• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Interview With Footage, Probably No Beta [Up: Official Making Of Video]

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I can't even fathom. There's no way he can be that obliviously ignorant. It has to be a stupid, tasteless joke, or intentional account suicide. Either way, it's really effing stupid, and I'm showing some pretty serious restraint in not raging about it more.

ANYWAYS: Can't believe it hasn't even been 24 hours since the Halo 4 news hit this morning! Can't wait to see what we learn in the weekly bulletin on Wednesday.

Ken

I'd like more variation in the Armory too and would definitely be open to armour packs if it keeps things fresh. It would just be nicer if it didn't take longer than the life of the universe in playtime to unlock everything.

My problem was once you hit a certain rank (that's pretty far away from the max rank), you've unlocked all the helmets. All that's left are the attachments and that Haunted helmet, I suppose.

Apath

Dear 343,

Use a Steelbook case for the Collector's Edition. Do not use those stupid giant tin boxes or non-DVD sized cases that look ugly and are cumbersome to open. Please.

Sincerely,
someone who loved the Halo 2 collector's edition and hasn't bought a Halo CE since 3. (AKA I skipped Reach CE because of the crappy box.)

heckfu

Banned
Dear 343,

Use a Steelbook case for the Collector's Edition. Do not use those stupid giant tin boxes or non-DVD sized cases that look ugly and are cumbersome to open. Please.

Sincerely,
someone who loved the Halo 2 collector's edition and hasn't bought a Halo CE since 3. (AKA I skipped Reach CE because of the crappy box.)

lololol what a silly reason to not buy a game.

Redford

aka Cabbie
I can see myself having a problem with that BR reticule, but at least it's better than H3's, which I had zero faith in.

Havok

Well, the context for one. Kilkill wolfrape? wat?
A producer on the game (who seems like an incredibly nice person) is named Kiki Wolfkill and he made a tasteless play on the name.

Zeal said:
image.php
Imposter.

Zeal

Banned
I think the dude was actually trying to compliment her with the KillKill comment, as stupid as it was. Whatever.

A producer on the game (who seems like an incredibly nice person) is named Kiki Wolfkill and he made a tasteless play on the name.

And derailed the thread.

WIMMENZ MAKIN' MY GAMES ZOMG.

Jesus christ. The level of discourse in Halo threads has hit a whole new low.

I just don't get why anybody would want to disrespect someone named Kiki WOLFKILL

we should be worshipping her

I just want to talk about Halo you know, and sexists gotta fuck that up too.

okenny

Banned
Sigh....

Kiki Wolfkill is her her name. I was having penny arcade flashbacks. Sorry!!

She had the executive producer title so I was wondering if she was Ryan Paiton's replacement since it doesn't sound he left 343i on the best of terms. I guess there's not enough in the new game to hate so the thread is eager to turn on someone.

I'm not Jesus! I don't want to die
for your sins ;_;

Mechazawa

So. Bout the story.

I know Frankie was still what uppin' at Bungie towards the tail end of Halo 3 and I guess he was involved in the story. Is the story 343's gonna roll with the same one Bungie had in mind with the Legendary ending?

Sigh....

Kiki Killwolf is her her name. I was having penny arcade flashbacks. Sorry!!

She had the executive producer title so I was wondering if she was Ryan Paiton's replacement since it doesn't sound he left 343i on the best of terms. I guess there's not enough in the new game to hate so the thread is eager to turn on someone.

I'm not Jesus! I don't want to die
for your sins ;_;

Plenty of thread partakers don't find your rape joke to be at all funny. Oh look a woman, let's make a rape reference in regards to her name. What the fucking hell made you think that's at all appropriate?

Ken

So. Bout the story.

I know Frankie was still what uppin' at Bungie towards the tail end of Halo 3 and I guess he was involved in the story. Is the story 343's gonna roll with the same one Bungie had in mind with the Legendary ending?

Given that their Making of Video opens with the Legendary Ending? Pretty likely I'd guess.

adelante

Who's the Killkill Wolfrape woman? she seems like a new face. Is she the winner of the Ryan Paiton fight?

Wow...

Anyway, love what I'm seeing and hearing so far. But I do hope that performance-altering perks are available to the player frm the get-go. I'm a bit curious about them mentioning how the campaign will make you understand just who Master Chief really is... playable flashback sequences perhaps?

Mechazawa

Given that their Making of Video opens with the Legendary Ending? Pretty likely I'd guess.
I'm not asking if they're picking up from there, that's a given. I mean if, like, 343 is having to bullshit something up or if Bungie ever confirmed there was ever a plot in mind that ever extended further out than just what the Legendary ending showed.

Ken

I'm not asking if they're picking up from there, that's a given. I mean if, like, 343 is having to bullshit something up or if Bungie ever confirmed there was ever a plot in mind that ever extended further out than just what the Legendary ending showed.

I doubt we'll find out anytime soon.

Havok

lol, I'm about to change it. I paused the video to go grab a bite to east at Sonic and it stopped directly on this image. I cracked up so bad I had to cap it.
My avatars for the last four years are direct results of pausing Bungie and 343 ViDocs when Frank is onscreen. I know the feeling :p

i wonder if they'll pull a halo 2 with the ending so people have to buy the next xbox too see what happens next.

also, i dont care why the red and blue fight, why not just let rooster teeth have fun with it and let it be?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I guess there's not enough in the new game to hate so the thread is eager to turn on someone.
Don't deflect. Personally, I'm happy to take a break from spazzing over Halo news to point out how infinitely inappropriate and fucked up your comment was.

Plenty of thread partakers don't find your rape joke to be at all funny. Oh look a woman, let's make a rape reference in regards to her name. What the fucking hell made you think that's at all appropriate?
Pretty much. Offensive doesn't even begin to describe it.

