• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 leaked?

I can't understand how some people have said things like "one of the best looking game in console" and others have said things like "it looks meh". WTF?

Izick

One of the absolute best looking games this gen. Hopefully it plays as well as it looks.

I know it's not Bungie, but it looks to play just as good as the past games, which are amazing if you want a Halo-ass Halo game. I'm ready for a Halo-ass Halo game.

mxgt

Banned
I can't understand how some people have said things like "one of the best looking game in console" and others have said things like "it looks meh". WTF?

Certainly doesn't impress me at all but I'm mainly a PC gamer. Plus it's hard to really judge graphical fidelity from compressed youtube videos.

Looks like every other Fps ever made.. Whoever thinks this is uncharted or killzone territory.. Sorry but I know a good place to buy new glasses.
have you actually played killzone 3 recently? it hasnt aged well and the detail is nowhere up to par compared to.what i have seen from halo 4.

SparkTR

Like I said before it's kind of inconsistent, it depends what part of the game the person saw but its high points can certainly get near Uncharted 3 levels of fidelity. Also it depends on your background as well, if you game on high end PC stuff might not seem all that great.

Bloodrage

Banned
No I mean some people won't accept a Halo game can look as good as the best exclusives this gen on consoles.
Hey I'd accept it if it were true. The issue at hand is that yes, Halo fans are overstating their praise just because they finally have a Halo that isn't a fugly turd. Halo 4 doesn't even begin to look as good as this gen's best, though. It still maintains that plastic look all around.

Reiko

Banned
Hey I'd accept it if it were true. The issue at hand is that yes, Halo fans are overstating their praise just because they finally have a Halo that isn't a fugly turd. Halo 4 doesn't even begin to look as good as this gen's best, though. It still maintains that plastic look all around.

But that doesn't make any sense. One of the best looking games... God of War 3 suffers from the plastic look.

lockload

Ive seen the halo4 campaign in person and its looks much better than the last game, i really dont know how they have done it (as well as going to 720p native)

abadguy

Banned

Halo games were never the best looking console games but " fugly turds"? Dat hyperbole!

Its hilarious watching people try to downplay how good it looks but its not surprising .It is Halo after all.

anastazius

Neo Member
I was impressed by the graphical upgrade from Halo 3 to Reach, and now that I see the difference between Reach and 4, well, lets just say I'm gonna be very pleased with my purchase come 6th November.

I guess some people just don't like Halo's aesthetic, possibly the same people who thought Wind Waker's graphics were "rubbish", but each to his own.

I think this, 'Deus Ex Human Revolution' and 'Dishonored' are all amazing-looking games, maybe just as they've obviously had a very clear design and style in mind that was executed solidly from concept to finish.

anastazius

Neo Member
The 'Forza Horizon' demo has made me want to buy the game on launch day. And I've never done that with a racing game before.. it feels like being on holiday or something, its that good.

They pretty much mashed together Forza with Burnout and Test Drive Unlimited, and made it somehow work really really well.

Heck, in the 2nd race of the demo I was racing against a motherfucking PLANE. Like something out of the Top Gear challenges.. So awesome.

cgcg

Inconsistent framerate, zero real time environmental shadows. No motion blur. I just don't see how this is up there with the best graphically. Nice draw distance though.

HALO 4 easily looks as good as the top looking games this gen. What are you smoking?

bj00rn_

Banned

OMG, U SO HARDCORE! OOOOOOOO!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Is there no way of MS finding out about the leakers?

This is fucking crazy

1 month+ release

Usually titles are street date broken by a few weeks, but this is ridiculous, you would think they would have a way to follow who leaked it

I always feel bad for the people who worked on it when it gets leaked this early. One of the problems with blockbuster type games is marketing is going to send review copies to a bazillion outlets, including ones they probably know aren't that trustworthy. Social media is a lot bigger now than it was 4 or 5 years ago too, so the impact from a leak is much more harmful than it used to be. Lots of casual people will probably get spoiled through no fault of their own.

well, many of the blind fanboys also base their "best graphics ever omg!!" claims on YouTube footage too. just sayin

Well, there are some official screenshots, and screen grabs from gameplay videos.

Why didn't you pose this question to those who are claiming how incredible it looks based on the same video?

But yes you can tell all that from the youtube video. It's clear enough.

I have seen a lot of footage from weeks ago, don't need to look the leaked videos for knowing Halo 4 is one of the best looking game on console.

Why didn't you pose this question to those who are claiming how incredible it looks based on the same video?

But yes you can tell all that from the youtube video. It's clear enough.

You can see how great a game looks graphically from a picture. The stuff you whined about, you can't.

Top Bottom