everyone, but people with tickets and subs, get prizes, people that arent subbed, get no prizes, just hey, you won congratz! lol

How about sub servers with more prizes? That way a subbed guy won't want to dox the nonsubbed winner.

Agree 100%. I think this game mode being free will bring in more money from new players that wouldn't play the game otherwise than from ticket sales.

kcxiv

How about sub servers with more prizes? That way a subbed guy won't want to dox the nonsubbed winner.

i say no prizes for the free. The whole idea was to play BR to get special skins for the main game. At least thats how i interpreted it to be.

I think the way i said it would be the best of both worlds.

People love cosmetics and people would still pay to get them. I used to be a 2K Sports forum moderator years ago, and the biggest complaint was that these nike shoes werent in the game or this player is wearing the wrong shoe and the wrong colored headband. I was like huh?W TF? but people love playing dress up barbie with their characters.

Compsiox

Banned
i say no prizes for the free. The whole idea was to play BR to get special skins for the main game. At least thats how i interpreted it to be.

I think the way i said it would be the best of both worlds.

People love cosmetics and people would still pay to get them. I used to be a 2K Sports forum moderator years ago, and the biggest complaint was that these nike shoes werent in the game or this player is wearing the wrong shoe and the wrong colored headband. I was like huh?W TF? but people love playing dress up barbie with their characters.

How about the nonsubbed servers are completely free. If you're in top 3 you only get the bag with the possibility of getting an event ticket. This event ticket would give you one time access to a subbed server where anyone can get a prize when they win as long as you have a ticket. This way it would take hard work to get real prizes so people will be tempted to pay and those who work towards it instead of paying can have a potentially very rewarding experience.

kcxiv

How about the nonsubbed servers are completely free. If you're in top 3 you only get the bag with the possibility of getting an event ticket. This event ticket would give you one time access to a subbed server where anyone can get a prize when they win as long as you have a ticket. This way it would take hard work to get real prizes so people will be tempted to pay and those who work towards it instead of paying can have a potentially very rewarding experience.

naw, i dotn like splitting the 2 paid and non paid. Just have them all in a free for all and only subs get items and non subs dont get shit, they shouldnt get shit. That way, they can still play the game, but if they want some items, then they sub, or tie it into the all access pass they have.

Compsiox

Banned
naw, i dotn like splitting the 2 paid and non paid. Just have them all in a free for all and only subs get items and non subs dont get shit, they shouldnt get shit. That way, they can still play the game, but if they want some items, then they sub, or tie it into the all access pass they have.

They would still play the full game but only get the possibility of a ticket if they win. Why the fuck would I waste 45 minutes of my life for nothing? Why would you want it like this? Did you even read what I wrote?

Ill be sure to only read the first 5 words of your posts before I reply.

kcxiv

They would still play the full game but only get the possibility of a ticket if they win. Why the fuck would I waste 45 minutes of my life for nothing? Why would you want it like this? Did you even read what I wrote?

Ill be sure to only read the first 5 words of your posts before I reply.

thats the whole point! if you want them rewards, then you can play the main game or get a sub, if not, then you can play for the fun of it. you cant really complain, because you are still playing the game, but you just dont get any cosmetic rewards. I dont see what the issue is. I dont know about anyone else, but when i first started playign video games way back in the early 80's as a kid. I never got ANY kind of reward, We didnt even get a fuckign ending in a game, you just flipped it and kept playing. lol The reward was high score!

Overdoziz

Banned

Even if the core mechanics are there the gamemode is still very basic. Compare it to the Arma 3 mod which has several maps to play on, has several locations on those maps to play on, has more guns, vehicles and clothing, airdrops that work properly, a smaller scale variant and is completely free. Sure, you have to buy the base game, but that also counts for the current early access which was everybody paid $20 for not a few months ago.

Setting aside for a second whether or not having a price tag of seven dollars a month for one gamemode at all is a good idea or not; I really think we're way too early in development of the game overall to be asking extra money for this gamemode. I guess it's not too surprising coming from people who dare to ask 5 dollars for airdrops that give you a an axe and a bow which will likely get stolen by other people anyway.

