• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 leaked?

cgcg

I have seen a lot of footage from weeks ago, don't need to look the leaked videos for knowing Halo 4 is one of the best looking game on console.

Are you purposely trying to be obtuse? Look at the the question you asked me and re-read my response to your post. I wasn't talking about you.

You can see how great a game looks graphically from a picture. The stuff you whined about, you can't.

You can tell from a picture that it didn't have real-time environmental shadows? You're so awesome. Or maybe you'll just play the pictures? The stuff I *whined* about, lol it's only one post, but I guess somehow that hurt your feelings. Psst, by the way the game has framerate problems. A problem if I remember right that you loved to whine about, on and on and on. So I guess I will be expecting you to do that same here about the framerate issue.

All this from a YT video?

There are tons of real time enviro shadows. The game uses the same stzlye of enviro shadows as kz3. Backed mixed with real. Backed switch out to higherres more accuarte realtime versions the closer you move to them. YOu can see it in the videos and in forge mode preview

Reiko

Banned
Inconsistent framerate, zero real time environmental shadows. No motion blur. I just don't see how this is up there with the best graphically. Nice draw distance though.

You ever noticed that there is not a single console exclusive that contains every bell & whistle? Crytek tried that with Crysis 2 and people complained about the resolution and framerate.

abadguy

Banned
well, many of the blind fanboys also base their "best graphics ever omg!!" claims on YouTube footage too. just sayin

What about all the direct footage out there. Not tomention those who have played it and posted about how great it looks? Who are these "blind fanboys" claiming it has the best graphics ever? I've seen many praising the art direction ,at most saying how its "up there with the best looking console games " and it is.

Are you purposely trying to be obtuse? Look at the the question you asked me and re-read my response to your post. I wasn't talking about you.

Well, I will wait for some 720p footage, I don´t know the video quality of leaked videos.

Taking the last images and videos (not leaked) as example I guess we can't doubt the graphics quality of Halo 4

because AA and general IQ isnt important. right.

Realtime footage (from videos and screenshots) looks really good, FXAA. Have you seen Forza Horizon IQ?

J-Roderton

Damn. Time to get hyped up I guess.

Kind of off topic, but could someone tell me if I bought a 360 with no harddrive, could I just use my 2gig flash drive that's formatted for 360? I would only be saving Halo 4 files anyway. Basically, do I absolutely need a harddrive?

Kind of off topic, but could someone tell me if I bought a 360 with no harddrive, could I just use my 2gig flash drive that's formatted for 360? I would only be saving Halo 4 files anyway. Basically, do I absolutely need a harddrive?

You can use a flash drive (up to 16gb) for saves and even installing games.

Xbox 360 Slim has 4gb of internal storage.

They are in 720p. Looks like direct feed as well, could be wrong on that though.

Temptation...

The leaked footage's quality is pretty good. Youtube-720p-good, but still nice to look at.

If Forza Horizon is any indication of how clean new exclusives can look, we're in for a treat.

If I correctly recall, you will need at least 4gb (maybe 8?) to play Halo. Or at least to play any and every mode offered (Spartan Ops need a big install).

EDIT: what XtremeXpider says, also.

rakka

Who are these "blind fanboys" claiming it has the best graphics ever?
oh I don't know. the ones claiming it shouldn't be possible on 360. the ones claiming how fucking absolutely amazing it looks before even playing the game. yeah it looks to be an improvement. but I'll reserve my final judgement for when I buy the game and play it myself.

Reiko

Banned
oh I don't know. the ones claiming it shouldn't be possible on 360. the ones claiming how fucking absolutely amazing it looks before even playing the game. yeah it looks to be an improvement. but I'll reserve my final judgement for when I buy the game and play it myself.

Since Halo 3/ODST/Reach have been previously Sub HD...

Now we're getting all of that with 720p and FXAA. Either I'm in bizarro land or there is some serious goal post moving going on...

