• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hades has been rated for PS4 in Korea

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Usually, when games get rated in Korea, they get released in the next 3 months. So fingers crossed for a Summer release!

Source

Translated image:

Y9B46IV.jpg

[Sigma]

Bout time. Hopefully i'll have the Platinum trophy for Returnal by then :messenger_tears_of_joy: . Then I can run through hades again and get that too.

SALMORE

never came physically in my country so i hope this version does !

my joycon keeps drifting so i never played it on the switch

Fbh

Didn't realize this wasn't on PS4/Xb1 yet.

Wonder if they'll just do a straight port or if it's going to come with some extras as other late indie releases (Like Disco Elysium or the Original sin games).

I'm still waiting for a GOG release

graywolf323

I don't play roguelike games; Hades was my first, and I enjoyed it so much! Became one of my top 3 games I played last year.

I hope they have a proper PS5 version with full DualSense support. I'd play it again on my PS5 and happily platinum it. It's so good.
same, I'd be very excited to see what Supergiant does with the DualSense

GHG

I thought Returnal was a lot more fun thN Hades. But, I enjoyed both.

I feel Hades is much more fun than returnal.

Returnal can actually be stressful to play due to how high stakes it is (in that pretty much nothing you achieve carries over for new runs). I need to be in the right mood to even think about playing returnal, that's for sure.

Returnal can actually be stressful to play due to how high stakes it is (in that pretty much nothing you achieve carries over for new runs).
That's not true though. You permanently unlock new weapons and level them up for future runs that make things significantly easier.

You also unlock new suit augments and consumables and permanently increase the number of consumables you can hold. Then, of course, you unlock the metroidvania-type items that let you get to more and more areas with supplies for future runs. And once you beat a boss, you never need to fight them again.

Now, that I've played so much, I'm at a point where I can beat the game almost every run. Before I leveled all that stuff (and, yeah, got better), I wondered if I'd ever even beat the game once.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
That's not true though. You permanently unlock new weapons and level them up for future runs that make things significantly easier.

You also unlock new suit augments and consumables and permanently increase the number of consumables you can hold. Then, of course, you unlock the metroidvania-type items that let you get to more and more areas with supplies for future runs. And once you beat a boss, you never need to fight them again.

Now, that I've played so much, I'm at a point where I can beat the game almost every run. Before I leveled all that stuff (and, yeah, got better), I wondered if I'd ever even beat the game once.
Same. I also noticed that there is a big mental block in Returnal -- more than the actual difficulty. I struggled immensely with boss #2 (roughly 5-6 attempts), and boss #3 (spent almost 3 days on that fu*ker!)

However, after finishing Act 2, I replayed the earlier biomes multiple times and always beat both them bosses on my first attempts quite comfortably. It was as if those bosses never challenged me.

DeepSpace5D

Not to mention your ether carries over between runs as well! So you can even save up ether for a few runs without using any, then have a mega run where you’re cleansing everything and getting very buffed with artifacts, consumables, and weapons.

Top Bottom