Lourio

7 dollars a month for Battle Royale. What a joke, especially at this stage of development.

I agree, what a load of horsesh*t. With the amount of people who are against this, is there a possibility they will revert their decision? The game is still in Alpha, full of bugs, crashes and hackers - I don't get it how they expect people to pay a monthly fee to play a 'special mode'. F dat.

http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2zml5a/battle_royale_plan_monthly_passes_new_rewards/

arclegger from reddit said:
We've heard the massive amount of feedback about people not wanting to have to use event tickets and would rather just pay a flat fee and play BR forever without having to pay for event tickets, and this is why we chose to offer the monthly pass system.

What? Maybe when the game is complete, sure, but now... F you.

I should've bought a CS skin instead of supporting this crap.

I agree, what a load of horsesh*t. With the amount of people who are against this, is there a possibility they will revert their decision? The game is still in Alpha, full of bugs, crashes and hackers - I don't get it how they expect people to pay a monthly fee to play a 'special mode'. F dat.

http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2zml5a/battle_royale_plan_monthly_passes_new_rewards/

I think the people complaining now would have also complained at release if they charged for it then rather than now. It was never meant to be free it was just in such a rough stage they didn't want people using tickets for it. It's stable and playable now.

The real problem is it's too damn popular. It's pretty much on par with the core game and some people only play Battle Royale. It just doesn't feel right to have it behind a paywall but after air drops went from pay2win to pay2lose and people stopped buying them this was gonna be their cashcow. I'm with everybody it's just too much. It's a monthly fee for a single game type. sure tickets will drop in game but how many? an hours worth? What about people who only want to play BR?

The only solution is one made in this thread. make it free and make prizes only drop for people who buy tickets and make the prizes worth the cost of admission. Hopefully one day they will have enough cosmetics to make a good amount of money from them but charging cs prices for crates and keys seems silly being that there is a real world value on the stuff you get out of CS crates and you can trade or sell them on the market. I do think they will eventually have steam market support for loot. It just makes a lot of sense. I hope they figure it out because they've done a good job with the game so far(hackers aside) and I hope the community doesn't abandon the game cause they made poor decisions.

Slacker

They relented: http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2zpqw3/we_will_not_turn_on_charging_for_br_for_a_good/

Hello H1Z1 players,
We've listened to your feedback. It came through loud and clear. From our perspective we've been really super clear about our plans from even before day 1 regarding this. What's also clear though is that you expect more from us in terms of quality level so that's what we're going to do. We'll focus on bugs, awesome new stuff and adding a ton of features to BR and our main game to make you feel like you're more than happy to pay for it. Only then will we charge for it.
Smed

Chabbles

They relented: http://www.reddit.com/r/h1z1/comments/2zpqw3/we_will_not_turn_on_charging_for_br_for_a_good/

Hello H1Z1 players,
We've listened to your feedback. It came through loud and clear. From our perspective we've been really super clear about our plans from even before day 1 regarding this. What's also clear though is that you expect more from us in terms of quality level so that's what we're going to do. We'll focus on bugs, awesome new stuff and adding a ton of features to BR and our main game to make you feel like you're more than happy to pay for it. Only then will we charge for it.
Smed

How about dont charge for it until the game is complete ?, We're all ready paying to test this thing for you. When it goes free2play, charge.

Compsiox

Banned
thats the whole point! if you want them rewards, then you can play the main game or get a sub, if not, then you can play for the fun of it. you cant really complain, because you are still playing the game, but you just dont get any cosmetic rewards. I dont see what the issue is. I dont know about anyone else, but when i first started playign video games way back in the early 80's as a kid. I never got ANY kind of reward, We didnt even get a fuckign ending in a game, you just flipped it and kept playing. lol The reward was high score!

Yes you would. You would buy/unlock a new sword after hardwork. What you want is for fun to be behind a paywall. Now I feel like you weren't from the 80s.

They may be listening, but don't you think they might be scrambling as they have just lost a big chunk of unrealized revenue they were wanting to have soon? I hope the project is not in trouble.

Yeah this worries me. The game is still making money i'm sure because it's still being sold for 20 but all their planned continued revenue systems seem to be making no money. Ticket system is no longer active. Not enough cosmetics to make buying crates or keys worth it. Airdrops are a joke. Sooner or later they need to figure out how they are gonna make more money.

As for people saying it's too early to charge for BR let's be honest the shitstorm will come regardless. The petition, boyscots and abuse will happen whenever they choose to put the ticket system into place be it now or when the game hits 1.0. People simply don't want the mode locked behind a paywall.

Uiki

As for people saying it's too early to charge for BR let's be honest the shitstorm will come regardless. The petition, boyscots and abuse will happen whenever they choose to put the ticket system into place be it now or when the game hits 1.0. People simply don't want the mode locked behind a paywall.

There's a major difference: if i'm gonna pay for br the game needs to work.

I'm not gonna buy a 7 dollars pass to crash on queue, crash on startup, crash in the lobby, crash when I spawn, spawn without being able to do anything, load 5 second later than the other dude and get instaheadshot when i land, crash when i got my reward.

I already gave them 20 bucks to test this stuff. Charging now for 7 dollars for just 1 type of event server (barely working, not even close to being a balanced experience) is insane.

There's a major difference: if i'm gonna pay for br the game needs to work.

I'm not gonna buy a 7 dollars pass to crash on queue, crash on startup, crash in the lobby, crash when I spawn, spawn without being able to do anything, load 5 second later than the other dude and get instaheadshot when i land, crash when i got my reward.

I already gave them 20 bucks to test this stuff. Charging now for 7 dollars for just 1 type of event server is insane.

I just think it's a flawed system. I don't care how great it is 7 dollars a month for a single gametype in any videogame ever is absolutely insane. With how many modes and rule changes other games in the free to play realm offer this just is'nt gonna take. people have the right to complain with it's current state of course but I just don't think the complaints will ever stop because it's just a bad proposition.

They need to get their ass in gear with cosmetic items. There needs to be a ton of them, they need to have some extremely rare ones, they need to lower key prices to 1 dollar and they need to make them tradable/sellable on the Steam market so they can get a cut for it. Take advantage of the Streamers and make SummtG1 shirts or something. Offer unique items for buying a ticket to enter a game mode with more prizes. Selling gamemodes is just not gonna work.

therapist

Eh , asking people to pay 7 bucks a month for one game mode , in a free2play game you gave them money for already is all kinds of crazy.

I realize they took it back but man wtf were they thinking...ill wait for this game to be free.

okiemok

...I don't care how great it is 7 dollars a month for a single gametype in any videogame ever is absolutely insane....

Yeah - it does not seem rational or display an understanding of their market - which is what leads me to believe they may have taken the Double-Fine approach to Early Access. They may have just lost a chunk of their future salary money.

Uiki

I just think it's a flawed system. I don't care how great it is 7 dollars a month for a single gametype in any videogame ever is absolutely insane. With how many modes and rule changes other games in the free to play realm offer this just is'nt gonna take. people have the right to complain with it's current state of course but I just don't think the complaints will ever stop because it's just a bad proposition.

They need to get their ass in gear with cosmetic items. There needs to be a ton of them, they need to have some extremely rare ones, they need to lower key prices to 1 dollar and they need to make them tradable/sellable on the Steam market so they can get a cut for it. Take advantage of the Streamers and make SummtG1 shirts or something. Offer unique items for buying a ticket to enter a game mode with more prizes. Selling gamemodes is just not gonna work.

I was just assuming that "event servers pass" means more than just a gamemode.

I can totally pay for 5 or 6 different types of gamemodes/event servers (zombie battle royale? race? team br? br hs only? A br in which you transform in a zombie when you are killed?). Especially since it's a paywall to keep cheaters at bay. But it has to work first. Right now i'm trying to play a br match and i crashed 2 times after entering the lobby. That's 2 tickets, right?

JustinBB7

I kinda wish they wont make it f2p, just keep it 20 euros and the cosmetic micro transactions and airdrops and stuff. Don't want to fear my tickets being consumed and sure as hell am not gonna pay monthly for 1 mode.