Is there another screen grab? And some gifs will be welcome xD

Nope:/

rakka

Realtime footage (from videos and screenshots) looks really good, FXAA. Have you seen Forza Horizon IQ?
Yes. I've played the demo, pretty impressive. it would make sense to also wait until I play halo 4 before making final judgement, would it not?

not doubting how good it will look. I'll probably be quite impressed but some of the claims here are just ridiculous.

kylej

Banned
You do realise that the probable source of these leaks is from the workplace of production facilities in Mexico and elsewhere? Workplace theft and being the source of serious copyright theft usually warrants a lot of trouble.

The film industry is the same, the guy that steals the copy of the film and uploads it is usually the one that gets thrown in jail.

emot-phone(1).gif
Excuse me, is this the Mexican authorities? Yes I'd like to report the theft of a Halo video game disc. Oh your entire country is embroiled in a violent, brutal drug war? Ok great but if you could please check into the theft of Halo 4 that would mean a lot, it's very important.

Yes. I've played the demo, pretty impressive. it would make sense to also wait until I play halo 4 before making final judgement, would it not?

not doubting how good it will look. I'll probably be quite impressed but some of the claims here are just ridiculous.

The same here, I'm not saying "wow, it is the best looking game", I will wait until putting the disc on my console, but I'm sure the game is really impressive.

Reiko

Banned
The same here, I'm not saying "wow, it is the best looking game", I will wait until putting the disc on my console, but I'm sure the game is really impressive.

Everybody has been saying one of the best. Not the best.

The last time some of GAF went really hyperbolic was with Uncharted 3.

abadguy

Banned

Saying "it shouldn't be possible " on the 360 and "best graphics ever", and frankly comments like that tend to come about from people grossly underestimating what the console can even do. Constantly people on forums portray it as this weak console and the mighty PS3 is agen ahead of it.

Its also interesting seeing people take issue with those claiming it to be one of the best looking console games , when UC3 came out i saw plenty of posts that went like, "omg,looks next gen!".

danwarb

I think people are just getting a bit ahead of themselves here ...

Yeah, stealing and finishing the game a month before its release date.

It's a very pretty game. That some apparently take offence to the hyperbole in threads like this is hilarious.

rakka

danwarb said:
It's a very pretty game. That some apparently take offence to the hyperbole in threads like this is hilarious.
bungie sucks! halo 4 takes a big dump on reach and 3. finally some competent developers on halo. fuck yeah!! shit is abso-fucking-credible!

yeah, no, not at all offensive to an actual halo fan at all.

Reiko

Banned
bungie sucks! halo 4 takes a big dump on reach and 3. finally some competent developers on halo. fuck yeah!! shit is abso-fucking-credible!

...But it does look better than 3 and Reach.

Read some of the posts in this thread. You have non Halo fans complimenting the graphics. Apparently 343i is doing something right.

abadguy

Banned

Yeah, i hate when posters feel the need to shit on what Bungie has done, dosen't change the fact that this is far superior graphically to the previous games and a great looking console game in it's own right. Where 343i has to prove themselves now is gameplay.

fritolay

Wow this game's graphics look impressive. I can't believe this system came out in 2005.

Now not only do I want to play this game, I can't wait for the next systems to hit the shelves.

eso76

Part 3 from the previously leaked videos
*Spoilers* of course..
Looks freaking amazing!!! Still cant believe it´s the 360 doing this! o_O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOrvzAJhxII

i have to admit.
From the gameplay and behind the scenes videos, i had the impression it was mostly cutscenes that made people go apeshit on the graphics, while gameplay snippets, i never really found too impressive or that much better looking than Reach.
But this video, man.
Holy crap, i've only seen a few seconds of it, skipping back and forth, but this is impressive.

And is that screenshot posted earlier direct feed ?
Could they be using the same AA solution seen in Forza Horizon ? it's almost perfect.

Sid

The leaked footage's quality is pretty good. Youtube-720p-good, but still nice to look at.

If Forza Horizon is any indication of how clean new exclusives can look, we're in for a treat.

If I correctly recall, you will need at least 4gb (maybe 8?) to play Halo. Or at least to play any and every mode offered (Spartan Ops need a big install).

