Halo 3 is now FREE for XBOX Live GOLD members. Come JOIN US IN MULTIPLAYER!!!

Halo 3 is now FREE for Xbox Live Gold Members.​

HaloGAF's been playin' it all week and will be hosting Custom Games on Saturday!

Come join HaloGAF as we celebrate in MatchMaking.​
Note: The in-game population counter is broken, so it's often inaccurate/low.

In the meantime, enjoy these .GIFs:​

Campaign Hijinks

The Thrill of the Four-Shot

Split Screen Multiplayer Madness

Big Team Battle

Havok Physics & Physics Havoc:

Vehicular Carnage​

FREE MONTH OF GOLD

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Try this link to get a free month, it worked for me a few days ago.

It should still work.

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Subscri...ign/gff-live-welcome-offer/BillingInformation

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
been looking forward to the inevitable population jump that will coincide with this. i havent played halo 3 since the reach beta - stoked to see how it compares and if the series really has tanked since.

who am i kidding, my internet is so bad these days this may likely be unplayable for me!

Oh man, I totally forgot about equipment even being in the game lol

Also if you search manually for Halo 3 on the Marketplace on the 360 it's showing up as free now, you don't have to use the website.

Edit: Is Mythic 2 required for matchmaking? I don't have my copy of ODST anymore so I'm not playing off the MP disc there, and that's the only one I don't have standalone.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Halo 3 was so damn fun.

Weren't you not supposed to install it, though? I figured a download version would have the same issue.

Oh cool, those dummies still haven't fixed the website yet. Still unable to buy anything from the website with MSP/Credit that transferred over during the change from MSP to cash. Thanks, MS.

How many Halo 1 and Halo 2 maps come with the game? I don't remember much about Halo 3 multiplayer since our LAN community was pretty much dead at that point.

Halo 3 was so damn fun.

Weren't you not supposed to install it, though? I figured a download version would have the same issue.
yes, but if a single player in the lobby has it installed, it brings everyones loading speed down so you really got no choice. Either way its not that slow.

My game of the generation. I'm gonna give 343 a pass with Halo 4 (though still a good game in my opinion) and hope they return the series back to its glory next Fall.

Too bad it doesn't come with all the MP maps, I never bought them all at the time, but I do have the Halo ODST MP disc. Unless I'm mis-remembering, that has all the map packs, right?

Oh man, I totally forgot about equipment even being in the game lol

Also if you search manually for Halo 3 on the Marketplace on the 360 it's showing up as free now, you don't have to use the website.

Edit: Is Mythic 2 required for matchmaking? I don't have my copy of ODST anymore so I'm not playing off the MP disc there, and that's the only one I don't have standalone.
Most of the playlists require ALL DLC, so for most stuff outside of Slayer that'd be a yes. Lucky for you, they reduced the price of Mythic 2 to $5 for the duration that this game is free.

Too bad it doesn't come with all the MP maps, I never bought them all at the time, but I do have the Halo ODST MP disc. Unless I'm mis-remembering, that has all the map packs, right?
YEP!