• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 2 coming to iOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god I would love the original trilogy on Steam. I hope they fix the netcode for Halo CE.

My friend will be pleased to hear that he might be able to play Halo 2 on an iPad.

Dammit man. I made a bet with LovingSteam that I would make a public apology video if Halo 3 was ever released on Steam. How the hell am I going to get out of this one?

Dammit man. I made a bet with LovingSteam that I would make a public apology video if Halo 3 was ever released on Steam. How the hell am I going to get out of this one?
Seeing as he's banned if you hadn't made mention of it no one would really hold you up to it.

Sorry, but if it comes to pass you'll have to do it now. It is known.

Overdoziz

Banned
Well

ZGRySwU.png

Overdoziz

Banned
Of course she will say no, they aren't going to confirm it yet.
I wouldn't expect her to confirm it, but she's outright denying it. You know, just like Frankie has done about half a dozen times.
Just mopping up something a few posts that I think were meant as innocent teasing and got read as maybe something else, which had absolutely nothing to do with Halo 2 or iOS. I did a precautionary lock while I was doing it.
Yeah, those posts were a bit odd.

Servbot24

Banned
If Halo games appear on Steam there will almost literally be no reason for most people to buy an XBox. I'm sure that MS will stop that from ever happening at any cost.

Seeing as we're discussing campaigns I have to say even though it's not the one I played the most the campaign in Halo 4 is the one I enjoyed the most. It is shortly followed by Halo Reach. Counting out Halo Wars I consider Halo 3 ODST to be the least enjoyable of the campaigns. Now this is all in my opinion of course but then again that goes for all of you calling out your favorites in the series.

My personal list (Campaigns, NOT multiplayer. That list is different.)
  1. Halo 4
  2. Halo Reach
  3. Halo 3
  4. Halo 2
  5. Halo CE
  6. Hale 3 ODST
  7. Halo Wars

Multiplayer list (Online):
  1. Halo 2
  2. Halo 3
  3. Halo Reach
  4. Halo 4

I see that you are. Great post, thanks for linking!

If Halo games appear on Steam there will almost literally be no reason for most people to buy an XBox. I'm sure that MS will stop that from ever happening at any cost.

Well, it wouldn't cost them much since they have 100% control of the IP but we're talking about old games here and 2 are already available on PC.

But PC ports of Halo CE and 2 already exist, and seeing as 2 is coming to iOS and Mac, I don't know what would make them resistant to launch what's already there on Steam. If 3 ever gets ported, that's a game that is already 6 years old, it's stopping no one at this point.

Sibylus

Banned
I don't understand this. Xbox is a MS platform. Windows is a MS platform. I'm sure they'd be happy with the sales either way.

SpyGuy239

don't understand why MS won't port it to windows already. It's free money for them. Hell I'd buy it day 1!

This whole Exclusive crap, gets on my nerves really sometimes.

Halo 3 would be awesome to play with a mouse + keyboard. As would Halo wars.

Grief.exe

These games are old, the typical consumer on Xbox wouldn't be as interested to see these releases. Halo 1/2/3 is not going to convince many people to adopt the Xbox platform over PC, while Halo 5 will.

Most of these games are already available on the PC space, just not for digital download.
Microsoft could still be seeing a return a decade from now if they release on Steam with proper dedicated server support.

Not to mention the tertiary evidence like the registry entries, David Ellis' Twitter responses, Microsoft game studios supporting Steamworks, releasing older games onto Steam (See; AOE II), GFWL being shut down (see: Bioshock 2 or Batman: AC), and AMD driver entries.

Caayn

I don't understand this. Xbox is a MS platform. Windows is a MS platform. I'm sure they'd be happy with the sales either way.
People won't buy Windows to play Halo. Were as people are willing to buy Xbox for Halo. They'd make more profit if they keep Halo a Xbox exclusive, as it would give people more incentive buy a Xbox and possible more games + Gold.

amnesiac

I will probably sell my 360 if the Halo games come to Steam on PC/Mac. Will have to reinstall Bootcamp/Wine.

Don't see myself playing Halo on a phone, though.

Grief.exe

People won't buy Windows to play Halo. Were as people are willing to buy Xbox for Halo. They'd make more profit if they keep Halo a Xbox exclusive, as it would give people more incentive buy a Xbox and possible more games + Gold.

Except Halo isn't exclusive to Xbox and there are already PC versions available.

Seems like a slippery slope argument.

ElRenoRaven

You know thinking about all this I do have to say if halo 2 were ever to come to steam or MS makes a Halo 2 Anniversary I really hope they get online co-op working.

Xbudz

So, this screenshot was supposedly from last March.
If it does happen, I doubt we'll hear about it until iOS7 as others are saying.

There is no message like that today, I signed into Halo 2 PC just to check.

Except Halo isn't exclusive to Xbox and there are already PC versions available.

Seems like a slippery slope argument.

Correct. The series is not exclusive to Xbox. However the last game that was released for PC was released on the first Xbox in 2004. That is almost a decade ago. Halo 3 which is rumored to be releasing for PC soon was a game from 2007. That is 6 years ago.

It is not as if we're getting day & date releases here. Xbox ain't losing shit from these ports.

EDIT: So in short, people buy Xboxes for the new Halo games, not the ones released 6+ years ago. No one looking to play Halo 5 is holding off on buying an Xbox One because they might be getting it for PC in 2020.

Grief.exe

Correct. The series is not exclusive to Xbox. However the last game that was released for PC was released on the first Xbox in 2004. That is almost a decade ago. Halo 3 which is rumored to be releasing for PC soon was a game from 2007. That is 6 years ago.

It is not as if we're getting day & date releases here. Xbox ain't losing shit from these ports.

EDIT: So in short, people buy Xboxes for the new Halo games, not the ones released 6+ years ago. No one looking to play Halo 5 is holding off on buying an Xbox One because they might be getting it for PC in 2020.

So you are agreeing with me?

I've made all of these arguments literally just a few posts ago.

Megasoum

Banned
Well Justin over at IGN Wireless (GDJustin around here) said a couple of weeks ago that he had learned about some big games coming out on iOS and that we would be really surprised. One of them was KOTOR but it wouldn't surprise me if the Halo stuff was included in those rumors.

Sibylus

Banned
Most people won't buy Windows to play Halo because they already have Windows. And there's already Halo on Windows. And there's people interested in PCs, Halo, but who aren't interested in Xbox (*waves*).

Grief.exe

I agree. Is M$ counting on people buying XBox One for forza and kinect games or what? If they release Halo 5 and 6 on PC on the same day as Xbox I could see things getting nutty.

This is quite a slippery slope argument as well.

Microsoft releasing very old games on digital distribution on PC, some that were already available for the platform, equates to releasing Halo 6 on PC?
I just don't follow the logic.

Throwing us a very old bone to try to generate some good will and revenue is very different from what you are implying.

aFIGurANT

This is quite a slippery slope argument as well.

Microsoft releasing very old games on digital distribution on PC, some that were already available for the platform, equates to releasing Halo 6 on PC?
I just don't follow the logic.

Throwing us a very old bone to try to generate some good will and revenue is very different from what you are implying.

The 4chan rumor that was quoted included a statement saying the Reclaimer Trilogy will be released on PC via Steam. Reclaimer Trilogy is the one Halo 4 started so assuming the trilogy news isn't a misquote, I'm just speculating on what it would mean to be able to play all the halos on PC and never own an XBox again. This all depends on the anon on 4chan's reliability so there is that I grant you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom