• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4: Return of the Forerunners - Part Two ViDoc

Thanks Kibbles
ibj7XZjRNCFCv3.gif

amazing.gif

Gui_PT

People have been consistently complaining about the weapon drops and AA. AA will be in the SP and maybe even the weapon drops. If it was just about fighting people, there wouldn't be a god damn issue cause everyone that played it says the gameplay feels exactly like Halo.

I love how everyone just changes their arguments to fit their needs. Keep it up.

Dude

Seriously

That is a really dumb argument and an even dumber comparison

Quit while you're ahead

Dude

Seriously

That is a really dumb argument and an even dumber comparison

Quit while you're ahead

So now the reason that people don't like the MP isn't the AAs and weapon drops that are "CODish"? Please enlighten me. I must have missed that thread page.

Elginer

This looks amazing. Gesh, I shudder at what 343 with a next-gen Xbox can do. Shit will kill people due to the awesomeness.

I don't get it, did Bungie just not have any competent artists? Why is this one so much better looking than the others? I'm not complaining, this looks amazing.

Gui_PT

So now the reason that people don't like the MP isn't the AAs and weapon drops that are "CODish"? Please enlighten me. I must have missed that thread page.

You said the Campaign and the MP would be the same because there are AA's and Player Progression

Dude

Cmon

I don't even think I have a gif for that!

Edit: This one seems to do the job!

TDnMa.gif

Wurdfurd

As someone who has gotten all too used to PC gaming with high res textures and lots of AA and ambient occlusion, I can't really play console games anymore without criticizing the visuals to a point where i dont want to play.

This however looks great.

Arnie

Jesus wept.

People don't like weapon drops in a competitive setting, they don't like armour abilities that offer an innate advantage to opposing players, interfering with Halo's golden tripod, they don't like an experience system that benefits the individual and exists to unlock armour, and weapons, and more perks that stimulate player attributes before the game's even begun.

They aren't arsed about any of these things in a singleplayer environment, because the campaign doesn't exist to offer a competitive stimulus, nobody holds an advantage over you because it's a solo (or co-operative affair). Weapon pickups benefit the player, or his friends, not an opponent. As do armour abilities, or if the AI is using one they're an obstacle designed for player engagement, not obtruding into a one on one dynamic.

Your comprehension of this, or lack thereof is stunning.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

SO they choose the most boring Knight design?

Damn i dont think ill ever fully open up to the Knights, they just dont seem interesting.
The weapons of the Forerunners are just as boring....seriously i havent been this uninterested in characters and weapons since forever.

Considering this is a Halo game i am disappointed.

You said the Campaign and the MP would be the same because there are AA's

Dude

Cmon

I don't even think I have a gif for that!

No, i said the campaign and MP will share the same shit that people have been criticizing the MP for. Everyone thats down on the MP has made this criticism. The AA and Weapon drops. Everyone. And that's the ONLY reason why they are so skeptical of the MP. Well i got news for you, the AA and maybe even the weapon drops don't just disappear cause its the SP. I like reminding people of that. If you dont understand that fact then i dunno how much better to explain it to you.

Criticizing the MP for being COD'ish, but put those in the SP and its just genius? Wow. Wheres the gif for that?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
that was insane. graphics, particularly the lighting, just looks ace. the knights look killer and new weapons just look fun. so god damned hyped for this - the ending gave me super nerd chills

Arnie

No, i said the campaign and MP will share the same shit that people have been criticizing the MP for. Everyone thats down on the MP has made this criticism. The AA and Weapon drops. Everyone. And that's the ONLY reason why they are so skeptical of the MP. Well i got news for you, the AA and maybe even the weapon drops don't just disappear cause its the SP. I like reminding people of that. If you dont understand that fact then i dunno how much better to explain it.

Criticizing the MP for being COD'ish, but put those in the SP and its just genius? Wow. Wheres the gif for that?

You aren't isolating these features in their respective contexts, though. You've adopted this brick minded approximation of sensory feedback that lacks any sort of finesse or understanding.

It's like saying you love whiskey, so you drink it for breakfast with your toast. And it's fucking broken to the point of being baffling.

