• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4: Return of the Forerunners - Part Two ViDoc

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I want to know what the hell Bungie were doing all that time that this looks like, infinitely visually better.

Lordhood.jpg

343 is doing amazing things, very impressive. Even more so boeing Jat halo 4 is thier first game as a developer.

Looking good.

Still don't know if this will actually add anything new to Halo, or just be the same old stuff in a new can.

One thing I enjoy by all these reveals is that the number of trolls keeps getting smaller

Running out of stuff to make jokes about, eh? (just ignore multiplayer please)

No, it's okay, people are allowed to dislike the things you like.

sp3000

As the guy said it's going to be evolutionary. So the same old stuff in a new can that will be polished to perfection.

If you want revolutionary you have to wait for Bungie's project.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
The Prometheans are AI constructs created by the Forerunner to protect their worlds. Essentially, they are the Forerunners army.

Little else is known besides that, so don't worry!

Well the Prometheans are the Forerunner warrior class (Didact). The crawler/knight/watchers are Promethean AI units.

/nerd

:p

Tokubetsu

As the guy said it's going to be evolutionary. So the same old stuff in a new can that will be polished to perfection.

You just gonna ignore the part where he said truly great design is evolutionary, not revolutionary?

It's cool though. Let's hug and makeout because this new Halo game is gonna be amazing.

Lingitiz

Just finished the dl version of the video. Everything looks so damn good, really loving the design behind the Prometheans and the thought behind the encounters too.

For the first time since Halo, Requiem is a place I actually want to explore and learn about. I really hope that they are able to deliver on the feeling of mystery and exploration. It was hard to get that with Reach at all, and even Halo 2/3 failed at it because you jumped locations so often.

Who's composing the soundtrack?

Neil Davidge.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

nah if you break too far from what a game was... it makes it harder to push forward an ongoing story.

ends up struggling inbetween a new game and a sequel.

forrest

formerly nacire
Well the Prometheans are the Forerunner warrior class (Didact). The crawler/knight/watchers are Promethean AI units.

/nerd

:p

I was thinking Forerunners was just a term that the humans gave the Prometheans considering they didn't know what race, etc. they were. I have no clue though as I've never read the books, just played the games.

Pretty sure the original plan was to never reveal exactly what the Forerunners were.

Soon we'll finally get to see MC's face.

"You ARE Forerunner!"

Plus, a Bungie employee pretty much stated that was what Bungie had intended back when they were still working on the series. Been a while, though.

IHaveIce

Banned
I was thinking Forerunners was just a term that the humans gave the Prometheans considering they didn't know what race, etc. they were. I have no clue though as I've never read the books, just played the games.

Nope the Prometheans were just a caste of the Forerunners.

But even these Prometheans are not the "original" Promethans.

But I was also always wondering why a class should name theirselves Forerunners, maybe the original name is just lost.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

That works too more or less.

Forerunners have many classes in their race, Promethean being one.

sp3000

You just gonna ignore the part where he said truly great design is evolutionary, not revolutionary?

It's cool though. Let's hug and makeout because this new Halo game is gonna be amazing.

I disagree with him there. Regardless, the single player will be amazing.

Multiplayer though..

The promethean knights are as big as hunters and as agile as elites and more cunning. Who are on 343i's AI programming team to make such outlandish magical claims???

The video impresses but Bungie's AI is, still to this day, unmatched IMO. Trying to discern halo 4 facts from hype hurts my brain.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Makes we want Halo Wars 2. With a 3rd race.

Although I suppose they could have just made the Flood playable.

I disagree with him there. Regardless, the single player will be amazing.

Multiplayer though..

The SP will have all the power-up and abilities that the MP also has. Spec Ops will have character progression just like in the MP. You guys act as if the SP will have nothing that the MP and spec ops has when in fact it'll have pretty much everything those modes have. Sooo....

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Mmm, particles.

Arnie

I'm skeptical as fuck of the multiplayer portion, but the campaign footage so far has been faultless, in my opinion. I've even come around to the Promethean designs, which I was initially dubious of, mostly because of this video explaining the design language in detail.

Annoys me that 343 haven't deconstructed other parts of their design process in the same way. i'd love to know why armour abilities are returning, what both they and the perks add to the Halo core, and why things like the new scoring system were a necessary overhaul.

I do appreciate how the Didact's being kept under wraps, though. Hope they have the balls to show us nothing more until the game's in our Xbox.

Gui_PT

The SP will have all the power-up and abilities that the MP also has. Spec Ops will have character progression just like in the MP. You guys act as if the SP will have nothing that the MP and spec ops has when in fact it'll have pretty much everything those modes have. Sooo....

Uhm

So fighting AI in wide campaign levels is the same as fighting people on the internet on objective specific multiplayer maps?

Your posts are always so good

You can't even begin to compare them. Yes there will be AA's and same weapons but that's all you can compare.

Seriously.

Oh boy, this looks and moves really good (and sounds too :p)

Cortana's design feel a lot proteanish from their descriptions...

I got the impression from the first 3 games that forerunners were basically humans though.

It's almost clearly stated so, IIRC.

Some of the concepts in the beginning of the video look a lot like atrophied bodies using armors too. So maybe they haven't changed (much).

hnnnng.jpg

GOTY

Uhm

So fighting AI in wide campaign levels is the same as fighting people on the internet on objective specific multiplayer maps?

Your posts are always so good

People have been consistently complaining about the weapon drops and AA. AA will be in the SP and maybe even the weapon drops. If it was just about fighting people, there wouldn't be a god damn issue cause everyone that played it says the gameplay feels exactly like Halo.

I love how everyone just changes their arguments to fit their needs. Keep it up.

Bsigg12

That was Bungie's original plan, but what 343 ultimately did with them is something completely different.

Forerunners still have the human aesthetic. Prometheans for sake of being more efficient don't resemble Forerunners. As others have noted, Prometheans are AI constructs; a warrior class.

Top Bottom