• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 Special Edition Xbox 360 pics

Barnolde said:
The real reasoning isn't that MS wanted to give people choice, it's that they don't need to include it, it'd sell at $60, $70 and $130 anyway. It'd be like giving away money to them when they know they can milk the consumer and get away with it.

If they wanted to give people Halo 3, they could include the cheapest version, it's the same game after all, is it not?

Which leads back to his question: What if you want the green 360 and the CE or LE version of Halo? HELLO?

Thanks for ignoring the pragmatic second half of my post to lecture me on M$'s practices, too.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
ninj4junpei said:
:lol I'm instantly reminded of something demi did.

That's cause I was the one who gave Demi the pic with the serial number. The thread was his credit though.

Barnolde

Banned
AdmiralViscen said:
Which leads back to his question: What if you want the green 360 and the CE or LE version of Halo? HELLO?

Thanks for ignoring the pragmatic second half of my post to lecture me on M$'s practices, too.

Then buy them as well and return your regular version? If it's someone buying a new 360, what if they don't care about bonuses and wouldn't want to pay extra for non-essential crap they won't use in the CE or LE?

Why would MS care about NPD? They'll know how many 360s were sold, how many Halos were sold and they get the money anyway. If it's a real limited edition, then once all sell out, doesn't mean that they have sold x more Halo 3s?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Barnolde said:
The real reasoning isn't that MS wanted to give people choice, it's that they don't need to include it, it'd sell at $60, $70 and $130 anyway. It'd be like giving away money to them when they know they can milk the consumer and get away with it.

If they wanted to give people Halo 3, they could include the cheapest version, it's the same game after all, is it not?

Um, I was there. The simple logic was:

If someone is willing to pay that much money for the console, that's a serious Halo fan and we won't know which version of the game to include. We considered including the regular, limited and Legendary content (though not the Helmet). In the end it was decided that the purchaser would wish to choose for themselves.

And we wouldn't have "given" it away, we'd have basically had to charge for the game too.

mj1108

Ugly as hell and doesn't even come with Halo 3.

VictimOfGrief said:
To everyone coming in here and saying "LOL WUT? NO HALO 3 GAME?" You've known this for some months so seriously, don't play stupid.

Of course we've known we just think it's dumb to not include it.

tbh Microsoft could have included the CE of Halo 3 in a plastic wallet.

If the die hard fan wanted the limited edition or legendary edition, which is entirely possible they have the option to buy it. Conversely if someone just wants to enjoy Halo 3 they'll feel less ripped off by this bundle because they're ready to go.

By selling it in a plastic wallet they've stopped resales as most stores won't take games without a box, and personally I wouldn't buy a boxless game knowing it probably hasn't been looked after.

BuG

Wario64 said:
Thanks for the serial number, I'm now a proud registered owner of a Halo 3 Xbox 360 Special Edition console
:lol Didn't this happen a while ago with IGN? I think it was even you who went ahead and did it?

edit: Oh, it was demi. Nevermind, still lold. And I don't mind this console, to me it doesn't look as bad as everyone seems to think. The only thing that disappoints me is the white tray which really should've been the green or a dark grey or something.

Timan

Developer
VPhys said:
The Box is hot, the console not.

Ha yea, one of the rare occasions where the packing looks better than its contents. I really wanna smack whoever was incharge of this sku. As a hardcore halo fan that would buy pretty much anything... between this console and the shitty controllers... I feel left out.

Danielsan

Looks like garbage. Seriously who ever did the design for this and thought it looked good should get dropkicked in the face.

Stinkles said:

If someone is willing to pay that much money for the console, that's a serious Halo fan and we won't know which version of the game to include. We considered including the regular, limited and Legendary content (though not the Helmet). In the end it was decided that the purchaser would wish to choose for themselves.

And we wouldn't have "given" it away, we'd have basically had to charge for the game too.

That settles that.

OR DOES IT

Barnolde

Banned
Stinkles said:

So why did you include the regular Halo 2 in these Xbox bundles? Halo 2 was pretty big as well and sold very well on its own.

15.jpg

16.jpg

What if the consumer wanted Halo 2 LE?

Halo 3 being included would just mean $60 less for MS.

Alcander

Box is hawt. Its truly a shame that the console is so god damn ugly, the thing is seriously like pea soup green. Should have stuck to dark gray like the zune.

beermonkey@tehbias said:
So if you swap in a 120GB drive you break the color scheme.
If you are up to it, you can change the hdd inside around from the 20gig to the 120gigger, basicly changing cases.

*edit* :lol at wario taking the serial

GhaleonEB

The styling looks similar to the Halo 3 Zune, which is very nice looking. I like that the Halo 3 branding on it is subtle, unlike say, those Mcfarlane controllers.

Is that the first time the UNSCDF log has been seen? I only recall UNSC before.

Havok

GhaleonEB said:
The styling looks similar to the Halo 3 Zune, which is very nice looking. I like that the Halo 3 branding on it is subtle, unlike say, those Mcfarlane controllers.

Is that the first time the UNSCDF log has been seen? I only recall UNSC before.

Its all over in Halo 2, especially in Cairo Station. Unless you mean on the console itself, in which case I apologize, and am not sure.

Barnolde said:
So why did you include the regular Halo 2 in these Xbox bundles? Halo 2 was pretty big as well and sold very well on its own.
Was these Halo 2 bundles available at the launch of Halo 2?

Halvie

Banned
hmm must be a new version of the Hitachi drives. Way quieter than my old system with a Hitachi. The same or a tad quieter than a benq.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Got mine today. The color is awesome. No HDMI cable though.
GhaleonEB said:
What content is on the HDD? Just the vidocs and trailers?
Tell you in an hour after I am done connecting it.

GhaleonEB said:
What content is on the HDD? Just the vidocs and trailers?

Haven't had time to set it up. Will do when I get back home from a wedding I'm leaving for right now.

The disc tray is gray.

And FWIW, Wario did not register the concsole. ;)

My buddy just got it and first-hand it looks AWESOME. It has 4 or 5 demos on it, a ton of videos (of all kinds, nothing you would pay for I don't think) and probably 15 Arcade demos on it....definitely awesome!

I REALLY want one now even though I just bought an Elite a few months ago...:lol

Shins said:
Same as the new premiums then. How much are HDMI cables selling for separately, anyway?

$50, which is why I just went ahead and bought an elite.

Edit: sorry, though u meant the official MS one, which has the optical audio/RCA audio dongle.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Xbox.com Is awfuly slow. I cannot register the damn thing.
edit: where is the option to register a console?

As a "fanservice" to Halo fans, I'd say it's pretty nice. May not be for me, the average Halo player not deep into the "mythology" of the Halo universe, but otherwise has nice little touches. Thanks for the pics, siamesedreamer.

If, when the chance presents itself, maybe you or someone else could take photos without the flash. To anyone who hasn't fiddled with their camera much, just find a place with good lighting (preferably natural lighting), and if your camera allows it, switch to a higher ISO setting (and if the picture gets grainy, switch to a higher resolution so that when the shot is reduced, it cleans up nicely). That should give a good look at the color in a more true-to-life environment.

That packaging, though, will hook many a person.

Top Bottom