• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 Special Edition Xbox 360 pics

Halo3_console001.jpg

Halo3_console003.jpg

Halo3_console004.jpg

Halo3_console005.jpg

Ok im going to say again that I like it.

I got a mate who is getting one of these free, damn I knew I should have gone worked at gamestation instead of doing more university :lol

It's selling pretty well at Amazon.com, which I'm surprised by. Maybe many of the people who were waiting for Halo 3 before getting a 360 are buying the Halo LE version?

It seems likely.

Timan

Developer
Fatalah said:
What type of dvd-drive are they using now?

I swear everyone asks about the drive when it comes to 360 being quite, mines the loudest pos before I even put a game in the thing.

Its a shame they picked the green over the gray like the h3 zune. Detail is nice tho.

Lo-Volt

Sho_Nuff82 said:
United
Nations
Space
Command
Defense
Force

???

Spot on.

And what's with the leetspeak on that box? I am not pleased. I want a civilian UN Halo 360 stat, get some class into this abhorrent practice.

And weren't the revised Pros quieter anyway?

Probably the ugliest color scheme for a console, ever. However, if it's quiet then that means they're finally making some noticable hardware revisions.

ant1532

Banned
Yuck, and wtf with no Halo 3...

Also, when are they going to smarten up and release a wearable Master Chief Helmet that doubles as a headset!!!??

How awesome would it be playing Halo 3 sunday morning in your pajamas with the helmet on on Live???!!!

ant1532 said:
Also, when are they going to smarten up and release a wearable Master Chief Helmet that doubles as a headset!!!??

How awesome would it be playing Halo 3 sunday morning in your pajamas with the helmet on on Live???!!!
4yjyj5k.jpg

OH MY GOD

ant1532 said:

Then a Jehova's Witness knocks on your door. The police show up several minutes later.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
It looks fine - a green 360 with Halo 3 art...

And it doesn't come with Halo 3 so that you could obviously chose which version you want to pick up alongside it ofcourse - or do you all want a Halo 3 360 for each version of the game to have another thing to complain about on a nice Sunday like this? :lol

Again, that box is just hot...

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
Now that is an ugly color scheme. For the price you don't even get the game...and couldn't they have at least colored the dvd tray.

Jswanko

Diablohead said:
Ok im going to say again that I like it.

I got a mate who is getting one of these free, damn I knew I should have gone worked at gamestation instead of doing more university :lol

That was a very "english" statement. :lol

Manp

beermonkey@tehbias said:
So if you swap in a 120GB drive you break the color scheme.

green, gold, black, yellow and red... a little bit of gray and silver can't really make things worse

:)

Kuroyume

Banned
Does it have the extra fan and all that other new stuff? Btw, I heard that this version of the 360 has an exclusive theme and extra content. Any truth to that? Details?

Barnolde

Banned
Skilotonn said:
And it doesn't come with Halo 3 so that you could obviously chose which version you want to pick up alongside it ofcourse - or do you all want a Halo 3 360 for each version of the game to have another thing to complain about on a nice Sunday like this? :lol
That's the dumbest reasoning ever. Why not just include the cheapest one? Any Halo nerd who bought that ugly box would probably want to have all 3 versions of the game anyway.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Thanks for the serial number, I'm now a proud registered owner of a Halo 3 Xbox 360 Special Edition console

If they included the game, they would have had to time the release of this 360 exactly on the day of Halo 3 release.

Barnolde said:
That's the dumbest reasoning ever. Why not just include the cheapest one? Any Halo nerd who bought that ugly box would probably want to have all 3 versions of the game anyway.

What's dumb about that reasoning? It's certainly smarter than thinking the average SE console buyer would also buy 3 copies of the same game.

I think the real reason there's no Halo 3 bundled in is that NPD doesn't track bundled software.

Barnolde

Banned
AdmiralViscen said:
What's dumb about that reasoning? It's certainly smarter than thinking the average SE console buyer would also buy 3 copies of the same game.

I think the real reason there's no Halo 3 bundled in is that NPD doesn't track bundled software.

The real reasoning isn't that MS wanted to give people choice, it's that they don't need to include it, it'd sell at $60, $70 and $130 anyway. It'd be like giving away money to them when they know they can milk the consumer and get away with it.

If they wanted to give people Halo 3, they could include the cheapest version, it's the same game after all, is it not?

Top Bottom