Okay. Gonna rage for a second: OKENNY, DON'T SHIT UP NEOGAF WITH YOUR SEXIST + MISOGYNIST BULLSHIT. I'm really sick of dudes being completely careless and reckless with their shitty, narrow-minded, sexist views, and then turning around and wondering why everyone else is "too sensitive". Take a fucking nanosecond to think before you spew your bile, or GTFO.

blamite

I have a feeling that what 343 is doing right now isn't exactly what Bungie had planned. Specifically with regards to the Forerunners, I think there are some quotes from Bungie employees about what they were supposed to be all about, and what 343's been doing so far is pretty different.

TheOddOne

Bungie actually toyed with the idea of making Halo 4, so some ideas most have come forth. Did 343 take those ideas? I don't think so, because Halo 4 has been in development during both ODST and Reach. I think it's 343 own story, if you look at the books (Greg Bear's Forerunner and Karen Traviss Post Halo 3 books), you can see that their focus is set on other things which Bungie only touched upon.

That actually caught me off guard when it was mentioned in the vidoc.

I honestly didn't even know people cared about that.

People started to care when elites were implemented into the games. Reach solidified this with invasion that is kind of canon while regular multiplayer isn't, so it got people thinking along those lines.

I honestly didn't even know people cared about that.
I did, kindof. I mean I never actually wanted to know or expected to find a reason for red spartans fighting blue spartans in particular, but I did find it odd that a game with such a rich backstory didn't provide any story context whatsoever to the multiplayer.

But that's what Invasion was for. An attempt at recreating would-be classic Halo battles with more of an objective focus. It didn't work as well as I had hoped, but it was nice to see Bungie try to move the multiplayer into some interesting new directions.

The idea that there are compelling reasons for Red vs Blue spins my mind in all kinds of neat directions though.

This poor, poor thread.

For those of you hating on 343i I honestly cannot understand it. They have essentially shown that they want to correct every 'mistake' that has been made with the Halo franchise. They've done it in a very classy way as to not offend Bungie, but you can tell that they are interested in making Halo 4 an entirely different game than its predecessor, Reach.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
People are getting way too sensitive in here.
Instead of trying to demonize and delegitimize women and other people who take sexism seriously, how about you speak out against the people spewing sexist bile in the first place?

That'd be swell.

Edit : I'm so sick of putting up with this crap. Just wanna nerd out about Halo 4 news. :-(

Zeal

Banned
Instead of trying to demonize and delegitimize women and other people who take sexism seriously, how about you speak out against the people spewing sexist bile in the first place?

That'd be swell.

OK, I don't even know the dude, but it's obvious to me that the guy was attempting to make a crude joke that failed, not intentionally being sexist or demoralize women or whatever it's trying to be turned into.

The Halo community is filled with a bunch of children who say "rape" in association with kill whenever they're on fire in the game, so to speak. I.e., comments such as "you just got raped! killtacular!". Yes, crude and stupid, but it's clearly not meant in a sexual or intentionally demoralizing way. It's just your typical, stupid online slang.

The woman has an awesome name, Kiki Wolfkill. He attempted to make a Halo play on it such as kill, kill, and rape, as is the typical Halo babble online nowadays, unfortunately. Well, not just Halo, but CoD, and any other FPS nowadays, sadly. Like I said, I'm not down with that type of immature slang, but it's clear to me he wasn't attempting to direct anything sexual at her.

Anyway, just sayin'.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Can't wait to see what new medals we'll get. But maybe a little less this time?

The guy is banned, hope we can move on from this soon.

OK, I don't even know the dude, but it's obvious to me that the guy was attempting to make a crude joke that failed, not intentionally being sexist or demoralize women or whatever it's trying to be turned into.

The Halo community is filled with a bunch of children who say "rape" in association with kill whenever they're on fire in the game, so to speak. I.e., comments such as "you just got raped! killtacular!". Yes, crude and stupid, but I don't it's clearly not meant in a sexual way.

The woman has an awesome name, Kiki Wolfkill. He attempted to make a Halo play on it such as kill, kill, and rape, as is the typical Halo babble online nowadays, unfortunately. Like I said, I'm not down with that type of immature slang, but it's clear to me he wasn't attempting to direct anything sexual at her.

Anyway, just sayin'.

Doesn't need to be sexual, it's not necessary and it just bogged the thread down in derailment and bullshit.

TheOddOne

This poor, poor thread.

For those of you hating on 343i I honestly cannot understand it. They have essentially shown that they want to correct every 'mistake' that has been made with the Halo franchise. They've done it in a very classy way as to not offend Bungie, but you can tell that they are interested in making Halo 4 an entirely different game than its predecessor, Reach.
Pretty much. I am glad that they are also putting their own stamp on the series, instead of retracing everything and calling it a day.

Can't wait to see what new medals we'll get. But maybe a little less this time?
There's still so much info to feast on. Whats up with Firefight? Forge? Saved Films? Is the arena idea coming back? Invasion? Is it still 4 player co-op? Do we play as copies of the chief or as secondary characters? Whats this new threat? How do spartan IVs get involved? etc etc etc etc.

And hell, is there really no beta?

Zeal

Banned
As long as Halo 4 has some type of amazing firefight mode, I will be tickled as shit. It came to the point that I would sit and play only that mode for hours with friends. Killing wave after wave of Covenant together with fellow Spartans is the very spirit of Halo.

Veronica

Banned
This is the Halo thread, not a feminist discussion. I understood what the dude was trying to say, yes it failed, but I personally do not get offended when I get called certain names, especially when I play the game.

By the way, I enjoyed the new Halo 4 footage very much. Hope to see some more soon, great job 343i.

Top Bottom