• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

H1Z1 | LiveStream | 4PM PST

Setsuna

They really need to fix the combat make it so when you hit a zombie it feels like you are hitting something

Currently the animation plays the same way whether you connect, or not

xkramz

They really need to fix the combat make it so when you hit a zombie it feels like you are hitting something

Currently the animation plays the same way whether you connect, or not
Bro this game was literally announced two months or so ago. It's extremely early in development

Yeah, early access here I come.

Really like this so far. Few bugs here and there but already looks a very good game with lots of potential.

That early night lighting looks really good

487fdd867170647d78f3e18ace619931.png

02dd115528aad80d0d6449944f63e9d3.gif

Bob the zombie

funkypie

Banned
game actually looks fun to play unlike dayz.

I found dayz such a chore to play and the standalone will carry on to suffer by using the arma2 engine.

EVIL

game actually looks fun to play unlike dayz.

I found dayz such a chore to play and the standalone will carry on to suffer by using the arma2 engine.

Not quite sure what you are talking about man, Dayz the mod and standalone is allot of fun to play. Its just unlike the average shooter you might be used to. The arma engine is just that, an engine. all those "chore" things don't come with the engine, those come with the team and designers.

sunnz

Yea twitch fucked, nothing else opens up and the last message in the chat was sent half an hour ago...

Don't refresh.

Really hyped and enjoying this so far. This has been in development for like 5 or 6 months and already has wildlife with predators, barricading, base building, vehicles and zombies that don't go through objects...
I seen a bow in the guys inventory, not seen it in action yet :(

To have these meaningful and major features is really great and shows real focus to me. These are what add things for you to do in game other than PVP.

Pretty impressive with what they have achieved and with the behind the scenes stuff they look organised and having what seems to be deadlines for features seems to be working well. Hoping it all works out.

Personally, I am ok with there not being a city or something. Last thing we need is a big city that most people will go to for PVP and gear up mainly. By having lots of smaller towns spread out there is a higher change of running into people on your travels.

Then again the game will probably have like hundreds or a thousand players per server in which case having a major city will still leave a lot of people to roam around the map ( probably why it doesn't work well in dayz right now since the player count is very low for the map)

DirtyLarry

What's the deal with "Larry"
I checked this out while at work a couple of hours ago, and could not watch for the obvious reason of being at work. But I saw a bunch of people talking about Larry.
I also have seen him mentioned here.
My name being Larry, and me feeling like whenever commercials, movies, or any form of entertainment need a stupid character, they choose the name Larry.
So is that the same deal here? Using Larry as a dumb ass LOL

demolitio

I checked this out while at work a couple of hours ago, and could not watch for the obvious reason of being at work. But I saw a bunch of people talking about Larry.
My name being Larry, and me feeling like whenever commercials, movies, or any form of entertainment need a stupid character, they choose the name Larry.

You're crazy Larry.

Edit: I don't know honestly, but it does seem like that's what Larry is used for. To me, I just think of Impractical Jokers now when I hear it.

Ssssh sssh sssh Larry, go to sleep. Don't worry about it

It's a Lirik thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br9_ean-BhA

Personally, I am ok with there not being a city or something. Last thing we need is a big city that most people will go to for PVP and gear up mainly. By having lots of smaller towns spread out there is a higher change of running into people on your travels.

Then again the game will probably have like hundreds or a thousand players per server in which case having a major city will still leave a lot of people to roam around the map ( probably why it doesn't work well in dayz right now since the player count is very low for the map)

Sounds like a better version of 7 Days to Die.

This is a crazy type of game development strategy. I hope the animations and models get better. Day Z has them best on that especially the former.

Agree, that area is still a weakpoint.

Hoping for TLOU style gameplay but doubt it :p

Should've just made a TLoU MMO they could just have my checks. All of them.

I'm watching this stream oh god the animations. The animations! Coming off TLoU this is going to be murder =/

I'm going to be uploading all 12 hours of the live stream in a YouTube playlist.

Playlist link

There are currently seven videos uploading and more will be uploaded as the stream goes on.

(Stream is down due to SOE being stormed by zombies)

HowZatOZ

Banned
Hmm characters being locked to servers doesn't sound like a good way to combat combat logging. Just make it like DayZ mod and have it so getting into combat stops you from logging out for a good minute, and if you alt-F4 or disconnect it bars you from joining back in for 10 minutes or something.

Characters being locked to servers seems like a forced way to grow a community, and if that community fails you are stuck on an empty server with no means of moving off.

vilmer_

This is one of the best streams I've seen in a while. Hope it's archived, although I'm pretty sure SOE always does.

Top Bottom