EDIT: what XtremeXpider says, also.
Doesn't forza use MSAA while this uses FXAA?

A guy with a Kratos avatar is questioning a 360 exclusive title. Go figure.
So just because i have a kratos avatar i can't say anything negative about a 360 exclusive?I own a 360 too btw.

Doesn't forza use MSAA while this uses FXAA?

So just because i have a kratos avatar i can't say anything negative about a 360 exclusive?I own a 360 too btw.

From what i read the new forza is 720p 4xMsaa with some kind of FXAA filter.
343 had a long time to optimize FXAA it was actually a 343 Engineer that sped up the FXAA v1.0 with 40% if im not mistaken and increased the quality.

Sid

From what i read the new forza is 720p 4xMsaa with some kind of FXAA filter.
343 had a long time to optimize FXAA it was actually a 343 Engineer that sped up the FXAA v1.0 with 40% if im not mistaken and increased the quality.
That is pretty cool,i'm watching my second and last halo 4 vid and i have to say that the day section looks way better than the night one.

Yeah, i hate when posters feel the need to shit on what Bungie has done, dosen't change the fact that this is far superior graphically to the previous games and a great looking console game in it's own right. Where 343i has to prove themselves now is gameplay.

Great post. Bungie did an awesome job regarding gameplay, but this Halo looks very nice indeed. I hope that the gameplay/AI can keep up. The fact that the guy in the vid plays on easy, makes it hard to comment on the AI, but the AI does not look too good in the vids.

I just skipped around the video but I saw one part where a jackal dove out of the way of a nade and then scrambled to get back up and into position. Great animations and AI.

adelante

i have to admit.
From the gameplay and behind the scenes videos, i had the impression it was mostly cutscenes that made people go apeshit on the graphics, while gameplay snippets, i never really found too impressive or that much better looking than Reach.
But this video, man.
Holy crap, i've only seen a few seconds of it, skipping back and forth, but this is impressive.

And is that screenshot posted earlier direct feed ?
Could they be using the same AA solution seen in Forza Horizon ? it's almost perfect.

This was the video that left me very impressed with the visuals, specifically the outdoor scenes. Where the game lacks in sharp and clean IQ, it more than makes up for it in the environment's relatively generous polygon count, texture variety and how the way the artists tie them all together by mimicking the effects of global illumination (which also results in the game having balanced saturation levels overall... no color looks "off") It's also not often that I see 360 games with such pleasing contrast levels.. good freakin job 343

EDIT: ^^^ that screenshot shows the exact location I was describing heh

Ya friend has modded 360 and played first 2 missions. He isnt a fan of HALO and he said he couldn't believe the graphics. Im coming over to play. Will post pics tonight.

Again top tier graphics to be had in HALO 4.

So good.

Why are people comparing graphics to God of War? In Halo 4 you're not herded down linear corridors with no ability to free look. That's just silly. The Killzone comparison is fine as they both attempt to do the same thing. Halo just looks better, but then again I've played Killzone 3 and havent played Halo 4 yet to judge it properly. Maybe it doesn't look as good live on my TV.

Dennis

Banned
Wow this game's graphics look impressive. I can't believe this system came out in 2005.

Now not only do I want to play this game, I can't wait for the next systems to hit the shelves.

Yup, just imagine what a game for the Xbox 720 will look like in 2021.

No that is not a typo. 2021.

The 360 came out in 2005 and now we are getting Halo 4 seven years later.

If the next Xbox comes out in 2014 the equivalent game to this would come out in 2021.

2021! Mindblowing. And people thought we would live in colonies on Mars by then........

delta25

Banned
Ya friend has modded 360 and played first 2 missions. He isnt a fan of HALO and he said he couldn't believe the graphics. Im coming over to play. Will post pics tonight.

Again top tier graphics to be had in HALO 4.

So good.

I'm betting the parts in bold weren't the best things to say...

zychi

Banned

You're gonna need WAYYY more space to play Halo4 online. Its a good 7.5 gigs mandatory install.

Top Bottom