• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Wish List

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Halo 4 is coming out next fall. What do you guys want to see?

I'll kick it off with a few.

Midship
An enhanced Forge.
More than 1 person in Theater.

ADS
Infinite Armor Lock; only stops when you let go of the button
Bloom that increases based on how fast you run
More swearing
Less color
No Elites; Sentinels are main enemy

Red

OverHeat said:
A halo game that push graphical limits of the 360.
...or maybe we have already have.
What

Ah you edited.

I'd like to see an actually visually impressive Halo for once as well. After seeing Gears 3 I have new faith in what the 360 is actually able to produce (seriously as a PC gamer I was practically drooling over much of the game -- poor texture resolution and frame rate drops could not keep it from looking insanely good).

But that's not really a deal breaker for a Halo game. Mostly I want to see something different, something moving back toward the open battlefields of CE and expanding on them, multi-faction battles, that kind of thing. Maybe an expansion and refinement of ODST's hub world.

Veelk

Banned
Vehicles with more weight.

Aggressive enemy AI that rivals the one in Reach.

News on how earth and the covenant are doing.

watership

Completely new setting.
No Convenant.
No Marines.
Everything new except for Chief, Cortana, and what they brought with them on the busted up hulk of the Forward unto Dawn.

jackdoe

Haha. A joke wish would be real time reflection on MCs visor. They've been teasing that since Halo 2's premiere video.

A more serious one would be NO FLOOD LEVELS.

No bloom, no armor abilities and a warthog chaingun that doesn't overheat. Also, an invasion gametype that doesn't suck ass and has some actual good maps. Don't forget to bring back dual wielding either. More players, dedicated servers and a spawn on squad option in more than just invasion gametypes.

And a dedicated CTF Classic playlist. Player created matches that are searchable and not private would also be nice.

Ichabod

Banned
No bloom
Bleed through shield damage
3 or 4 shot kill weapon
Fall damage
Default sprinting ability

and I'm happy.

Tunavi

Banned
Loadouts: Infinite camo, faster jetpacks, holograms that spawn 20 copies of you in random directions, when you come out of armor lock it kills everyone within a 20 feet radius, drop shields that are 3x as big, evade should get you across the map in one roll. Oh and if you don't choose sprint, you can't move.

LQX

-Normal sprint. Let us control the damn pace.
-Properly proportion Chief and Covenant. Master Chief alone is over 7 feet and the Covenant even bigger. Why is it so hard to scale the game universe according to the fiction?

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Thagomizer said:
ADS
Infinite Armor Lock; only stops when you let go of the button
Bloom that increases based on how fast you run
More swearing
Less color
No Elites; Sentinels are main enemy

I am sorry...that would suck. haha

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I want Metroid-esque feelings of isolation and exploration. I want it to be atmospheric as fuck. If other humans/marines are introduced, I don't want it to be till later on in the game. Like, maybe at the halfway point something happens, you make contact with humanity, and the second half of the game builds up to you leading some type of coordinated campaign to, umm, do something bad ass. I don't care. I just want to have that feeling of solitary exploration for a good chunk of the game.

Satchel

Banned
This thread reads like that poochy Simpsons episode.

I can't stop laughing.

But honestly, strip it back to basics. No armour abilities, have default sprint, less covy weapons, more human weapons.

Make this one all about the chief and chief alone (with cortana of course).

No flood.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Ramirez said:
Sage Merrill comes over to 343 to lead the MP design/sandbox.
vZeHa.gif

I want the feeling of you vs the world back from Halo 1. Where it really is just you taking on everyone and everything without the constant help of AI buddies. I want the MC to stop being such a tank like he turned into after Halo 2. Even the parts in Halo 2/3 where you are alone, it's completely fine because you take a ton of damage and take on rooms filled with enemies all attacking you and still come out fine with very little strategy.

Campaign/story wishes:
-Drinol
-Wildlife
-Forerunners, if possible. Or at least a forerunner-heavy story.
-New aliens? And not just replacement aliens for the Covenant. Actually new ones that behave completely different from the normal ones we know about.
-Cortana to finally go nuts.

Features:
-4 person party theater
-A stat and game tracking system as robust as Bungie currently has in place for Reach.

Graphics:
-Don't give a single shit about 30 vs 60fps. A solid 30 is perfectly fine. I never had any issues in Reach in regards to framerate, but H3 could get out of hand when a ton of stuff started happening on screen.
-Forerunner structures being GRAY instead of brown/gray like they've been in the last two games.
-Covenant structures being purple and really shiny like they were in Halo 1 and 2. Trying to make them look more realistic in Reach ended up looking plastic-y. :\

Raide

Enhanced Forge.
Battlefield style mode. (24-43 players, classes inc Spartans and normal foot soldiers against Grunts etc, Conquest mode)
Return of the Flood.

Proelite

Iron sights
60 fps
killstreaks
armor ability and mods that you can earn by leveling up
sprint is no longer aa and is default on left stick
weapon attachments
movement bloom

Proelite said:
Iron sights
60 fps
killstreaks
weapon attachments
movement bloom

I hear Black Ops is a pretty fun game.

Kajiba

Tashi0106 said:
Halo 4 is coming out next fall. What do you guys want to see?

I'll kick it off with a few.

Midship
An enhanced Forge.
More than 1 person in Theater.

This. I want this back so bad.

Sean

Banned
Get rid of the armor abilities, except for sprint (which would be default for everyone). Jetpacks totally ruined the flow of multiplayer and the map design.

Aside from that, I hope the single player recaptures the feeling of Halo 1 where you were on this strange place and just wanted to explore, etc. Make it really atmospheric.

Havok

Proelite said:
Iron sights
60 fps
killstreaks
weapon attachments
movement bloom
The sad part is that some people believe this.

Top Bottom