Context, Silly.Mikey. I think some people are sceptical of those additions to certain multiplayer gametypes largely because they think they will negatively affect the balance of the competitive multiplayer gameplay - these things don't have the same impact in the largely non-competitive environment of campaign.

Arnie

Context, Silly.Mikey. I think some people are sceptical of those additions to certain multiplayer gametypes largely because they think they will negatively affect the balance of the competitive multiplayer gameplay - these things don't have the same impact in the largely non-competitive environment of campaign.

I find pyjamas comfy, I'll wear them to work.

Mdot

The variety of environments shown in that vid was really promising. Really getting a CE feel in terms of exploration.

And that music. Wow.

Jesus wept.

People don't like weapon drops in a competitive setting, they don't like armour abilities that offer an innate advantage to opposing players, interfering with Halo's golden tripod, they don't like an experience system that benefits the individual and exists to unlock armour, and weapons, and more perks that stimulate player attributes before the game's even begun.

They aren't arsed about any of these things in a singleplayer environment, because the campaign doesn't exist to offer a competitive stimulus, nobody holds an advantage over you because it's a solo (or co-operative affair). Weapon pickups benefit the player, or his friends, not an opponent. As do armour abilities, or if the AI is using one they're an obstacle designed for player engagement, not obtruding into a one on one dynamic.

Your comprehension of this, or lack thereof is stunning.

I actually think I love you.

You aren't isolating these features in their respective contexts, though. You've adopted this brick minded approximation of sensory feedback that lacks any sort of finesse or understanding.

It's like saying you love whiskey, so you drink it for breakfast with your toast. And it's fucking broken to the point of being baffling.

I understand it quite well. Using COD features against people, bad. Using it against AI, incredibly original and exciting.

Arnie

I actually think I love you.

Truth and Reconciliation.

I understand it quite well. Using COD features against people, bad. Using it against AI, incredibly original and exciting.

You've still missed the point.

Those overlapping features drop into the periphery when the Campaign takes centre stage. We see Prometheans, and mystery, and glorious artwork, and the Master Chief, and guns that shift and build in the palm of your hands. That's why people are excited by these videos.

Competitive...please. You people talk as if you make 100k a year playing Halo. Jesus Christ lol

abadguy

Banned
SO they choose the most boring Knight design?

Damn i dont think ill ever fully open up to the Knights, they just dont seem interesting.
The weapons of the Forerunners are just as boring....seriously i havent been this uninterested in characters and weapons since forever.

Considering this is a Halo game i am disappointed.

We'll disagree on this one, nothing in that vid looked even remotely "boring" not the Knights and most definitely not the weapons. The Promethean weapons look more interesting than the Covvie weapons from previous Halos( minus the Needler) and the Knights look like they may be as challenging and fun to fight as the Elites were...

I agree. Both Turn 10 and 343 have produced some amazing tech, so I hope they continue to make more internal studios from scratch.

Yeah going by those two studios i am even more interested in seeing what Vancouver and Victoria can do.

If the Promethean weapons are literally part of the enemies, why don't they dissolve with the rest of the body when killed? And why are they able to be fired with a trigger? ;)

Game looks great. I can't wait to play it!

Gun Animations Goblishly Spectacular

Thanks Kibbles
iq5ax6mgZowI3.gif
iveZivm8cVWzb.gif
ibjFaHU0Y4aTEG.gif

If the Promethean weapons are literally part of the enemies, why don't they dissolve with the rest of the body when killed? And why are they able to be fired with a trigger? ;)

Game looks great. I can't wait to play it!

Because the Promethean weapons animate to form into a weapon that the user can use so it adapts to differenct physiciology.

Arnie

Competitive...please. You people talk as if you make 100k a year playing Halo. Jesus Christ lol

Oh dear lord.

Competitive doesn't mean 'MLG PRO', it means one human being opposing another. My nan playing Halo multiplayer against my aunt is, by definition, competitive. It's multiplayer designed to stimulate and support competition.

blah

sk3

Banned
I'm so glad Bungie isn't making Halo games anymore. This is like Halo fully realized. It is gorgeous.

Top Bottom