• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Mapping Contest Winners Announced

Nice!

The official winners for the Half-Life 2: Deathmatch mapping contest have been announced. The four maps were dm_underpass, dm_resistance, dm_powerhouse, and dm_avalon. These mouth-watering maps will be available soon over Steam and are absolutely spectacular. Screenshots are available over at Steam's website.

Link

Contest Winner
dm_underpass by Scott M Jordan, USA
dm_underpass.jpg

First Runner-Up
dm_resistance by Jonathan Linker, Germany
dm_resistance.jpg

Second Runner-Up
dm_powerhouse by Michael Schulz, Germany
dm_powerhouse.jpg

Honorable Mention
dm_avalon by Michael Visser, Netherlands
dm_avalon.jpg

FartOfWar

Banned
duckroll said:
Looking good, now they should fucking release the maps so we have something new to play with. :D

Avalon has been out and it's amazing. The other three had better be more than looks to have beaten it. Also, what happened with Island 17? Great map.

Macam

Banned
The Underpass reminds me of a level or two in Jet Set Radio; and FPS nerds correct me if I'm wrong, the 2nd runner-up's map, Powerhouse, is based off an Unreal map, isn't it? It looks awfully familiar.

duckroll

FartOfWar said:
Avalon has been out and it's amazing. The other three had better be more than looks to have beaten it. Also, what happened with Island 17? Great map.

Just checked it out, thanks for the heads up. It's beta1 right? Awesome map indeed, I really like the mix of the core in the middle leading out to a house like interior area that eventually leads out into the island area. Good design and if the other 3 maps are supposed to be so much better, I really want to see why. :D :D

Mooreberg

Red Dolphin said:
Anyone played that "Facility" level based on Goldeneye's level of the same name? Is it out?

Yeah there's an HL2DM version and a CSS version. The CSS version is much better but it's really too big for a game with less than ten people.

Top Bottom