• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 5 cutscene maybe-accidentally shown [Actually is MCC cutscene]

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I will have to agree with people complaining about Locks voice acting. Didnt sound good to me. Hope he gets better. His voice itself is really good but the acting kinda sucks.

aly

Locke is going to have to grow on me. Not feeling him right now though. K. David is amazing though. He should voice everyone in the game..

Voice acting doesn't match a game of halos caliber.

Also-Locke looks too much like the dead space guy to me. It looks badass, just doesn't look too original to me

HGStormy

Banned
I miss Master Chief's voice :c Hope Locke gets a hang of it by the time Halo 5 hits.

Cutscenes are gorgeous though. Can't wait for MCC :3

locke lines should be completely replaced, actor included.

lets not go through another dinklebot

Oh please, he's nowhere near Dinklebot tier. He could stand to inflect a little more, but Dinkleage practically seethed with contempt for his material. This is unemphatic at worst.

Locke's voice doesn't match his character's body type. I feel like his body armor is just too slim compared to the other Spartans.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Oh please, he's nowhere near Dinklebot tier. He could stand to inflect a little more, but Dinkleage practically seethed with contempt for his material. This is unemphatic at worst.

Eh idk, I could buy dinklebot as a unemotional robot, but locke just sounds totally out of the scene, voice didn't really sound like it matched the character, his inflection was like something out of a narrated audiobook.

LordOfChaos

For the Halo MCC bridge cutscenes, I'm ok with this voice acting, but I hope for Halo 5 everything is really A grade. Arbiter is awesome as always, Locke could use work.

Not watching this but we've already been told there would be new stuff in the MCC - serving to both fill in some missing stuff with Halo 2 and set up Halo 5.

Is that an in engine cutscene? Looks great if so.

Have we still yet to see any in game footage of Halo 5?

It's from the MCC, so it's definitely pre-rendered. It could have been originally rendered in-engine and then just added into the MCC as a pre-rendered video file, but I kind of doubt it. It's probably more or less representative though and could be seen as a target render, as it seems to be an in-house job rather than Blur, which is who 343 typically uses for pre-rendered cutscenes. It looks a lot like the pre-rendered trailer for the H5 beta too, which I think backs up my assumptions.

And as far as I know all we've seen of H5 is this, the beta trailer, and the models of the unlockable armors from the beta. So no, nothing in-game yet.

Kajiba

Or people just feel differently than you do. You think it's good, others think it's bad. Who's right?

I'm going from where the guy comes from. The guy can act from the tv shows I watch him from and his voice acting is pretty good for someone who really never did it before.

It fits is what I'm trying to say. It not jarring to point where he doesn't fit the character he's portraying.

I'm going from where the guy comes from. The guy can act from the tv shows I watch him from and his voice acting is pretty good for someone who really never did it before.

It fits is what I'm trying to say. It not jarring to point where he doesn't fit the character he's portraying.
That's exactly it though to me. His voice seems so off to what's happening in the scene. Like he's reading his lines and *trying* to strike some inflection and emotion in them and just falling completely flat, to a point where it's a little corny almost.

Each his own of course.

Yay Arbiter is as lame as he has always been.

tumblr_loyrykOcZ51qghkx5o1_r18_500.gif

Run. Run away, and never return.

Top Bottom