If hackers get banned they won't just spend 20 euros for a new account that way either. But the game will make less money this way I suppose. So they won't do it unfortunately. Money first.

Pop

Eh , asking people to pay 7 bucks a month for one game mode , in a free2play game you gave them money for already is all kinds of crazy.

I realize they took it back but man wtf were they thinking...ill wait for this game to be free.

Play endlessly or earn tickets.

Fine to me if others want to pay for that service.

H1Z1 Servers will be coming offline at 2PM Pacific for approximately 2 hours. Full patch notes below.

Battle Royale
We have cycled out the old mystery bag and have added a new one with entirely new rewards. Because of this, the Battle Royale rewards have changed:
1st: 1x Unique Red Battle Royale Shirt, 1x Elite Bag, 1x Mystery Bag v2, 1x Airdrop Ticket, 1x Event Ticket

2nd: 1x Elite Bag, 1x Mystery Bag v2, 1x Airdrop Ticket

3rd: 1x Elite Bag, 1X Mystery Bag v2

4th-10th: 1x Mystery Bag v2

We’ve changed the way crates drop in the game, you now earn them through normal play.
We have added 2 new crates. You will get 1 crate from playing H1Z1, and another crate from playing BR. Both are unique and independent of each other.

Battle Royale: Fixed incorrect reporting of player rank (0) in certain situations.

Additional Fixes:
Improved procedural spawners to make zombies more populous around high-player-traffic areas.
LOD's (Level of Detail) added to vans, cabinets, and weapon shelves
Added fixed emote key-bindings for new emotes
Added new locations for weapon spawns
Fixed glow-in-the-dark map object
Adjustments to firing animations
Adjustments to a few textures and collision objects
Prepared data for Oceanic servers(AU)

Compsiox

Banned
H1Z1 Servers will be coming offline at 2PM Pacific for approximately 2 hours. Full patch notes below.

Battle Royale
We have cycled out the old mystery bag and have added a new one with entirely new rewards. Because of this, the Battle Royale rewards have changed:
1st: 1x Unique Red Battle Royale Shirt, 1x Elite Bag, 1x Mystery Bag v2, 1x Airdrop Ticket, 1x Event Ticket

2nd: 1x Elite Bag, 1x Mystery Bag v2, 1x Airdrop Ticket

3rd: 1x Elite Bag, 1X Mystery Bag v2

4th-10th: 1x Mystery Bag v2
those feel worse

Man, I used to be so excited for this game back when it was announced. The fact that SOE was doing it made me think we'd finally get a polished zombie MMO-style game. I've pretty much lost any enthusiasm I had.

Compsiox

Banned
Man, I used to be so excited for this game back when it was announced. The fact that SOE was doing it made me think we'd finally get a polished zombie MMO-style game. I've pretty much lost any enthusiasm I had.

Got way more than my money's worth 250 hours I think. Was fun. Time to move on to Reign of Kings

Got way more than my money's worth 250 hours I think. Was fun. Time to move on to Reign of Kings

Reign of kings is a completely unpolished compared to H1Z1 right now. I actually regret buying it. H1Z1 is moving a bit slower than I'd like but it is very playable and gets plenty of updates.

antonz

I am loving Reign Of Kings. Rough around the edges but can be a blast if you get a decent server. Douchebag server makes game suck

LOL Reign of Kings just came out. You sound like a hypocrite.

What's with the name calling? I wish I waited on RoK because the game all around is extremely rough to the point where I didn't really enjoy myself. Not in it's depth but how the servers perform and how well it controls.

Compsiox

Banned
What's with the name calling? I wish I waited on RoK because the game all around is extremely rough to the point where I didn't really enjoy myself. Not in it's depth but how the servers perform and how well it controls.

That's not what you said. You said it was rough compared to h1z1 when Kings only just came out. You said not to buy it or at least you were sending that message because of this. Mean while you defended h1z1 when it was in poor condition. At h1z1's launch the loot table and just loot in general were screwed up.

Top Bottom